Most surprising UConn commitment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most surprising UConn commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Gavin Edwards.

No one had ever heard of him - he didn't even have a placeholder at Scout for us to update the morning he committed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Everyone and their mother knew that Drummond was going to UConn if he didn't do a PG. I wouldn't say that was a shock.

Henefeld is the biggest surprise, followed by Daniels. No one had even heard of Henefeld to my knowledge, and then when we started hearing about him, it looked like St. Johns was a lock. He also had some sort of enrollment issue that had to be overcome, because I don't think he played in the first semester of 1989-1990. He definitely missed the first two losses that year.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Everyone and their mother knew that Drummond was going to UConn if he didn't do a PG. I wouldn't say that was a shock.

Henefeld is the biggest surprise, followed by Daniels. No one had even heard of Henefeld to my knowledge, and then when we started hearing about him, it looked like St. Johns was a lock. He also had some sort of enrollment issue that had to be overcome, because I don't think he played in the first semester of 1989-1990. He definitely missed the first two losses that year.
Henefeld played in every game in December. He didn't join the starting lineup until after the Villanova loss, but he definitely played.

That would make a great trivia question: who did Henefeld replace in the starting lineup? Tcf's site is about to get some clicks...

Reaction Score
Henefeld played in every game in December. He didn't join the starting lineup until after the Villanova loss, but he definitely played.

That would make a great trivia question: who did Henefeld replace in the starting lineup? Tcf's site is about to get some clicks...

Wow not even sure. Was it Murray Williams?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lyman?

Anyway, I remember saying Henefeld was a player when I saw him in the preseason game at the Field House.

And that Edwards commit was pretty funny. After he announced, his high school coach was quoted as saying that Edwards wasn't good enough to play in the Big East.

Reaction Score
I've got the "Dream Season" book at home with box scores of every game....I will have to cheat and look this one up.

It was either Depriest or Cyrulik (in a round about way).
I seem to remember Sellers playing the 4 and Cyrulik the 5 early on.
Then Sellers moved over to the 5 when Henefeld stepped in.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I've got the "Dream Season" book at home with box scores of every game....I will have to cheat and look this one up.

It was either Depriest or Cyrulik (in a round about way).
I seem to remember Sellers playing the 4 and Cyrulik the 5 early on.
Then Sellers moved over to the 5 when Henefeld stepped in.
Bingo, it was Cyrulik.

Reaction Score

The shock wasn't Drummond picking UConn over another school, or even over a PG year. It was that he decided on the eve of the fall semester to come to UConn instead of PG'ing, and to do so as a walk-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom