More Midnight Madness Visitors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More Midnight Madness Visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, Cheshire. I heard a bad rumor this weekend that the family who owns it (Fusco) may be selling out. Let us all hope I have been given bad info.

Never went to the Cheshire rest. may have to do so! Thanks

Reaction Score
Next
Next
Yay
Next
Yay
Next

.........just trying to have a little fun and pass my positive vibes ; )

(This is indeed a joke)

Reaction Score
Next
Next
Yay
Next
Yay
Next

.........just trying to have a little fun and pass my positive vibes ; )

(This is indeed a joke)

You're a funny dude Zionn.......you feeling this one? LOL

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Speaking of Pizza. I had Rossini's this past weekend. Have I mentioned that I think they are underrated? If only we had a thread for this.
Did you have Chicken Marsala?

Reaction Score
Donovan Mitchell:
@spidadmitchell: Uconn midnight madness this Friday ... Providence midnight madness next Friday !!! #psyched #huskies #friars

Reaction Score
Just curious, can anyone name any notable First Night visitors who later played at UConn?

I just don't keep up with this.

Reaction Score
3, are any of the local youngsters coming in for midnight madness? Players like Mustapha Heron, Jermaine Samuels, Jordan Hardwick, Jaecee and Chaylynn Martin?

Reaction Score
3, are any of the local youngsters coming in for midnight madness? Players like Mustapha Heron, Jermaine Samuels, Jordan Hardwick, Jaecee and Chaylynn Martin?
I'll see if I can find out.

Reaction Score
Dave Borges tweeted out that Donovan Mitchell and Jared Reuter will be here as well. The list is getting longer with more and more talent.
Here's the whole list:
-SF Devin Robinson
-C Jessie Govan
-PG Will Jackson
-SG Malachi Richardson
-PG Donovan Mitchell
-PF Jared Reuter
-SG Curtis Cobb
-PG Kahari Beaufort
I thought Robinson wasn't visiting anymore

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Every single recruit that attends First Night will not commit to us. First Night is going to be a joke with this scrimmage; nobody in their right minds wants to watch this.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Every single recruit that attends First Night will not commit to us. First Night is going to be a joke with this scrimmage; nobody in their right minds wants to watch this.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

If you are an elite high school basketball player, where would you rather go?

School A) ESPN featured Midnight Madness where they introduce the players with a smoke/firework entrance. Slam dunk contest and 3 pt contest.

School B) Introduce players and play with girls.

I think its an easy choice.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

School A) ESPN featured Midnight Madness where they introduce the players with a smoke/firework entrance. Slam dunk contest and 3 pt contest.

A place where I can get playing time, win conference and national championships and where I feel the staff can develop me in to an NBA draft pick. Smoke and fireworks would rank about #245 and #246 on the list.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
A place where I can get playing time, win conference and national championships and where I feel the staff can develop me in to an NBA draft pick. Smoke and fireworks would rank about #245 and #246 on the list.

I agree with you, but it definitely makes an impression. Most major schools go overboard with First Night. It seems we're regressing.

Reaction Score
If you think that a kid is going to a school based on smoke, bands, quality scrimmage at midnight madness then you really don't get it. The issue will be how much love the coaches show them, their feel for the campus, coach, other recruits, team, fans etc. if they have the event and 1200 people show, then that would not be good. Bottom line is that no matter where you go, it is a staged event and maybe somewhat fun to watch. I actually think most high school kids would get a kick out of watching, seeing, meeting some of the best female players on the planet

Reaction Score

Smoke and fireworks, baby! Boo-yah!!!!

Reaction Score
Posts like these will definitely make me take your articles more seriously.

Reaction Score
I talked to Donovan Mitchell the other day and he actually said that he thinks it's a really cool idea to do what UConn is doing. Granted I doubt he would talk me it's a bad idea but look at the positives. Not many other schools in the country could do what UConn is doing because not many other schools has guys and girls this talented. Also, it will give a recruit perspective on how the guys and girls teams are close which players do like when they are in college.

Then I'm pretty sure that we will be having the normal intros with the music and smoke so that's no different. Then it will also be partly featured on ESPNs coverage this year. Not too many schools can say that. 2 times in 3 years I believe.

Reaction Score
I talked to Donovan Mitchell the other day and he actually said that he thinks it's a really cool idea to do what UConn is doing. Granted I doubt he would talk me it's a bad idea but look at the positives. Not many other schools in the country could do what UConn is doing because not many other schools has guys and girls this talented. Also, it will give a recruit perspective on how the guys and girls teams are close which players do like when they are in college.

Then I'm pretty sure that we will be having the normal intros with the music and smoke so that's no different. Then it will also be partly featured on ESPNs coverage this year. Not too many schools can say that. 2 times in 3 years I believe.

Was this ESPN's idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc