More Midnight Madness Visitors | Page 3 | The Boneyard

More Midnight Madness Visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get the debate of intersquad scrimmage vs. dunk/3 point contest. Why not do both?
I've been thinking that as well. Make it all 2 hours and you have plenty of time for intros, 3pt and dunk contests, and the scrimmage. Maybe there is some kind of time limit.

Reaction Score
Was just told that 2015 PG Jalen Adams will also be in attendance. I am trying to confirm this with him.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to first night as always. This scrimmage could be fun. Love both teams and actually am surprised some don't. Have to keep the vibe positive!

Reaction Score
If you are an elite high school basketball player, where would you rather go?

School A) ESPN featured Midnight Madness where they introduce the players with a smoke/firework entrance. Slam dunk contest and 3 pt contest.

School B) Introduce players and play with girls.

I think its an easy choice.

School B sounds hot.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
On the surface, a scrimmage between the mens/womens teams sounds somewhat boring. I can agree that it might not be as exciting to outsiders/fans as a dunk contest and cool introductions.

But if you think about it, an intra-squad scrimmage between the mens and womens team shows exactly what the school is all about: Family. Kids will get the impression that UConn is all about tradition and maintaining the program's tight-knit togetherness.

And honestly, we probably can't compete with other schools bells and whistles type of First Nights, so I'm glad we have our own unique representation of our basketball programs.

Plus, I'm sure there will be some fun moments and definitely some fun dunks in the scrimmage on fast-breaks and what-not.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
2015 PG Jaquan McKennon is coming as well. 5'9" and goes to Cardozo(NY). Has interest from UConn, Cincy, Creighton, Iona, Iowa, Iowa State, Miami, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John's and Tennessee.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
On the surface, a scrimmage between the mens/womens teams sounds somewhat boring. I can agree that it might not be as exciting to outsiders/fans as a dunk contest and cool introductions.

But if you think about it, an intra-squad scrimmage between the mens and womens team shows exactly what the school is all about: Family. Kids will get the impression that UConn is all about tradition and maintaining the program's tight-knit togetherness.

Not to mention that when you walk into Gample you are expected to be a mf'ing champion.

Ours is a place where titles are won.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
2015 PG Jaquan McKennon is coming as well. 5'9" and goes to Cardozo(NY). Has interest from UConn, Cincy, Creighton, Iona, Iowa, Iowa State, Miami, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John's and Tennessee.

Here's a clip:

Reaction Score
Never went to the Cheshire rest. may have to do so! Thanks

Been there a hundred times if I've been there once. Nice place and great food. They usually have some wicked cute young Italian girls working the counter too, not to mention a cooler full of Foxon Park flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom