Memphis game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Memphis game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Despite the loss at Stanford--or perhaps because of it--I think this team may be better than last year's 40-0 team. They are deeper, possibly more athletic, and healthier. As great as Bria and Stef were, adding Morgan, Kia, Gabby, and a newly confident Saniya at least offsets that. Stewie, Kaleena, and Moriah have become dominant in the past month. Go Huskies!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Despite the loss at Stanford--or perhaps because of it--I think this team may be better than last year's 40-0 team. They are deeper, possibly more athletic, and healthier. As great as Bria and Stef were, adding Morgan, Kia, Gabby, and a newly confident Saniya at least offsets that. Stewie, Kaleena, and Moriah have become dominant in the past month. Go Huskies!
They have become an absolute machine. Thk God we made so many mental errors at the end of the Stanford game. I don't think they would have come as far as they have if they eked out a win out there. Yo guys are correct. Morgan playing at 100%, Kiah Nurse becomes a solid freshman starter, Mo Jef becomes as prolific a pt guard as there is, and we still have KML & Stewie, and Kiah, Chong & Gabbie coming off the bench. Amazing! I'm not sure we won't be even better next yr. 4/5 starters returning. 2/3 bench returning. A athletic & seasoned 6'5" big, and three new thorobreds coming in that all have different strengths- it's almost obscene!!! But we'll get over it!!! :)

Reaction Score
When I watch this UConn team sometimes Im lost for words. They are individually so good on both sides of the ball. I don't think you could have a better team and I don't think there has ever been a better team in WCBB. This is the Greatest Womens Basketball Team in the history of the game. They demoralize you mentally. There just isn't a chance. Its hard for me to put into words how great this team is. Great describes a lot of teams. This UConn team is better then Great. If you imagined a team that you would want this team is missing nothing from your dreams. This is a Dream Team. When the NCAAs start there isn't a team that can come within double digits of UConn and most likely not come within 20 pts of UConn. UConn will control the score and their is nothing their opponent can do. SC if there is another match up cant come within 20 pts of UConn. Yes SC will play differently and so will UConn. Most non UConn fans have no idea how good this team is and the level they play at. They are far superior then any team in WCBB by a very large margin.

I like 01-02 better. Though this team is beastly. I had been wondering for quite some time where to put this team. And while it may be better that other undefeated teams it can never be greater for me. I definitely believe this team became better off after the loss. The undefeated teams never had that "luxury." They were too perfect. IMO that makes them greater.

This team imo has some minor issues - one guarding a prolific scoring sg/sf and another is rebounding. Notice both Loyd and Mitchell went off until UCONN face-guarded them. There was a pretty good sg on 01-02. That wouldn't work with DT- way to physically strong to deny in addition if you opened up the floor with 4 seniors (playing 4 on 3) that have played a ton of minutes over 3 years, it would be hard to stop. For example AJones can actually shoot the basketball for a big unlike a team like USC whose bigs can't shoot worth a lick.

Then the rebounding - 01-02 was tough on the glass.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Then the rebounding - 01-02 was tough on the glass.

This team is better at rebounding than you might think, 5th in the nation in rebounding margin and climbing. It doesn't have as many ball hawks as that earlier team, but it's still a good rebounding club.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
28%5Cwbbmemphis-3.jpg

Reaction Score
This team is better at rebounding than you might think, 5th in the nation in rebounding margin and climbing. It doesn't have as many ball hawks as that earlier team, but it's still a good rebounding club.

Statistically yes- -- but Stewart and Tuck are not great rebounders. But I thought Cash and Williams were tremendous rebounders as was for a sg- so was Taurasi. You really can't compare eras using stats - so I'm going for personal eye test. Nothing can be proven. Tony could be right. IMO he isn't but that's okay - no one can be certain except claim their opinion is right.

01-02 would beat them on the glass imo unless this team used a lot of Stokes. Then this team becomes a bit easer to defend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
From Altavilla:

Forrest Gabby: In one of his many light-hearted comments after the game, Auriemma referred to freshman Gabby Williams as the team's Forrest Gump because he never knows what he's going to get from her from day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom