McDonalds AAG | The Boneyard

McDonalds AAG

Reaction Score
I know it's just an All Star game but really looking forward to seeing our two All Americans in their last game as a High School athlete.

It's not their last game. They're both playing in the Jordan Brand Classic in Chicago April 15th.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Early impressions based on 1st half:

Kiki Rice looks phenomenal, IMO the standout so far. Reminds me a ton of Bueckers with her composure, ability to score and set up others. Unselfish and smooth. Great at finding her teammates. Just a joy to watch. She'll be an impact player for UCLA.

Janiah Barker reminds me a lot of Candace Parker. Similar body type and extremely fluid athlete. Very good all around skills, might be the premier recruit in the class. Should be a major impact player from day 1 wherever she goes. Big personality.

Isuneh Brady just looks like a UCONN player. Athletic, active on both ends, hustles, seems to have high basketball IQ, unselfish. I think she'll get playing time next year.

Chance Gray looks really good too. Good athlete and pretty shot. Taniya Latson (Florida State) looks like a similar player.

Gabriela Jaquez (UCLA) looks very good. Smooth and can score in a variety of ways.

Flau-Jae Johnson (LSU) takes a lot of shots. Looks like a great athlete but lots of "me ball". A year with Kim should fix that.

Lauren Betts is huge. Reminds me of Mercedes Russell/Teaira McCowan in her build. Not the fastest up and down the floor but really big. Hasn't gotten many looks. Based on this showing (which doesn't mean a ton) I wouldn't expect her to get much playing time next year with Stanford's immense post depth.

Ashlyn Watkins is extremely athletic but raw, badly missed some good looks inside. Good handles for a big and can lead the break. Maybe she'll be similar to Amihere for them. Talaysia Cooper looks like a great athlete too for SC. Has flash and sizzle to her game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t remember this game ever being this awful to watch. Ouch!
The announcers…….

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Game got uglied up in the 2nd, especially the 4th but pretty entertaining game nonetheless. Overall top standouts in order for me were Kiki Rice, Janiah Barker, Talaysia Cooper, Ta'Niya Latson, and Gabriela Jaquez. No surprise it's all guards or perimeter players, hard to make an impact as a post. For UCONN fans, Brady looked excellent, Patterson didn't seem to get a lot of touches but looks like a 4 rather than a SF.

Reaction Score
Early impressions based on 1st half:

Kiki Rice looks phenomenal, IMO the standout so far. Reminds me a ton of Bueckers with her composure, ability to score and set up others. Unselfish and smooth. Great at finding her teammates. Just a joy to watch. She'll be an impact player for UCLA.

Janiah Barker reminds me a lot of Candace Parker. Similar body type and extremely fluid athlete. Very good all around skills, might be the premier recruit in the class. Should be a major impact player from day 1 wherever she goes. Big personality.

Isuneh Brady just looks like a UCONN player. Athletic, active on both ends, hustles, seems to have high basketball IQ, unselfish. I think she'll get playing time next year.

Chance Gray looks really good too. Good athlete and pretty shot. Taniya Latson (Florida State) looks like a similar player.

Gabriela Jaquez (UCLA) looks very good. Smooth and can score in a variety of ways.

Flau-Jae Johnson (LSU) takes a lot of shots. Looks like a great athlete but lots of "me ball". A year with Kim should fix that.

Lauren Betts is huge. Reminds me of Mercedes Russell/Teaira McCowan in her build. Not the fastest up and down the floor but really big. Hasn't gotten many looks. Based on this showing (which doesn't mean a ton) I wouldn't expect her to get much playing time next year with Stanford's immense post depth.

Ashlyn Watkins is extremely athletic but raw, badly missed some good looks inside. Good handles for a big and can lead the break. Maybe she'll be similar to Amihere for them. Talaysia Cooper looks like a great athlete too for SC. Has flash and sizzle to her game.
Good points, I especially agree on Brady, Jacquez, and Betts. Brady is just made for both the high and low spots in UConn’s offense. Jacquez is just a versatile baller with great instincts. And I was a little surprised by how much trouble Betts had with smaller kids. She’ll need to get stronger and a lot quicker to play in that Stanford offense.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Good points, I especially agree on Brady, Jacquez, and Betts. Brady is just made for both the high and low spots in UConn’s offense. Jacquez is just a versatile baller with great instincts. And I was a little surprised by how much trouble Betts had with smaller kids. She’ll need to get stronger and a lot quicker to play in that Stanford offense.
In Betts defense, I think she had only 4 or 5 touches inside, and she put up great numbers on the U19 team last summer which had Clark/Fudd/Citron among others. This game was also a lot more helter shelter than anything she'll experience in college so it probably wasn't the best setting to showcase her skill.

Reaction Score
In Betts defense, I think she had only 4 or 5 touches inside, and she put up great numbers on the U19 team last summer which had Clark/Fudd/Citron among others. This game was also a lot more helter shelter than anything she'll experience in college so it probably wasn't the best setting to showcase her skill.
Yes, it’s not the best setting for any bigs really. I like to watch what they do off the ball, screening, and on defense. Brady had a very nice P+R in the first half.

Reaction Score
OK I am a huge Kiki Rice fan, but my goodness they have a real recruiting class that is gonna change the game. Ucla is definitely gonna win a ntl title.

Reaction Score
Cooper has always been underrated because she went to a tiny school and got on the aau circuit later than most. Dawn offered her in the 7th grade, and she was a hidden gem for a while.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
anyone can post the box score it would be much appreciated.

Reaction Score
I thought Rice was amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
Barker is one helluva talent.

For UCONN I thought Patterson was taller than Brady yet Hoopgurlz has Brady 6'3 and Patterson 6'2. Patterson looked as near as tall as Oldacre.

I love how Patterson seems to attack the glass. Early in the game she had a nice rebound and a nice block. Those plays highlighted what she is - athleticism and strength and quickness. She's a bigger version of Aubrey and possibly with a handle. Her lateral movement is excellent. She had one step out where she practically took the ball from the dribbler. I recall during the summer she did a fine job defending Ducharme and in this game here she is guarding Betts.

Brady has excellent feet and excellent touch. Not "good" but "excellent." Not saying she is a future superstar - just saying she has both. How that translates we shall see.
I don't believe she is 6'3. But she has a strong base. In time she should never get pushed around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wrong wrong wrong! Betts is the starting 5 as soon as she gets to Stanford. You guys are right until proven wrong!!!
Signed
The white knight!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I’ve seen enough of Cooper to really like her game. I wanted Barker at SC before but I REALLY want her now. A part of me hopes she follows Joni to A&M though. I’m content as long as she doesn’t go to Tennessee. I can see her listening to a pitch from Coach Yo as well.. and while I don’t think Yo would best develop her talents, I do think it could be a fit considering she’ll likely be a Day 1 starter.

I was also VERY impressed with the UCLA twosome of Rice and Jaquez. That’s gonna be a fabulous backcourt.

Reaction Score
If someone can find the box score, I think they will find that Betts was one of the top scorers with a good shooting percentage and she was a leader in rebounding also. Just a guestimate from watching the game. I'm sure many will still dump on her but she was one of the standouts to me. Ashlyn Watkins looked good as well as Cooper.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brady looked 5-6 inches shorter than Betts when they were standing side-by-side.

Brady does a great job of trying to establish position in the post, though this was not the kind of game for that type of play. I think, as Geno has mentioned, she needs to get in better condition, and then watch out.

Patterson has all kinds of tools but will probably be raw offensively her first year. Should make plays though.

Really like Ashlon Jackson as I have for some time.

Watkins is not only a great athlete but gets off her feet like Rodman. You can see why she's a supreme rebounder.

Rice's shot has come a long way from when it looked broke with the U16 team. Her floor and ceiling both appear to be quite big.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Betts was 1-8 for 2 points and 8 rebounds.

FPESIMXXEAEB0SL

Reaction Score
If someone can find the box score, I think they will find that Betts was one of the top scorers with a good shooting percentage and she was a leader in rebounding also. Just a guestimate from watching the game. I'm sure many will still dump on her but she was one of the standouts to me. Ashlyn Watkins looked good as well as Cooper.
"Betts was one of the top scorers with a good shooting percentage" ? You were watching a different game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom