McDonalds AAG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McDonalds AAG

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Brady looked 5-6 inches shorter than Betts when they were standing side-by-side.

Brady does a great job of trying to establish position in the post, though this was not the kind of game for that type of play. I think, as Geno has mentioned, she needs to get in better condition, and then watch out.

Patterson has all kinds of tools but will probably be raw offensively her first year. Should make plays though.

Really like Ashlon Jackson as I have for some time.

Watkins is not only a great athlete but gets off her feet like Rodman. You can see why she's a supreme rebounder.

Rice's shot has come a long way from when it looked broke with the U16 team. Her floor and ceiling both appear to be quite big.
Watkins with the Rodman comparison is spot on. The way she moves and elevates you don't usually see in the women's game. I dont know where she fits in next year with Boston, Amihere, Cardoso and Feagin all back but I think she'll get some PT.

Reaction Score
That box score is clearly wrong. I saw Betts make at least 5 shots. At least 4 shots in the 1st quarter. Watch the game. I'm pretty sure I'm not hallucinating.

Reaction Score
I apparently watched an entire game which was different from the one below. Maybe it was a scrimmage but it had announcers and the same players. Apparently this is the game you are describing?

Reaction Score
I apparently watched an entire game which was different from the one below. Maybe it was a scrimmage but it had announcers and the same players. Apparently this is the game you are describing?

Yes, this is the game. This was the only McD all star game so far. I do believe that there was at least one and possibly 2 scrimmages before today's game. You probably confused a scrimmage for this game.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Look at the photo of Ayanna guarding Flau’Jae Johnson! The muscle definition in her arms is remarkable for only being a senior in high school.

I can’t even imagine how she’s going to transform with Andrea Hudy!

Reaction Score
Patterson being credited with 2 rebounds seems incorrect. Thought she had 4-5. Watching her miss both her free throws made me think she's gonna fit in pretty well.
I really liked the effort Patterson exhibited. She and the other main “big” on the East played very unselfishly, set screens, hit three boards, and didn’t press. Her athleticism is off the charts though she didn’t show offensive flashes that she has in some of her usa hoops videos. She will contribute defensive immediately and offensively with time.

PvP

Reaction Score
Patterson controlled the opening tip off against Betts! What does that say about each of them?!!

Reaction Score
Brady looked 5-6 inches shorter than Betts when they were standing side-by-side.

Brady does a great job of trying to establish position in the post, though this was not the kind of game for that type of play. I think, as Geno has mentioned, she needs to get in better condition, and then watch out.

Patterson has all kinds of tools but will probably be raw offensively her first year. Should make plays though.

Really like Ashlon Jackson as I have for some time.

Watkins is not only a great athlete but gets off her feet like Rodman. You can see why she's a supreme rebounder.

Rice's shot has come a long way from when it looked broke with the U16 team. Her floor and ceiling both appear to be quite big.
Based on this game, good assessment. Brady has good moves but seemed out of shape. Did not appear as tall as has been listed. Patterson seems to need more confidence on her offense. Both should do well at UConn - just a matter of when.

Reaction Score
… Ashlyn Watkins is extremely athletic but raw, badly missed some good looks inside. Good handles for a big and can lead the break. Maybe she'll be similar to Amihere for them. Talaysia Cooper looks like a great athlete too for SC. Has flash and sizzle to her game.
Concur with all thread analysis. Always look at these pipeline games in context of biggest championship rivals. SC’s incoming length & athleticism concerning, even as we are adding two 6’3”+ promising posts. And Betts will be a handful, esp next to Brink on both ends. Really need Dorka to return for legit title shot, on top of Amari/Piath taking next step & at least one of Ayanna/Ice contributing in rotation as freshmen.

Other McD observations:
Tennessee commit Justine Pissot wing length & shooting impressed me across both scrimmage & game footage. Would love Geno to focus on landing 1-2 long, versatile, athletic wings like Kitts, etc. to keep pace. Fingers crossed that Aubrey comes back healthy & improved to play this role;
Barker, Flau’jae, & Ashlon Jackson all have big personalities that I could see clashing in Storrs, so doubt Geno would be interested even if Janiah didn’t pre-emptively axe UConn, not unlike prolific ND guard from Texas years ago. Interested to see how FjJ & Kim Mulkey get along @ LSU, considering former apparently about to release a rap album, based on McD game intro;
Chance Gray was impressive across all 3 days. Likely that her Oregon commitment triggered 3 transfer portal entries just announced;
India Nivar played effectively within herself & should assume PG duties capably for Stanford.

Reaction Score
+ Love the team-oriented & defensive effort exhibited by Ayanna & Ice. Both had at least 1 block & steal while being plus players— esp impressive for Brady since West lost decidedly.

… Trademark UConn qualities in AS game featuring most players trying to shine individually in spotlight. You can almost predict players to programs just from watching the scrimmage/game/sideline footage, player locations, & knowing existing rosters/depth charts, styles/systems, & coaching preferences. Would have guessed Ayanna/Ice to UConn, Betts/Nivar to Stanford, & Watkins/Cooper to SC blind otherwise.

Reaction Score
I hate all Basketball All Star games. Why? Because the players shoot as soon as they touch the ball. The games become a total joke.

Reaction Score
Concur with all thread analysis. Always look at these pipeline games in context of biggest championship rivals. SC’s incoming length & athleticism concerning, even as we are adding two 6’3”+ promising posts. And Betts will be a handful, esp next to Brink on both ends. Really need Dorka to return for legit title shot, on top of Amari/Piath taking next step & at least one of Ayanna/Ice contributing in rotation as freshmen.

Other McD observations:
I'd say that it's very UNLIKELY that Gray was a factor in the 3 transfers out of Oregon. Of the 3 Scherr is a SG, Parrish is a SG/wing and Watson is a post. Gray is a PG who won't be moving Paopao or Rogers out anytime soon. I'll let the Oregon fans here comment on what could have caused these 3 who came in together to leave but IMO it's got nothing to do with Gray.

Reaction Score
I'd say that it's very UNLIKELY that Gray was a factor in the 3 transfers out of Oregon. Of the 3 Scherr is a SG, Parrish is a SG/wing and Watson is a post. Gray is a PG who won't be moving Paopao or Rogers out anytime soon. I'll let the Oregon fans here comment on what could have caused these 3 who came in together to leave but IMO it's got nothing to do with Gray.
Fair pts, BobbyJ. Faulty reflex assumption on my part since Gray was a late commit, as I recall. Looking fwd to Oregon-informed insight for transfers explanation…

Reaction Score
OK I am a huge Kiki Rice fan, but my goodness they have a real recruiting class that is gonna change the game. Ucla is definitely gonna win a ntl title.
I doubt it! I’m not sold on their coach. She certainly will have the players though.

Reaction Score
Fair pts, BobbyJ. Faulty reflex assumption on my part since Gray was a late commit, as I recall. Looking fwd to Oregon-informed insight for transfers explanation…
See what’s going on at Oregon thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom