McDonald's AA Game - Danger Time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

McDonald's AA Game - Danger Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was wondering how Lauren Cox will be getting PT at Baylor with their young posts. Could she play as a 4?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Should be on ESPN 3.

The HuskyGames site put last year's up, maybe they will do so again.[/QUOT
Should be on ESPN 3.

The HuskyGames site put last year's up, maybe they will do so again.
Thanks! It is in the WatchESPN archives now. I'll take a look.

I saw the WBCA games in 2010 and 2013. In the 2010 game, players who impressed me were Chiney and Bria. Megan Simmons was a gunner. In the 2013 game, I thought Saniya played well. I liked Scaife and Kaela Davis. Diamond was a gunner, and none of the bigs could score against the others inside. Plum looked good in limited minutes.

Reaction Score
I was wondering how Lauren Cox will be getting PT at Baylor with their young posts. Could she play as a 4?
I think she's already as good or better than most of their posts. She's going to play a lot IMO.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Unless TCU has other top level recruits, Amber Ramirez won't come close to playing in a final four. What a waste of talent!
She'll be lucky in her 4 years to even make the Dance.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Mulkey has once again proven she's a great (over)recruiter, and not a great coach. Although a very good one. I also think Mompremier is in a tough position next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just watched the first half and have a few thoughts.

I thought that Crystal played under control and generally made good, unselfish decisions.

Joyner Holmes's athleticism is unmistakeable.

Jackie Young looks way better than the #10 player. She may be better than Jewell.

Amber Ramirez reminds me of Shoni, both good and bad. Certain to be a fan favorite.

Sabrina Ionescu looks very good. She's willing an able to pass. She's very involved and smart. Does she force things?

Some things that are hard to ascertain in a free-for-all game like this: Is the player unselfish? Does she play hard? Does she have a high basketball IQ?

I look for Ramirez and Ionescu to be major scorers next year. Boley and especially Young are nice additions for ND. Jackie adds some athleticism. Holmes will really help Texas.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I just watched the first half and have a few thoughts.

I thought that Crystal played under control and generally made good, unselfish decisions.

Joyner Holmes's athleticism is unmistakeable.

Jackie Young looks way better than the #10 player. She may be better than Jewell.

Amber Ramirez reminds me of Shoni, both good and bad. Certain to be a fan favorite.

Sabrina Ionescu looks very good. She's willing an able to pass. She's very involved and smart. Does she force things?

Some things that are hard to ascertain in a free-for-all game like this: Is the player unselfish? Does she play hard? Does she have a high basketball IQ?

I look for Ramirez and Ionescu to be major scorers next year. Boley and especially Young are nice additions for ND. Jackie adds some athleticism. Holmes will really help Texas.

Joyner Holmes did look like quite a handful - very quick and explosive for her size (not sure how tall she is?). S. Ionescu will be an impact player somewhere for sure... maybe Oregon State?

Loved that deep ball by Danger. Nothin' but net!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Joyner Holmes did look like quite a handful - very quick and explosive for her size (not sure how tall she is?). S. Ionescu will be an impact player somewhere for sure... maybe Oregon State?

Loved that deep ball by Danger. Nothin' but net!
I read somewhere that Joyner can defend all 5 positions. She does look a little like LeBron. Yikes!

If she chooses Cal, Ionescu will make a nice tandem with Anigwe.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Time to revisit my 2007 video:

What ever happened to Maya Moore? ;)

She outplayed Italee Lucas that night and probably every night since.

I love the sequence where she steals the inbound pass, makes a layup, and then runs the floor to deflect a pass almost 94' away. She stole several inbound passes against Rushdan's team in Seattle as a senior and converted them into layups and threes. I think she had a dozen points off inbound passes from the other team.

Catching the pass on the break with one hand and scoring on the scoop shot without ever touching the ball with her left. Vintage Maya! Even at age 17.

Seeing Maya Moore in transition is a very scary sight for defenders.

Not the same caliber as Candace Parker? She finished right behind her in the NPOY voting. How about consensus AA 4 times?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few more thoughts:

Cox showed a little more in the second half. She has size and skills.

Slocum is fun to watch.

Ionescu has a nice shot, though her release starts a little low.

I wanted to see Kaila Charles. Before playing for national powerhouse Riverdale Baptist, she played for local powerhouse Eleanor Roosevelt. Two years ago, they dealt C.H. Flowers and De'Janae their only 2 losses. In the second game--in the post-season--DJB got into foul trouble and was a non-factor. I don't recall the score but it was bad, maybe 65-25. I thought that Kaila Charles may be as good as De'Janae. Certainly, Maryland landed some good players, yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom