McCombs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McCombs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks...Your liberal views on pot obviously differ from mine. Maybe you will grow up some day and realize that weed is not something you will be proud of. Let's hope you don't tell your kids it's ok to smoke for the sake of our society.

Now - can we focus on the real part of this thread? He got arrested a day before the game for pushing his girlfriend and spitting in her face. Your thoughts on that?

Liberal views? It's not just liberals that realize the prohibition against marijuana is a waste of money. There was a time when most Republicans believed the government should stay out of other people's personal business. The war on drugs was, and continues to be, a complete farce.

As for McCombs second arrest, I haven't heard enough details to know what to think, and neither has anyone else. Pushed and spit on could mean a lot of things. Was he yelling and some spittle came out of his mouth, or did he full on hock a loogie(sp?) in her face? Was she attacking him and he pushed her away, or did he throw her against a wall? Obviously it's not good, but there's a pretty wide range of what he may have done.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If this was the UConn Police, there is every reason to believe that this incident was way overblown.

Reaction Score
I really wish the press would scan police reports and post it on their websites. It's not difficult technology and some newspapers do this, albeit inconsistently. Let the public see the report. I am assuming Dez and the other columnists who saw the report had a physical copy. Put it up on your blog. It is a public record.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Thanks...Your liberal views on pot obviously differ from mine. Maybe you will grow up some day and realize that weed is not something you will be proud of. Let's hope you don't tell your kids it's ok to smoke for the sake of our society.

Now - can we focus on the real part of this thread? He got arrested a day before the game for pushing his girlfriend and spitting in her face. Your thoughts on that?
so smoking weed makes you a horrible horrible person? do you think barack Obama is a horrible horrible person? go back to the 30s with your antiquated views.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
so smoking weed makes you a horrible horrible person? Not in and of itself. I do however know a few people who let it ruin their lives do you think barack Obama is a horrible horrible person? In many ways yes, but not due to his drug use. go back to the 30s with your antiquated views.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
if you let marijuana ruin your life, you had other issues than just weed. and i meant a horrible person as in he's evil, nothing to do with his political views. plenty of high ranking (no pun intended) public officials have smoked weed, yet they want to keep it illegal.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
He pushed his girlfriend and spit in her face. Outstanding individual.

Damn, I didn't know the facts. How did he only get arrested for Disturbing the Peace? That's assault/DV. If true, he should be suspended, at least, for the rest of the year if not removed from the team.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Hate to break it to you but once the season's over those drug tests stop...

And they don't test every player. They randomly select like 15 guys each time.

To clarify something posted earlier about the NCAA testing policy....the NCAA ONLY tests right after postseason events (playoff or Bowl games). That is it. The NCAA tests once a year (per sport). The school policy is what I think people are referring to when they say "all athletes are randomly tested".

Reaction Score
although i do not know the whole story. It does seem like McCombs is a dirtbag thug that deserves to be dropped by the University. No matter how ticked off you are you simply cannot assult somebody, especially a woman. Maybe, just maybe, she was attacking him and he was holding her back. That is a possiblilty, in that case it is what it is.

As for the pot, what an idiot. Its real simple, just leave it alone. If you cant leave it alone while at school or whatever than you have an actual problem with the drug.

Seems like he is cought up in trouble frequently.

Reaction Score
Damn, I didn't know the facts. How did he only get arrested for Disturbing the Peace? That's assault/DV. If true, he should be suspended, at least, for the rest of the year if not removed from the team.

That is why I am going to hold further judgment until we see the police report. Pushing and spitting would warrant an Assault 3 charge (also a misdemeanor). And if I am reading this right, the police did not deem this domestic violence. If it was, by law, he would have to be arraigned the next business day, and it looks like his next court date is November 27th. What police department sets an arraignment date down 2 months from now? Unless he actually already did get arraigned and the press just didn't catch on. I checked the judicial branch webpage and do not see him in the system yet.

Reaction Score
Liberal views? It's not just liberals that realize the prohibition against marijuana is a waste of money. There was a time when most Republicans believed the government should stay out of other people's personal business. The war on drugs was, and continues to be, a complete farce.

As for McCombs second arrest, I haven't heard enough details to know what to think, and neither has anyone else. Pushed and spit on could mean a lot of things. Was he yelling and some spittle came out of his mouth, or did he full on hock a loogie(sp?) in her face? Was she attacking him and he pushed her away, or did he throw her against a wall? Obviously it's not good, but there's a pretty wide range of what he may have done.

so smoking weed makes you a horrible horrible person? do you think barack Obama is a horrible horrible person? go back to the 30s with your antiquated views.

No, Yes. No one does weed and snorts coke through out his junior and senior year in high school and doesn't continue through college. Just doesn't happen (especially at Colombia) - Hussien is a liar saying he didn't. He was on something for the debate, even an uneducated (having colleges give you degrees 'cause someone gives them big bucks does not make one educated - merely credentialed) and lazy guy (his own words) couldn't be that bad unless he was on some type of upper/downer combo to try and detox him.

Reaction Score
although i do not know the whole story. It does seem like McCombs is a dirtbag thug that deserves to be dropped by the University. No matter how ticked off you are you simply cannot assult somebody, especially a woman. Maybe, just maybe, she was attacking him and he was holding her back. That is a possiblilty, in that case it is what it is.

Apparently his girlfriend was also arrested, so there's certainly the possibility that he was restraining her. Without being there it's very hard for me to say what the penalty should be. He didn't get charged with assault, which is why I tend to think it wasn't that devastating of a push and it might be getting overblown. If he really assaulted her I think he would have been charged accordingly.

Reaction Score
Apparently his girlfriend was also arrested, so there's certainly the possibility that he was restraining her. Without being there it's very hard for me to say what the penalty should be. He didn't get charged with assault, which is why I tend to think it wasn't that devastating of a push and it might be getting overblown. If he really assaulted her I think he would have been charged accordingly.

It could be that the police did not find whoever claimed there was pushing and spitting credible, or that they did not feel there was enough evidence to corroborate that there was pushing and spitting. It would be spelled out in the police report, but the press did not really go into details, except for the "juicy" tidbits that will make headlines.

Many more people would read the article if the police report was actually available for the readers to view.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
No, Yes. No one does weed and snorts coke through out his junior and senior year in high school and doesn't continue through college. Just doesn't happen (especially at Colombia) - Hussien is a liar saying he didn't.

...the hell is this garbage?

Reaction Score
We really don't know the circumstances here and Pasqualoni says he does have them, so at least this once I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt...This could be closer to Lutrus' arrest during spring weekend a few years ago...And I'm not one to tolerate much...Just to give some perspective, I thought and still think that both Williams and Price should have been dismissed from the team for laptopgate, and I had zero problem with kicking Endres off the team, but these boyfriend-girlfriend disputes can be pretty tricky. I think it is at least policy in domestic disputes, and I imagine this was like a domestic dispute, to arrest both parties when arrests are made. Because in so may instances things aren't exactly what they seem. And a lot depends on when the cops arrived. Can you imagine a scenario where she takes a swing at her, he blocks it and pushes her away more or less in self defense? I can. Not claiming that happened. Just that I have seen that situation more than once. The way it was handled indicates that this was a shouting match between lovers that escalated into something mildly physical. But an arrest for 2nd degree disturbing the peace suggests it was mostly ashouting match.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
No, Yes. No one does weed and snorts coke through out his junior and senior year in high school and doesn't continue through college. Just doesn't happen (especially at Colombia) - Hussien is a liar saying he didn't. He was on something for the debate, even an uneducated (having colleges give you degrees 'cause someone gives them big bucks does not make one educated - merely credentialed) and lazy guy (his own words) couldn't be that bad unless he was on some type of upper/downer combo to try and detox him.
what

Reaction Score

Do i think Barack Obama is a horrible horrible person? Where do I begin. Ok - how about he's a person who shouldn't even come close to holding public office, never mind holding the current title he does. Here are the reasons:

1. He sat in a church with a pastor who beraded America and blamed the US for what happened on 9/11. Rev Wright was not just his pastor, he was a very close friend who married Barack and Michelle.

Well - I shouldn't have to go on after that.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Do i think Barack Obama is a horrible horrible person? Where do I begin. Ok - how about he's a person who shouldn't even come close to holding public office, never mind holding the current title he does. Here are the reasons:

1. He sat in a church with a pastor who beraded America and blamed the US for what happened on 9/11. Rev Wright was not just his pastor, he was a very close friend who married Barack and Michelle.

Well - I shouldn't have to go on after that.
but that has nothing to do with him smoking weed, which was the point i was trying to make.

Reaction Score
All I know is the players get pissed at the other players that get suspended for drugs. So they aren't all doing it. Some of them actually give a about their futures.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about George Bush? He went to Yale

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Cut the dumb political or I'll ban the both of you. Keep it on topic or take it to the Cesspool.

Reaction Score
27 - I disagree that it isn't a big deal. It has to do with how our society operates and our society right now portrays things that I don't agree with.

Our society has jailed hundreds of thousands for marijuana and ruined families and lives. Our drug "war" has cost us billions maybe trillions and all we have to show for it is a trail of blood and bodies and civil wars south of the border. That's how our country operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom