McCombs | The Boneyard

McCombs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I'm coach - not only does he not play, not only he doesn not travel to Rutgers, not only is he suspended the rest of this season, he is done for good with this program.

He's already been suspended for drugs. This was his 2nd chance. He blew it and so did the coaching staff in suspending him for 1 quarter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While I think today was ridiculous.. And Nancy Reagan scared me to the point I've never touched an illegal drug.. The 'drug' arrest is silly.

Reaction Score
While I think today was ridiculous.. And Nancy Reagan scared me to the point I've never touched an illegal drug.. The 'drug' arrest is silly.

We will agree to disagree. Marijuana is illegal. Don't use it - you're on a full ride to UConn for an education and football. If you want to get involved with that type of stuff you don't have your priorities straight. He was given a second chance and he dropped the ball as well as seriously damaging his reputation. I don't want him on the team.

Reaction Score
He smoked weed by himself in his dorm room. Big ducking deal. I bet at least half the team smokes weed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We will agree to disagree. Marijuana is illegal. Don't use it - you're on a full ride to UConn for an education and football. If you want to get involved with that type of stuff you don't have your priorities straight. He was given a second chance and he dropped the ball as well as seriously damaging his reputation. I don't want him on the team.

It's kind of illegal. If you arrested every college football player who smoked pot there would be no games next week.

This arrest is 100x worse. If we had all the facts and you didn't want him on the team that's fine. If you wanted every player on this team that smokes pot off the team they would lose out by an average of 50 points.

Reaction Score
He smoked weed by himself in his dorm room. Big ducking deal. I bet at least half the team smokes weed.

He pushed his girlfriend and spit in her face. Outstanding individual.

Reaction Score
It's kind of illegal. If you arrested every college football player who smoked pot there would be no games next week.

This arrest is 100x worse. If we had all the facts and you didn't want him on the team that's fine. If you wanted every player on this team that smokes pot off the team they would lose out by an average of 50 points.

So it's ok the kid smoked weed. An arrest for drugs is an arrest. He was given a 2nd chance and he did something that was worse than his original arrest. Pattern isn't good.

Reaction Score
He pushed his girlfriend and spit in her face. Outstanding individual.

An arrest for individual consumption of weed is not a big deal at all and like whaler said there would be no games next week if every player was tested for it.

I'll wait to comment on what happened yesterday until I know all of the facts.

Reaction Score
So I guess that UConn players have found a way to beat the drug testing yes?

Please don't group other players into LM' s category.

Reaction Score
An arrest for individual consumption of weed is not a big deal at all and like whaler said there would be no games next week if every player was tested for it.

I'll wait to comment on what happened yesterday until I know all of the facts.

All players are randomly tested throughout the year.

Reaction Score
So I guess that UConn players have found a way to beat the drug testing yes?

Please don't group other players into LM' s category.

Stick to your fantasy world if you want. UConn was just named the most weed friendly college in the country or something to that effect, and we're supposed to believe that most of the football players don't partake?

Reaction Score
Stick to your fantasy world if you want. UConn was just named the most weed friendly college in the country or something to that effect, and we're supposed to believe that most of the football players don't partake?

Once again, all players are randomly tested throughout the year.

Reaction Score
Once again, all players are randomly tested throughout the year.

You do realize that there isn't a punishment if a player fails his first test, right? All that happens after failing your first test is that you're automatically tested in the next two months. So it's very easy for a kid to fail his first test and then just not smoke for the next two months.

It's not like the University is turning every kid who fails a drug test over to the police department.

Reaction Score
Hate to break it to you but once the season's over those drug tests stop...

Thanks...Your liberal views on pot obviously differ from mine. Maybe you will grow up some day and realize that weed is not something you will be proud of. Let's hope you don't tell your kids it's ok to smoke for the sake of our society.

Now - can we focus on the real part of this thread? He got arrested a day before the game for pushing his girlfriend and spitting in her face. Your thoughts on that?

Reaction Score
First of all I've never smoked weed so dont try to paint me as someone who has. Secondly I was just clarifying facts for you that the NCAA doesn't randomly text yr round.. My thoughts on him getting arrested are happens and he should have been suspended longer. But we don't know how hard he pushed her or if she was scratching and pushing him first and he was just trying to get away from her. But once again another person saying someone is guilty without knowing all the facts. gotta love the U.S guilty until proven innocent.

Reaction Score
Thanks...Your liberal views on pot obviously differ from mine. Maybe you will grow up some day and realize that weed is not something you will be proud of. Let's hope you don't tell your kids it's ok to smoke for the sake of our society.

Honest question, how old are you?

I'm a registered Republican and I have zero problem with marijuana. It's just not a big deal and it's not harmful.

Reaction Score

Now - can we focus on the real part of this thread? He got arrested a day before the game for pushing his girlfriend and spitting in her face. Your thoughts on that?

Do you ever drink alcohol? Because if you do then I don't see how you can think weed is this evil thing. Both do basically the same thing and weed is actually safer for you. I personally don't smoke and as my avatar indicates, I love whiskey. Weed has been decriminilized in CT so I don't see what the big deal is. If he got a ticket for jaywalking would you be up in arms?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clemson announced 2 positive drug tests from 800+ athletes.

You can take one of two things from that: 1. Athletes never take drugs or 2. Drug tests are a sham.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If UConn was in the SEC, Cody Endres would have never been tossed from the team. Drug tests are a sham.

Reaction Score
If UConn was in the SEC, Cody Endres would have never been tossed from the team. Drug tests are a sham.

Apparently his reputation is being overlooked because he plays football for UConn. One arrest for drugs (you can debate all you want - I won't change my mind) and then another arrest for pushing his girlfriend and spitting in her face. I'm not naive, I know kids will be kids. But you would think after an arrest (no matter how minor in your eyes) would change the kids perspective. Apparently not. Still trying to find everyones opinion on what happened on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Reaction Score
Do you ever drink alcohol? Because if you do then I don't see how you can think weed is this evil thing. Both do basically the same thing and weed is actually safer for you. I personally don't smoke and as my avatar indicates, I love whiskey. Weed has been decriminilized in CT so I don't see what the big deal is. If he got a ticket for jaywalking would you be up in arms?

A ticket and an arrest are 2 different things.

Reaction Score
Honest question, how old are you?

I'm a registered Republican and I have zero problem with marijuana. It's just not a big deal and it's not harmful.

27 - I disagree that it isn't a big deal. It has to do with how our society operates and our society right now portrays things that I don't agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom