May recruiting thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alexander, Robinson

The USABJNT Twitter has a short video scanning a picture of the participants. I can't link it but after watching it several times, the Big O isn't in there. And I can't see Fisher either.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The USABJNT Twitter has a short video scanning a picture of the participants. I can't link it but after watching it several times, the Big O isn't in there. And I can't see Fisher either.

I believe Fisher is 2nd row, next to #40 with Lauren Hassell on her other side. Her number is obscured.

I don't see Vukosa either.

Reaction Score
I believe Fisher is 2nd row, next to #40 with Lauren Hassell on her other side. Her number is obscured.

Yes, I see her now. I was expecting the multi-colored hair from the last video I saw.

Reaction Score
Interesting list, especially no Baylor (Mom's alma mater) for Justice. As far as I know, she has only taken unofficial visits to two of her finalists -- Texas and LSU. So, including Arizona, UConn, and South Carolina in her Top 5 without having visited them (I think) is a win for those schools.
Not really, she probably will end up at either of the ones she has already taken a visit to. Why not add top programs to your list of five just for fluff. They all want her but if I knew I was going to Texas and wanted to put out a top five, the other four would be the who’s who. Doesn’t have the feel of someone who is picking UConn, but hey anything’s possible. Her game looks kinda similar to Ice. Ice looks better though. We will take her but dont really need her. We want Strong.

Reaction Score

Twitch

I have a feeling that Olivia Vukosa has a left knee injury. I looked at last weekend's matches in Dallas, where the EYBL session II was being held for her. I wanted to see for the final, but it's not easy to find my way around, as the videos are all fragmented by just a few minutes. I did, however, find the semi-final, which I've attached, the game starts at 9:11:25 and she's not in the starting line-up, at 9:15:40 first time-out, we see her with a taping on her left knee, without her basketball shoes. The first attachment is a tweet from Philly Rise celebrating last weekend's U16 and U17 tournament wins, where we see her with the taping on her left knee. This means that if she can't play at selection camp, she won't make the team. This happened last year with KK Arnold (concussion) and Olivia Olson (ankle) at last year's U17 selection.

Translated with DeepL

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
For those wondering about Vukosa. Doesn’t mention an injury.

NOTE: There were 30 BlueStar30s invited to the trials with Sanai Green (VA), Keeley Parks (OK) and Olivia Vukosa (NY) last minute subtractions.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just did a little digging.

Followed by Coach Valley on Instagram: Andrews, Bjorn, Douglas, Edwards, Garcia and Jones.

Excellent. Have trouble getting those follows without an IG account.

Jones is elite. Andrews & Edwards appear to be elite.

Douglas appears to be elite and very, very young.

Bjorn getting lots of accolades in these trials.

Garcia's a new name to me.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's Mike Flynn's take on the U16 trials:

The top four players here Jerzy Robinson, Oliviyah Edwards, Jacy Abii and Trinity Jones are without question will be the core of this team now and next year when they compete for the U17 FIBA Worlds July 13-21 next year in Mexico.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another Flynn take on the U16. He was impressed with Kelis Fisher, mentioning her twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom