Maryland coach charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
road games, do they share hotel rooms?

Reaction Score
This actually got me thinking - there are numerous instances with a married couple working as coach and assistant coach - Jen at Hartford for example. (Not sure I can think of a single one with the HC being the male.) While no one seems to have a problem with that, it does create an interesting situation for any other assistant coaches who could claim an unfair work environment if they were disciplined unequally for similar behavior to the spouse
Mercury coach Sandy Brondello coaches together with her husband Olaf Lange for UMMC Ekaterinburg in Russia during the regular basketball season. Diana Taurasi and Candace Parker play on this team. He is the head coach and she is his assistant. They also coached together in the WNBA at San Antonio - he was Associate Head Coach and she was an assistant.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
But I can think of a couple. The Daugherty's at Washington State; I'm pretty sure Kristi Curry's husband. Actually there is a women's volleyball program coached by a man, his wife has some other title, but they effectively are really co-head coaches. Also, at BYU, which made the volleyball final 4 last year, there was a husband / wife where the man was HC - he just moved over to their men's program this year and his wife replaced him (and I can't think why I know that, but I read it somewhere).

In WBB, the name Martin Clapp comes to mind. This is a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure his wife was either an assistant or at the least co-head coach.

And yes, it is odd.

UC Davis head coach Jennifer Gross and asst. Joe Teramoto are married, as are Long Beach State head coach Jodi Wynn and asst coach Derek Wynn.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Maureen Magarity is the head coach of the New Hampshire women's team...husband Brendan is assistant coach.
Maureen is the daughter of Army coach Dave Magarity. BTW: I got to see Maureen play in high school in the NYS tourney
in Glens Falls....she was a good player....went to BC...transferred to Marist. I have seen a letter she received from our very own
Geno during her high school days indicating we had some level of interest in her. New Hampshire is on the up-tick with the leadership of Maureen and Brendan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom