Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Nie to see Alleyne hit the 3 pt shot and i loved the 2 charge fouls he drew. Newton triple double is the key player. Karaban seemed to hit all the big shots in the second half when we were sputtering. Everybody played well and our defense was good especially in the first half.

Reaction Score
This win alone will move us up a few spots in AP poll.

With Newton playing like this in last 3 games, our PG position solidified.

Gosh, Jordan has 4 20+ points games out of last 5.

Sanogo and Karaban steady force as ever.

Last but not the least, Alleyne is slowly showing out his game!

Hope this team is embarking on a journey that we are so accustomed to in last two natties!

Last edited:

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Let’s do that more often!
Like every time out for the rest of the season? That was a top 10 performance in every aspect.
Oh and Marquette had 7 total assists. Kolek can put up 20+ points, no problem, as long as he gets fewer than 5 assists. He had 4.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

It was coming in the air tonight.

Post in thread 'Marquette Haiku'
Marquette Haiku

And yes I still love this team. And I would have posted it in my original thread if it wasn’t locked.

And my new thread saying as much was deleted.

Maybe this one will stick.

Go huskies.

Thanks @temery

'I don't see any of your threads locked or deleted?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There were so many key things that fed this win
  1. Alleyne had his best game of the season, on D and on O
  2. Newton handled the pressure well, drove the ball, found open people (who hit the shots) and helped tremendously on the boards
  3. Karaban was his usual, unselfish, high BBIQ self, being in the right place and hitting shots.
  4. Sanogo wasn't a black hole, made some shots but also found open shooters, including that sweet dime to Alleyne on the back cut
  5. Jackson could play his game because of better player and ball movement, so his guy couldn't just track the ball and double. And he made some incredible plays on the boards.
  6. Getting them in a little early foul trouble in the 1st half helped. And we didn't foul much except the final 3 minutes of that 1st half.
  7. This was a 25 point win if Clingan didn't miss some of his bunnies and free throws. He'll get it, and when he does, wow.
  8. Hawkins. Just, Hawkins.

caw

Reaction Score
Alleyne needs some love, he was fantastic on both ends tonight. If this is what we get from him going forward, I am super happy. He's been pretty locked in defensively all year but he's starting to shoot better the past four games. 3-9 in the past three from three isn't stellar but it's an improvement and more notably he looks like he's not rushing his shot as much.

Reaction Score
POG - Tris-Newton! He did it all.
Glad to see him hitting his stride.
He's in RJ Cole mode.
Not the same player... but...
Taking over when we need them...
Cutting off passes, getting in front of defenders, rebounding....
People were wondering if Diarra should start ahead of him? LOL

Reaction Score
POG - Tris-Newton! He did it all.
Glad to see him hitting his stride.
He's in RJ Cole mode.
Not the same player... but...
Taking over when we need them...
Cutting off passes, getting in front of defenders, rebounding....
People were wondering if Diarra should start ahead of him? LOL
Yeah we didn't think Newton had it in the tank but obviously when he is aggressive and plays well we win. He is our only really effective driver on the team.

Reaction Score
5C56615A-BE95-43BF-AE2E-1639EB66AF58.jpeg

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
'I don't see any of your threads locked or deleted?
I posted I love this team back in December. A month later in January it was bumped asking if I still felt the same. I wasn’t able to respond because it was locked (probably because someone dug it back up). I posted a new thread to answer it, but that was deleted. This was about 2 weeks ago I’d say.

Reaction Score
Lots of great things to talk about tonight but my favorite is is that we’re playing free flowing offense again. We aren’t force feeding Sanogo and it’s allowing Newton and Hawkins to play GREAT offensively
Agreed. Free flowing offense is the key. Nothing was slow tonight. A couple late shot clocks but even those were in the flow of the offense.

caw

Reaction Score
Marquette started with Kolek sagging off Jackson and he did a great job of screening and cutting. It was a lot of off the ball stuff but it helped a ton. That and his defense was superb. Missed his one three but it was end of shot clock and in the offense, not a stepback. Overall this is how Jackson needs to play. I think he's got it now.

Reaction Score
Lots of great things to talk about tonight but my favorite is is that we’re playing free flowing offense again. We aren’t force feeding Sanogo and it’s allowing Newton and Hawkins to play GREAT offensively
And Sanogo is still getting his. Thought Sanogo's mindset (less forces, moving the ball quicker), handling the ball, and passing were all really good tonight.

Reaction Score
When we have someone getting to the rim, Newton. Hawk doing his thing. And Sanogo. We are hard to defend. AJ can get on offensive boards. Karaban gets open looks.

What's up with Sampson? Not many available minutes for him.

Reaction Score
And Sanogo is still getting his. Thought Sanogo's mindset (less forces, moving the ball quicker), handling the ball, and passing were all really good tonight.
For sure. It seemed like a quiet game until I checked the box and saw he had 18.

Newton had 12 of our 20 assists, but Sanogo was #2 on the team with 3. He was even dribbling at the end of the game, can’t say I want him to do that often but it mostly looked good tonight lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom