Lynx-Fever Game 3: on now on ESPN2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lynx-Fever Game 3: on now on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great game, great ending, great 4th quarter, lots of tense athletic drama.

Had Minnesota not won, one can only imagine how much Coach Reeve would have been complaining about how the officials treated Maya.
Reeve would not have gotten or deserved any sympathy. Maya took some uncharacteristically silly risks and correctly got called for fouls IMO.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You can't be much of a bballnut and not root for UCONN players. I 'm struck by your use of "too clean cut" in reference to Maya. Is there counter example to clean cut?

Maybe Cappy?

Reaction Score
I rarely root for UCONN players, but Moore is just too entertaining and too clean cut not to like.

I don't watch the WNBA in general except only to watch UConn players. :)

Reaction Score
Reeve would not have gotten or deserved any sympathy. Maya took some uncharacteristically silly risks and correctly got called for fouls IMO.

Agreed. Something about which Ms Moore has driven me nuts for the past 8 years trying to make every play.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
You can't be much of a bballnut and not root for UCONN players. I 'm struck by your use of "too clean cut" in reference to Maya. Is there counter example to clean cut?

Clean cut may be poorly worded, but Diana, Candace, Angel, Charles, Griner, Fowles, Holdsclaw, Cash, Leslie, many others....nothing against any of these players, but Maya never has off the court issues, doesn't get in feuds with others, carries herself with a lot of humility, is well spoken and always says the right thing. Delle Donne and Catchings are the only elite players I can think of off the top of my head who fall into this category, but I've noticed even Catch spends a lot of time complaining to the refs, and Delle Donne hasn't ever been on a title contending team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Clean cut may be poorly worded, but Diana, Candace, Angel, Charles, Griner, Fowles, Holdsclaw, Cash, Leslie, many others....nothing against any of these players, but Maya never has off the court issues, doesn't get in feuds with others, carries herself with a lot of humility, is well spoken and always says the right thing. Delle Donne and Catchings are the only elite players I can think of off the top of my head who fall into this category, but I've noticed even Catch spends a lot of time complaining to the refs, and Delle Donne hasn't ever been on a title contending team.
I have no issues with your descriptions, I agree for the most part. Forgive my sensitivity and the original reaction but I have seen those same words "clean cut" use as code words in a more vicious manner & this was clearly not what you intended.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What was more impressive than the shot itself is that Maya had the presence to know take she could head fake, take one dribble, and still get a shot off with .3 seconds remaining.

She also had to work really hard to get the ball. That was just a big time play all the way around. I didn't get to see the game but as long as Maya is around Minnesota is the favorite in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom