Lynx-Fever Game 3: on now on ESPN2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lynx-Fever Game 3: on now on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Lynx take a 2-1 lead in the series. Even if the Fever take Game Four, the deciding Game Five would be in Minnesota.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Great shot, great result. But, oh my, does Minnesota still have room to improve. Matador defense (first half), bad shot selection (whole game), and sketchy free thowing. The Lynx -appear- to be in good shape with a 2-1 games lead, but I would like to see them play as well as they often have in the past.

Simone can't get the ball, and can't get it in the basket when she does (these things could be related). But she could eventually be a big difference on offense if she gets it going. Dev Peters hit some nice shots tonight, but over the last three games, she has taken too many quick shots and deep shots. Whalen is playing bravely, but clearly isn't physically 100%. Cruz is doing some good things - about half of her minutes. But the other half... Whoa.

I could be wrong in all of my observations, but regardless, Minnesota just looks and plays a little out of sync.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Speak about forgotten players...how about Rene Montgomery all of 28 years old
Let' s see if I get this right: Lynx to the Sun to the Storm to the Lynx, deeper and deeper on the bench...but with Lindsey Whalen looking injured and off form, Rene steps up, makes big shots and keeps thing together until:

Ms. Maya with her absolutely Jordanesque bucket with something like .01 on the clock.
I mean...give me a break.

Reaction Score
Maybe Maya can have another WNBA Championship title under her belt then show up at First Night... Instead of Disney World she could go to Storrs.. that would impress Cox

Reaction Score
Speak about forgotten players...how about Rene Montgomery all of 28 years old
Let' s see if I get this right: Lynx to the Sun to the Storm to the Lynx, deeper and deeper on the bench...but with Lindsey Whalen looking injured and off form, Rene steps up, makes big shots and keeps thing together until:

Ms. Maya with her absolutely Jordanesque bucket with something like .01 on the clock.
I mean...give me a break.
I agree. Without Renee Montgomery, the Lynx don't win this game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I rarely root for UCONN players, but Moore is just too entertaining and too clean cut not to like. That shot was very Jordan-esque, and she had a pretty epic game. IMO, she's the best pure talent UCONN has ever produced, her athleticism, all around game, and ability to hit clutch shots make her an impossible match up. Her humble nature is also refreshing and something you don't see with some other top tier players.

I think Indiana is the most mentally tough team in the league and plays with a ton of grit so don't count them out, but Minnesota is in a good spot thanks in large part to their UCONN grads

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I rarely root for UCONN players, but Moore is just too entertaining and too clean cut not to like. That shot was very Jordan-esque, and she had a pretty epic game. IMO, she's the best pure talent UCONN has ever produced, her athleticism, all around game, and ability to hit clutch shots make her an impossible match up. Her humble nature is also refreshing and something you don't see with some other top tier players.

I think Indiana is the most mentally tough team in the league and plays with a ton of grit so don't count them out, but Minnesota is in a good spot thanks in large part to their UCONN grads
thanks... stick around

Reaction Score
What was more impressive than the shot itself is that Maya had the presence to know take she could head fake, take one dribble, and still get a shot off with .3 seconds remaining.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
And from left field, may I say that I don't believe Asjha only qualifies as a bench-sitter.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And from left field, may I say that I don't believe Asjha only qualifies as a bench-sitter.
Jones motor isnt well-oiled these days, yeah she's a former UConn player but they do lose some stuff as the get older.

these are the Finals not the pre-season

BTW Kalana Greene isnt even getting playing time and she's a few years younger.

lets applaud Maya.... and RENEE

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

You can't be much of a bballnut and not root for UCONN players. I 'm struck by your use of "too clean cut" in reference to Maya. Is there counter example to clean cut?

Reaction Score
Great game, great ending, great 4th quarter, lots of tense athletic drama.

Had Minnesota not won, one can only imagine how much Coach Reeve would have been complaining about how the officials treated Maya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom