Low Point | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Low Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Neither of them said "I told you so." It's that simple.

If you are going to rag on another poster for something they said way back when, then you have better have said the opposite. Otherwise you are either a hypocrite (if you agreed with the earlier comment) or a jerk (making driveby posts just to slam other posters).

All Serrano does is driveby's.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It was actually @champs99and04 who had the best January 2nd foresight. I'll just leave this here.

Some good points, OK4. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Tuesday's loss wasn't discouraging, but at the same time, it wasn't completely unexpected. As I've said countless times on this board, fans direct a disproportionate amount of their energy on the W or the L, and not the quality of the performance. This team has demonstrated many, many times over the last couple of years that the quality of their performance is very much contingent on the quality of their opponent. If you had told me Tuesday afternoon we were going to lose to Houston, I wouldn't have been shocked. We've had our hands full with bad teams on several occasions the last two years - people forget the Quinnipiac and South Florida games from a year ago because we won. And if Michigan State and Syracuse would have hit a few more shots, people would have forgotten about those great performances, too. The only difference between the Quinnipiac and Houston games was that Houston played a little bit better, got a couple more bounces, and made a couple more shots. So I ask: how big of a sample size do we need before we just accept that this team is what it is? It's not going to distance itself from bad teams, because it has an abundance of mid-major/raw talent in the post and its highly dependent on the three ball. That's not to say they didn't play like the other night, because they did. The difference being, when Kentucky and Syracuse play like , they win, because they're able to generate enough easy baskets to simply out-talent their opponents on nights where their shot isn't falling. This team doesn't have that luxury, so agonizing, nail-biting type games against the Houston's and Boston College's of the world become the norm.
But we all know things aren't nearly as bleak as they looked Tuesday. This afternoon, I was looking at ESPN's most recent edition of "bracketology", and I was saying to myself, "Why the hell can't we make the final four with that draw?" We'd play Boise State or Tennessee in the round of 64, a similarly composed Villanova team in the round of 32, and then Michigan State and Syracuse - who we beat last season - in our own barn at MSG to get to the final four.

That's just college basketball. There are about ten teams that are really good, and then there are a ton of other teams who can beat anybody but also struggle to distinguish themselves against bad teams. What makes college basketball great is also what makes it frustrating.

Of course, there's a possibility that Boatright, Calhoun, and Daniels all mange to put it together by the end of the season and begin performing at a high level on a consistent basis. But that seems unlikely. Right now, this team is what they are - a solid defensive team with one of the best players in the country and a hit-or-miss supporting cast. If that supporting cast hits, we could be dancing all the way to the final weekend. If it misses, things could go really badly. The sooner people on this board come to grips with this reality, the sooner we can stop questioning our players character after every loss and questioning Kevin Ollie.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Somebody needs to talk me down. I was changing channels and saw the old Tonight Show clip with Ed Ames throwing a tomahawk at the chalk outline's testiculos.

Ames. Ax to the nuts.

Bad mojo.

Help!
Does this help?

Everything's on Reddit nowadays

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Give it up troll. You got a large portion of this board calling you a d*, which in your case is easy for you to do. You don't post as a fan, you post as a know it all in search for internet glory and you fail miserably at it.
Nailed it.

Reaction Score
Some people (me) avoided the board. After a loss, this board is insufferable. Perspective: UConn has a WTF loss every year or so, and they turn up all right. The people making it more than it was (and it was a supremely disappointing loss) were myopic and predictable.

Reaction Score
You can't say "I told you so" unless you actually told us so. Got a link where you "told us so"?
Looks more like a poster simply going back to remember how bad it was, to make the current success feel even better.

Reaction Score
If you are going to rag on another poster for something they said way back when, then you have better have said the opposite. Otherwise you are either a hypocrite (if you agreed with the earlier comment) or a jerk (making driveby posts just to slam other posters).

All Serrano does is driveby's.
oh hell yes I will tell people to look at my response. look at my original response to this post where I call all of you folks out. While you're at it why don't you pull up the post in the same period, one word to describe this team. Lets see what most of you "fans" wrote versus me. Many of you guys are the most disloyal spoiled brats.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Re read the thread. Colorado fan needs to cool it. Pretty much everyone in the thread was saying the same thing, and the loss to Houston definitely was the low point of the season. Is this what you really want to post about today?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yes. You are not the only one around here to turn ugly after a UCONN loss. But you started a thread and were extreme. Just apologize and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom