Low Point | The Boneyard

Low Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a new undiscovered low point for the program. No longer reliant on Big East creds we throw away games to 2 unranked programs. Looks like serious lack of experience in team preparation before games and lack of experience in team gel and cohesiveness. we did not have the rope to throw these away. Maybe this is new normal.

Reaction Score
This is a new undiscovered low point for the program. No longer reliant on Big East creds we throw away games to 2 unranked programs. Looks like serious lack of experience in team preparation before games and lack of experience in team gel and cohesiveness. we did not have the rope to throw these away. Maybe this is new normal.

Not sure what you're talking about Dad? You cocked?

Reaction Score
Welcome to life as an average team in a mid-major conference....Coach Ollie will have to work very hard to motivate these guys as this was a very disinterested group of players.

Reaction Score
Its just BS because it gives the haters fuel to talk. This loss is 100% on UConn. You cant blame the conference or who we played. If we played as good in the first half its an easy win

Reaction Score
We've been a victim of circumstance on our two losses. I see us beating this team by 20 at home not in the midst of playing 4 games in 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
The main point was if we want to stay in national picture we can't dump games like this.

Reaction Score
The main point was if we want to stay in national picture we can't dump games like this.

This year and beyond. And this year, being the first in the post-conference-realignment era, is the most important by far.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget Houston played completely out of their respective a**es in the first half……..it happens and most of it was because of a less passionate Husky team I agree, but they made shots they won't make the rest of the year. Having said that this happens when you're UCONN going in to a new conference members building and if they don't match the first half intensity they will be a bubble team….this includes Bazz! Can't be the 2nd half only and he is the leader after all!

Reaction Score
Our goal as a program has to be to dominate this league and get the he!! out. Not to wander through and play aimlessly and with no interest or intensity. The players have to man-up and not always rely on a coach to kick their @ss at halftime to get anything out of them.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
23 minutes of the game sucked and we're all in pain (except a few posters who, I suspect, enjoy a loss more than a victory). But a new low in UCONN basketball history? A disinterested group of players?

Either you have very short memories or you just became UCONN fans after the 2011-2012 season

Reaction Score
I have watched our team over the years lose some stupid blow outs. They sucked it up, buckled down and made an awesome comeback in the second half. I'm pissed they lost too, but this is not a low point. Think how this board, and the trolls, and Jeff Goodman had responded had we played the second half like the first and lost by 30+ points. All teams lose games. Even the mighty Huskies

Reaction Score
Let's not forget Houston played completely out of their respective a**es in the first half……..it happens and most of it was because of a less passionate Husky team I agree, but they made shots they won't make the rest of the year. Having said that this happens when you're UCONN going in to a new conference members building and if they don't match the first half intensity they will be a bubble team….this includes Bazz! Can't be the 2nd half only and he is the leader after all!

Most opponents will be playing similarly. The target on our backs is huge and other teams salivate seeing us on the schedule. We are a season maker, tourney maker and certainly RPI booster. I really wonder if they know that we aren't going to walk on the court and the opponent's mouth is going to drop down in awe.

Reaction Score
I have watched our team over the years lose some stupid blow outs. They sucked it up, buckled down and made an awesome comeback in the second half. I'm pissed they lost too, but this is not a low point. Think how this board, and the trolls, and Jeff Goodman had responded had we played the second half like the first and lost by 30+ points. All teams lose games. Even the mighty Huskies

Hope you are right.

Reaction Score
Losing in the first round of the NIT was the low point in recent history. Too soon to tell if this season will be another low but I doubt it very much.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am concerned that the OP is right. I was at a party so I didn't realize Houston was missing 3 starters until reading this board this morning. Houston is a terrible team that was ranked in the 200's prior to last night. I can't remember the last loss to a team this bad. The scariest part is I thought the team was playing pretty hard. uconn may just be an average or worse team.

Reaction Score
I am going to wait to pass judgement until we play Memphis and Louisville (both looked tough yesterday). But unless KO can figure out something to toughen up our interior players I suspect were are doomed. Maybe we need a Roscoe black eye moment. When Tyler is your best big you are probably not going to be a great team.

Reaction Score
I am going to wait to pass judgement until we play Memphis and Louisville (both looked tough yesterday). But unless KO can figure out something to toughen up our interior players I suspect were are doomed. Maybe we need a Roscoe black eye moment. When Tyler is your best big you are probably not going to be a great team.
Its simple. A good team never loses that game. For fun, go through the top 25 and objectively ask yourself what team would lose that game? From coaching on down to our bench, this team has been a deer in headlights for almost a month now. Simply embarrassing. So many of us, me included, go crazy on the media when they suggest something negative about this team, the program, or where the athletic program stands in realignment. If anything, the last month has forced me to second guess if maybe the media is right. Last night looked bad in so many ways, in ways far beyond a terrible shot by Omar or a lackluster performance by Deandre. You can choose to pass judgement when you want but the fact is the sports world has already started.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The bi-polar nature of the boneyard is making me dizzy. I don't understand the people who had them pencilled in for the Final Four 2 weeks ago and now are embarrassed by the team. But I do know both of those things tell me more about you than about this team.
I also don't get the "we're doomed crowd" who figure KO can't coach and lacking E. Wolf we are doomed to mediocrity forever.

This is a good team that is very flawed. If DD plays like he did in the tournament last year and TO and OC play like they did last year, we are a very good team but still have a serious weakness. Shabazz being brilliant and a lot of hustle compensate for that. Neither was evident in the first half last night.
Not NIT not Final Four. This team should aspire to the sweet 16. Last night was a setback not a determiner of that journey.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I am concerned that the OP is right. I was at a party so I didn't realize Houston was missing 3 starters until reading this board this morning. Houston is a terrible team that was ranked in the 200's prior to last night. I can't remember the last loss to a team this bad.

St. Bonaventure?

Reaction Score
KO needs to polish-up the hook, more pre-game / scouting prep is in order, and HD has a point about the amount of rope allocated. Perhaps a pre-game dose of energy drinks?

Reaction Score
I am concerned that the OP is right. I was at a party so I didn't realize Houston was missing 3 starters until reading this board this morning. Houston is a terrible team that was ranked in the 200's prior to last night. I can't remember the last loss to a team this bad. The scariest part is I thought the team was playing pretty hard. uconn may just be an average or worse team.
Well, one "last loss to a team this bad" may have been our loss to St. Bonnies a number of years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom