Louisville thanks new recruits with billboards | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville thanks new recruits with billboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My sources tell me that UConn considered billboards but used the money to build a basketball training center instead.

Reaction Score
Walz addressed the billboards in the post-game presser yesterday. They are electronic billboards and not that expensive to have an image up there for a couple of days.

“Yeah, it is just something that I talked to my staff about, talked to my marketing people about; it is something that I wanted to do. You know it’s not all that expensive, which people don’t understand. You get them on a digital billboard; you are not paying an expense of having the billboard printed. It is a PDF file - it is real simple and the great thing about them is that you can dictate when you want them up. It’s real easy. So, it is very inexpensive way to say a big thank you because our kids loved it, just saying thanks with their picture up in their uniform, and like you said, it gets out there on the internet on a national stage. Sometimes when it comes to recruiting, you try to think outside the box and we had signed them already, so it wasn’t anything we were doing to try and get kids, it was just a simple way to say thanks and I think they all really appreciated it.”

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I've said it before, but I like Walz and kind of appreciate that he does a lot for women's basketball. A billboard is a great way to recognize those kids, get people talking. Maybe someone will see it and tune in to a Louisville game next year to see a hometown kid. We're UConn fans and have a different mentality, but I think it's great that someone is thinking outside the box and promoting women's bball at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom