Louisville thanks new recruits with billboards | The Boneyard

Louisville thanks new recruits with billboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
in their hometown.

Remember there was discussion a couple of years ago after Walz put up a L'ville wbb billboard in Mercedes Russel's hometown while recruiting her. Walz, obviously a fan of billboards, has put up personal billboards in the hometowns of each of his 5 new recruits thanking them for signing with Louisville. The billboards will stay up until midnight tonight. Maybe Geno can send his recruits a miniature billboard.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/high...h-louisville--get-a-billboard--204044537.html

Reaction Score
Billboard plus sound thrashing in Final Four or NCAA Women's Basketball Championship Trophy - your choice.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'd be embarrassed if my team did something like this. Louisville must have too much money in its athletic department if it condones spending on billboards to say thank you to women's basketball recruits. Talk about excesses in college sports. Walz is like a used car salesman.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'd be embarrassed if my team did something like this. Louisville must have too much money in its athletic department if it condones spending on billboards to say thank you to women's basketball recruits. Talk about excesses in college sports. Walz is like a used car salesman.
This is going to set a very bad precedent for certain coaches.... (Think Coach P.) :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is going to set a very bad precedent for certain coaches.... (Think Coach P.) :rolleyes:

Louisville generates alot more revenue in terms of athletics than Duke does...... Perhaps the coaches at Ohio State and Texas are pondering billboards in the future.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Might swell the kids' heads... when they visit home.. . OR it might remind the locals where there kids are playing and build attendance/encourage local papers to write stories. That's good for wbb.

Reaction Score
in their hometown.

Remember there was discussion a couple of years ago after Walz put up a L'ville wbb billboard in Mercedes Russel's hometown while recruiting her. Walz, obviously a fan of billboards, has put up personal billboards in the hometowns of each of his 5 new recruits thanking them for signing with Louisville. The billboards will stay up until midnight tonight. Maybe Geno can send his recruits a miniature billboard.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/high...h-louisville--get-a-billboard--204044537.html

Reaction Score
Have it on good intel that when Geno visits new recruits he seeks out the regions most notable restaurants, thereby spreading goodwill and supporting local economies. Billboards are for ambulance chasers and other bottom-feeders!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Won't be long before we read Louisville thanks new recruits by giving them BMWs.

Reaction Score
in their hometown.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/sign-with-louisville--get-a-billboard--204044537.html

This is cheesey and reeks of sleezey at best. They must have a doner that owns a nationl billboard company. These do not come cheep. It is a gotta have a gimmick world, I get that but this is Barnum & Baily.
Having said that I am glad and also proud that The University of Connecticut thanks their recruits by giving them the privelege of wearing a uniform thats says UCONN across the front.

Reaction Score
Won't be long before we read Louisville thanks new recruits by giving them BMWs.
Yeah, probably. It will be part of the new signing bonus allowed under the new P5 pay-for-play rules. ;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeesh. Its a little better than jamming pink flamingoes into a recruits lawn, tho.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think they decided too wait until a player signs a LOI. Instead of posting a billboard trying too get a recruit LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom