Louisville fan here... | The Boneyard

Louisville fan here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and say good luck the rest of the season. I've always had respect for your program and feel like we've played some of the best games in the BE in recent years. The 2011 champ game was a Great basketball game, even though we lost. I'll miss our games if you all don't find a back door into the ACC. I'd personally love to see you all there!

While watching our game the other night I couldn't help but wonder how different that game is if you all still had Oriakhi (sp?) chane and gorgui wouldn't have been able to push him around on the block for those rebounds. Shame he bailed on you.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season, I'll be rooting for ya!

Reaction Score
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and say good luck the rest of the season. I've always had respect for your program and feel like we've played some of the best games in the BE in recent years. The 2011 champ game was a Great basketball game, even though we lost. I'll miss our games if you all don't find a back door into the ACC. I'd personally love to see you all there!

While watching our game the other night I couldn't help but wonder how different that game is if you all still had Oriakhi (sp?) chane and gorgui wouldn't have been able to push him around on the block for those rebounds. Shame he bailed on you.

Thanks! Your comments about our collective history are right on. As for the future, I have mixed feelings about the ACC because, given the academic strength of our university and the history and reputation of our men's basketball program, they treated us like junkyard dogs. If it weren't for football(which I could care less about), I'd be all for sticking with all of the "Catholic" schools who will add some additional programs and be a great hoops league.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE PANTHERS!!!

caw

Reaction Score
Hey everyone,

F Oriakhi, now if there were no NCAAT ban, Drummond would have been nice.

Reaction Score
How dare you make it hard for us to hate you!

Heh, sorry about that. The only program I hate is UK (who doesn't) everyone else I just enjoy good games. It's why I love Marquette because our games with them have been epic over the years.

Though on second thought, I hate WVU also...

Reaction Score
I still don't like Siva! :) but welcome and thanks for stopping by.

Reaction Score
Just so you know, UConn fans aren't lamenting Oriakhi's departure, though you're right about Ville's bigs doing what they wanted.

You didn't like him when he was there? I didn't know that. I felt like he always played well against us, though I didn't get to see most of his other games.

Reaction Score
You didn't like him when he was there? I didn't know that. I felt like he always played well against us, though I didn't get to see most of his other games.

He had some great games. Showed little respect for Coach Calhoun. Put it this way, the team is playing like a team this year.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He had some great games. Showed little respect for Coach Calhoun. Put it this way, the team is playing like a team this year.

Nothing looked worse on a Husky team than seeing AO last year whining and making gestures when things didn't go his way. Some real ugly moments.

Thanks for stopping by FeydJM.

Reaction Score
It's not that we didn't like Oriakhi when he was here. He helped UConn win it's 3rd national championship and generally was a good player (except for his terrible hands!). His last year here he moped around and didn't have the best attitude. Drummond took playing time away from him and he was not happy about that. And then he and his father trashed UConn and Calhoun on the way out the door when Calhoun was just playing his best players and Oriakhi didn't have a very good junior year. His father still trashes UConn on twitter any chance he gets. That attitude is why UConn fans are still not too happy with Oriakhi.

Reaction Score
I didn't like him when he was here but who cares. Gorgui would have had 30 rebounds if Alex was here and Alex's father would've boxed out UConn players for him......

Anyway congrats on the W, nice team at the Ville and they are pretty likable actually despite their departure to the ACC.......best of luck the rest of the way!!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Over the 20+ years that UConn hoops has been good, I'm at a loss to think of another player who just killed UConn the way Siva did. Sometimes I think if Siva had only played UConn in his career he would've been a lottery pick two years ago.

Reaction Score
Over the 20+ years that UConn hoops has been good, I'm at a loss to think of another player who just killed UConn the way Siva did. Sometimes I think if Siva had only played UConn in his career he would've been a lottery pick two years ago.

Kittles

Reaction Score
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the classy post and welcome to the 'Yard!

You guys have a great squad this year, and since we won't be in the tourney, I'll be rootin' for the ville to win it all.

Just wish we had another shot at ya ;)

Reaction Score
Steve Novak dropped 40 on us at the civic center, we couldn't stop him from raining 3's on us...

Reaction Score
Thanks for the classy post and welcome to the 'Yard!

You guys have a great squad this year, and since we won't be in the tourney, I'll be rootin' for the ville to win it all.

Just wish we had another shot at ya ;)

We will have another shot next year. Their not leaving this year. They have 1 more season after this. For all you know they could be #1 again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom