lots of tickets available on the secondary market... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

lots of tickets available on the secondary market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Lower bowl, Row 1 for $300 ea. I'm assuming they were UVa seats since they are very close to the MSU Bench. Endline Riser seats just went below $200 on Stubhub.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Got 2 in section 223 a few days ago. Couldn't be more fired up!

Reaction Score
I'm there +2...got tickets in section 304 for $240 a piece earlier this afternoon. I probably could have waited later and got them cheaper but I don't have to worry about the hassle now

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Guys I have an issue. The last 3 games I have ordered the same number of wings (for pick-up), had the same beverages, and sat in the exact same seat with the same exact clothes on.

Do I risk this and buy a ticket for tomorrow?

Reaction Score
I bought my tickets before the UVA game too. If UVA would have won, tomorrow's game would be yet another crazy market. They are are having their dream season, have lots of alumni in NYC, and were the biggest driving force behind yesterday's insane prices (despite all the articles giving all the credit to UConn fans). With UVA out we are now seeing demand plummet.

Jeez, really? Let's try to keep that on the down-low.

If the ACC feels like they can carry the NYC market with the likes of Duke and Virginia, they'll be a hell of a lot less interested in adding us.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Guys I have an issue. The last 3 games I have ordered the same number of wings (for pick-up), had the same beverages, and sat in the exact same seat with the same exact clothes on.

Unless you are one of those unlucky charm people, MOJO respects attendance above all else.

Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
Jeez, really? Let's try to keep that on the down-low. If the ACC feels like they can carry the NYC market with the likes of Duke and Virginia, they'll be a hell of a lot less interested in adding us.

This is how elite 8s work. Two teams lost and thousands of their fans are dumping tickets. Uconn by far had the most fans last night, but ticket prices always go down for the elite 8. Uconn will have many more fans tomorrow, count on it.

Reaction Score
Jeez, really? Let's try to keep that on the down-low.

If the ACC feels like they can carry the NYC market with the likes of Duke and Virginia, they'll be a hell of a lot less interested in adding us.

We are all hearing conflicting reports. Media is saying that the UCONN advantage was huge. KO and the team are all raving about the home court advantage. ISU players said that it felt like a road game and that they had difficulty running plays because they couldn't hear each other. But a few Boneyarders have said that it wasn't as big of an advantage. I think maybe people were expecting like 80% UCONN which was impossible.

ESPN anchor during Sportscenter said there were 15k UCONN fans which is obviously incorrect but I love the storyline. ISU news media was saying there were approximately 8k UCONN fans.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I got stuck at the Book of Mormon on Friday, DVR'd the game, had to sit next to a guy watching it on his phone without hearing or seeing anything (stressfully successful), watched it at 6am this morning. Sometimes you just have to move forward and let it ride.

Reaction Score
I think tickets end up going down to somewhere around $120 tomorrow morning. People dont want to be stuck with the tickets and no money. I would get on the stubhub app and sit outside the pickup location near MSG and buy right before gametime. I bet good deals can be had.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We are all hearing conflicting reports. Media is saying that the UCONN advantage was huge. KO and the team are all raving about the home court advantage. ISU players said that it felt like a road game and that they had difficulty running plays because they couldn't hear each other. But a few Boneyarders have said that it wasn't as big of an advantage. I think maybe people were expecting like 80% UCONN which was impossible.

ESPN anchor during Sportscenter said there were 15k UCONN fans which is obviously incorrect but I love the storyline. ISU news media was saying there were approximately 8k UCONN fans.
I was at the game and as I posted previously, I'd estimate 50% were UCONN and 2/3 of them were quiet. We were not loud enough to disrupt plays. Sounds like the ISU players are making excuses for losing. It was their awful shooting (at least until it became layup city). Our crowd needs to step up the intensity tomorrow to make MSU blame the crowd and have it be true.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the game and as I posted previously, I'd estimate 50% were UCONN and 2/3 of them were quiet. We were not load enough to disrupt plays. Sounds like the ISU players are making excuses for losing. It was their awful shooting (at least until it became layup city). Our crowd needs to step up the intensity tomorrow to make MSU blame the crowd and have it be true.

I was also there and agree 100%. Our fans were there but weren't a cohesive advantage.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
With the notable exception of one upper section (I think 208?) our fans were louder on the escalators stairs and at the gate than in the game. I did my part and yelled until i was hoarse from 306.

Numerically, I think we had it over all the other schools.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Early in our game and then at times very late we were loud, obviously louder than any other fanbase (at least this is how it appeared on TV). The character of the game itself (compared to UVA-MSU) and that we possibly weren't as loud person for person may have played a role in it not having the effect that some expected. There was a stretch when ISU fans were cheering for anything (I doubt that our fan base would ever do that but there are times when it would be nice) but it was obvious that there wasn't the depth in volume that we had.

It would not surprise me if half the crowd was UConn fans with the other half being split (not equally of course) among the other fan bases along with non affiliated fans. I will say that the loudest we've ever been in the Garden for a non tournament game (that I was in attendance) was against St John's in 1999. We had 2/3 of the crowd and when we made our comeback it had thee atmosphere of a BE title game.

Reaction Score
Will likely look for 1-3 tickets in the morning. What sections are where the UConn season ticket holders are located? Ah never mind about the morning. Just got 3 in section 111!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ugh bought tickets for $300 after the UConn win when I saw UVA's contingent.

Oh well. An elite 8 in the garden is worth way more to me even if I could've paid less.

Was thinking the same thing -- bought $400 tickets during the last 30 seconds of the game last night, assuming prices would skyrocket with the UConn win.

Certainly wasn't expecting prices to plummet, but at this point, I couldn't care less, as cheering UConn on to the Final Four is priceless in my estimation (at least that's what I tell myself)...

Reaction Score
But a few Boneyarders have said that it wasn't as big of an advantage. I think maybe people were expecting like 80% UCONN which was impossible.

Those UConn fans were probably in the UConn section behind our bench with lots of other UConn people around. For those of us dispersed throughout the arena, it was fairly obvious that we had the largest contingent there. UVA was second. It seemed like they had more because MSU was so poorly represented in comparison.

Reaction Score
I have two tickets I'm trying to sell. What's my best option right now? Lose $100 per ticket and drop my asking price on stubhub or will there be any market for scalpers tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom