Looks like Diaco is gonna be REAL busy.... | The Boneyard

Looks like Diaco is gonna be REAL busy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
clearing out lockers after the game...... Let's see if he's a man of his word.

Reaction Score
Ashiru and Abrams leaving during the season...that looks bad. This season was a wash before this weekend but Diaco needs to do some serious damage control or he's gonna start losing the commits next. If that starts happening there goes UConn's future and Manuel may as well start looking for a new head coach asap. Got to play for the future now and still running 3 QB's isn't doing anybody any good.

Reaction Score
Diaco is smoke and mirrors. Heard Ollie's speeches and trying to jump on his bandwagon

Reaction Score
NHRJimFullerNov 23, 12:13am via Twitter for iPhone
UConn's Bob Diaco said "corrective" measures were needed so Matt Walsh wasn't I'm uniform but he's good to go starting tomorrow

NHRJimFullerNov 23, 12:20am via TweetDeck
#UConn coach Bob Diaco said that freshman Ryan Crozier has beaten out Gus Cruz for starting left guard spot

Getting the sense "level of effort" and "loss of motivation" comments earlier in the week weren't just coincidental...

Sounds like he's on the verge of losing the locker room to me!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gus Cruz has been a revolving door his entire career. That he's played this much is a stark comment on recruiting.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Weed out the losers. If Ashiru and Abrams can't hack it when the going gets tough, then get going. Anyone else who wants to quit: pack your fahqing bags. Judging by the sh1tshow we saw tonight, those two arent the only two quitters on this team.

Reaction Score
It's funny... Diaco's players absolutely loved him at ND... He comes to UConn and certain players are causing enough issues to warrant action. Sounds like a good ole fashioned culture change to me ... Personally I like it.

If that's what he's doing and its warranted I'm fine with it, but again, you only get one chance at this approach. If you do it consistently the team will lose faith in your leadership and no longer respond. Like I said earlier, he's walking a fine line with the locker room with this approach.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ashiru was a contributor. He got the pick against UCF that led to a TD. He also forced the fumble against Army. To my eyes, while not as flashy as Stewart he was much more of a playmaker.

I must be missing Stewart's flashiness. I can't believe a program that has had a ton of good to great linebackers has somehow left him on the field for multiple seasons.

Reaction Score
I must be missing Stewart's flashiness. I can't believe a program that has had a ton of good to great linebackers has somehow left him on the field for multiple seasons.
I've been saying for while Stewart is bad. Poor angles, can't disengage from blockers, not good in coverage, doesn't wrap on tackle attempts. Once in a while he will make a highlight reel hit and as such we get posters singing his praises. Not calling him out, but I had that discussion with bizlaw when he praised him in one of his game break downs. Ashiru on the other hand seemed to draw the coaches ire because he didn't hit hard enough at LB, and I'm basing that on comments made by Poindexter about how he wished he hit like Stewart. I liked Ashiru, but bottom line, none of today's linebackers would have seen the field on past teams.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been saying for while Stewart is bad. Poor angles, can't disengage from blockers, not good in coverage, doesn't wrap on tackle attempts. Once in a while he will make a highlight reel hit and as such we get posters singing his praises. Not calling him out, but I had that discussion with bizlaw when he praised him in one of his game break downs. Ashiru on the other hand seemed to draw the coaches ire because he didn't hit hard enough at LB, and I'm basing that on comments made by Poindexter about how he wished he hit like Stewart. I liked Ashiru, but bottom line, none of today's linebackers would have seen the field on past teams.

Yeah I remember that conversation. You've been kind to not point of the obvious.

When he transferred I hinted at the things I was hearing about him from people close to the situation. They proved correct.

Reaction Score
Ashiru was a contributor. He got the pick against UCF that led to a TD. He also forced the fumble against Army. To my eyes, while not as flashy as Stewart he was much more of a playmaker.
I always thought Stewart was flashy as in all show and no go. Great pull the chain move from the top of the pile as opposed to being in on the play as he should be. Ashiru was a much better player, too bad he left.

Reaction Score
I am going to defend Coach Diaco on this topic, and I have been a pretty vocal critic. There are two things, I have liked about his tenure thus far:

1. Recruiting: I see a clear plan on the type of recruits he wants. High character athletes. Raw in many cases, but with obvious extremely high ceilings. Frames that can fill out. Forget star ratings, there are some very good players in this class.

2. Locker Room Culture: His peace and love speeches need to go, but I also see his vision here. He wants high character players that play for each other and not for themselves. If that means we lose a lot of players because they won't buy in, I am fine with that.

What this team desperately needs though is several leaders among the players. Kids who will get in the face of teammates who put themselves above the team, or players that refuse to put in the efforts. I said in the game thread, I don't care if it is a 5th year senior or true freshman walk on.

If players don't want to play the right way, they are free to leave. And that includes some of the players last night who obviously mailed it in (watch the game again and check out some defensive players standing around, or offensive players who refused to fight for the football and has terrible body language),

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom