looking for small Abu update? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

looking for small Abu update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
They have the Big East name & better basketball teams at this point, if you don't know this by now, you have not been paying attention.

I am not a PC fan. I'm a UConn fan #1, but if you haven't noticed, a lot of bad things have been happening to UConn lately (APR issues, Post Season ban, ACC Decline) . If you think recruits are not paying attention, then I don't know where you've been looking. Until UConn solidifies their league, it's a big negative to UConn. I don't like it, but it's reality. You can keep hanging your head over years past, but Big Time recruits do not play in the past. They want to play in a top league today.

The Catholic League may have better teams from top to bottom, but PC is still on the bottom. UConn is the top of their league (unless they get an invite to the ACC/B1G - and then they are still near the top). Nobody may be getting excited for some of the UConn matchups but you have to kidding if you think even PC - Butler is going to draw an audience.

Two of the things you mentioned are things of the past for future recruits and have no bearing on their recruitment (APR issues, Post Season ban). The ACC Decline is a negative.

A lot of good things have happened also. Ollie has a contract and the practice facility has broken ground. It's not hanging your head in the past, it's building on the past. Big Time recruits do care about practice facilities and head coaches and past stars saying, "this guy is great as a coach/teammate."

Reaction Score
Yeah and play in that top league and power house PC. Well we might as well start recruiting no ranks and hope we get into NIT

So long NCAA PC has our number because they're in the 7

Sh@t alot of bad things have happen to PC. It's called the NCAAMB. They have suck, suck .ow and will suck in the future.

Totally missing the point. But at the end of the day, if you're been following Abu's recruiting process, he's been impressed with PC's Cooley following him so closely. PC had a better recruiting class than UConn this past year. Keep telling yourself UConn is a top destination. This is why we've had subpar recruiting classes 2 years in a row. Lucked out on Calhoun because he committed before violations. Top recruits have mentioned this. I'm done with you... Get with the times.

Reaction Score
Totally missing the point. But at the end of the day, if you're been following Abu's recruiting process, he's been impressed with PC's Cooley following him so closely. PC had a better recruiting class than UConn this past year. Keep telling yourself UConn is a top destination. This is why we've had subpar recruiting classes 2 years in a row. Lucked out on Calhoun because he committed before violations. Top recruits have mentioned this. I'm done with you... Get with the times.

You are a troll. And you don't even know what you're talking about. First off, they are not violations. Second, Calhoun signed his letter AFTER the NCAA ruled.

Reaction Score
One of the things I will never understand about this board is its obsession with PC.

I know the "rivalry" used to be heated at some point, but they are a completely irrelevant program right now. The only time I think about PC is the morning UConn's playing them - that's it.

There has never been a time when I've worried about that s**thole program, and that certainly hasn't changed in a year where an ineligible UConn team was still vastly superior.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They have the Big East name & better basketball teams at this point, if you don't know this by now, you have not been paying attention.

I am not a PC fan. I'm a UConn fan #1, but if you haven't noticed, a lot of bad things have been happening to UConn lately (APR issues, Post Season ban, ACC Decline) . If you think recruits are not paying attention, then I don't know where you've been looking. Until UConn solidifies their league, it's a big negative to UConn. I don't like it, but it's reality. You can keep hanging your head over years past, but Big Time recruits do not play in the past. They want to play in a top league today.

Quick. Name the year a team from the C7+ whatever won a national championship.

Name the last player of the year to come out of that conference.

Truth be told the best team in the league will be Butler if the C7 can pull them in.

Outside of G'town and maybe Nova none of the remaining teams has been relevant for more than 20 years.

For , you can go write the history of college basketball over the past 25 years without mentioning anyone in that conglomerate.

Hardly anything powerful.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I was going to say that he was deported to Pakistan after Jerry lost his immigration paperwork, but I googled it and that was "Babu". I was bummed the name didn't match, since the latest update on that guy is that he is now a gynecologist in India (Raj's father on Big Bang Theory). So today's attempt at stupid humor never got off the drawing board.

Carry on, then.

P3kRr.gif

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Has PC won anything ever in the last 20 years. UConn has won three National Championships in that time and is a household name. The only households PC is known is some parts of the northeast otherwise it is just another small school.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I agree that he will never suit up for PC and will go pro.

caw

Reaction Score

Can you take the PC troll back to your messageboard?

You may make fun of UConn sometimes, but you are at least somewhat reasonable and not pretending to be a UConn fan. This guy is just a tool.

Reaction Score
Why do you guys even bother with PC fans? Just leave it alone. I should lock this thread.

Reaction Score
You are a troll. And you don't even know what you're talking about. First off, they are not violations. Second, Calhoun signed his letter AFTER the NCAA ruled.

If anything, you are a complete . You think know everything, but you don't. Yes, UConn did have APR violations they were banned from the NCAA tournament for it, and later the Big East tournament. I said Calhoun committed, I didn't say signed. Secondly, when Calhoun did commit and even sign, the Big East was still solid. ie, teams weren't leaving the league for the ACC, Big 1o or Big Twelve. The Big East tournament was in Madison Square Garden. Now the name has been sold off. There are no more Big East tournaments in Madison Square Garden for UConn, as sad as that is. Do you not think recruits are not paying attention to this?

I've been a long supporting UConn fan for approximately 30 years & so don't call me a troll. I'm sorry you don't have a realistic view of what's going on around them.

Reaction Score
If anything, you are a complete . You think know everything, but you don't. Yes, UConn did have APR violations they were banned from the NCAA tournament for it, and later the Big East tournament. I said Calhoun committed, I didn't say signed. Secondly, when Calhoun did commit and even sign, the Big East was still solid. ie, teams weren't leaving the league for the ACC, Big 1o or Big Twelve. The Big East tournament was in Madison Square Garden. Now the name has been sold off. There are no more Big East tournaments in Madison Square Garden for UConn, as sad as that is. Do you not think recruits are not paying attention to this?

I've been a long supporting UConn fan for approximately 30 years & so don't call me a troll. I'm sorry you don't have a realistic view of what's going on around them.

There is no such thing as an APR violation.

Calhoun could have gone to any other of his offers, and he had plenty of good ones.

You haven't supported squat at UConn. You're a PC troll. It's not like the entire message board has missed this.

Reaction Score
Quick. Name the year a team from the C7+ whatever won a national championship.

Name the last player of the year to come out of that conference.

Truth be told the best team in the league will be Butler if the C7 can pull them in.

Outside of G'town and maybe Nova none of the remaining teams has been relevant for more than 20 years.

For , you can go write the history of college basketball over the past 25 years without mentioning anyone in that conglomerate.

Hardly anything powerful.

They are not the Catholic 7 any more. The Catholic 7 have the Big East name now. People know the Big East brand name. They know Big Monday. They know Georgetown, they know Marquette, they know St. Johns, they know Nova as Big East teams. Yes, people know the UConn name too but we can't even tell potential recruits what our league name is now or where we'll play our next tournament. Cincy is in the same boat as us. Temple & Memphis are good teams, but are still outsiders right now. UConn needs to find stability quickly or it means sitting in limbo til it's cleared up.

Reaction Score
They are not the Catholic 7 any more. The Catholic 7 have the Big East name now. People know the Big East brand name. They know Big Monday. They know Georgetown, they know Marquette, they know St. Johns, they know Nova as Big East teams. Yes, people know the UConn name too but we can't even tell potential recruits what our league name is now or where we'll play our next tournament. Cincy is in the same boat as us. Temple & Memphis are good teams, but are still outsiders right now. UConn needs to find stability quickly or it means sitting in limbo til it's cleared up.

Big Monday is now UConn on ESPN, not CYO7 on some Fox channel that no one can find.

Reaction Score
There is no such thing as an APR violation.

Calhoun could have gone to any other of his offers, and he had plenty of good ones.

You haven't supported squat at UConn. You're a PC troll. It's not like the entire message board has missed this.

I am not even a PC fan. Stop making up more crap. Put down whatever you've been smoking. I've been watching & attending UConn games for nearly 3o years. I've also coached & reffed youth basketball in CT for approximately 10 years. I've been to UConn practices. I've met some of the UConn players in the past.

UConn's APR scores were not at the level they needed to be in order to make the NCAA tournement this year. I call it a violation, you can call it whatever you want.

Again, you failed to get the point. When Calhoun signed, there was certainty. Big East name, Madison Square Garden for tournaments. They played on Big Monday on ESPN.

Reaction Score
I am not even a PC fan. Stop making up more crap. Put down whatever you've been smoking. I've been watching & attending UConn games for nearly 3o years. I've also coached & reffed youth basketball in CT for approximately 10 years. I've been to UConn practices. I've met some of the UConn players in the past.

UConn's APR scores were not at the level they needed to be in order to make the NCAA tournement this year. I call it a violation, you can call it whatever you want.

Again, you failed to get the point. When Calhoun signed, there was certainty. Big East name, Madison Square Garden for tournaments. They played on Big Monday on ESPN.

No one buys what you're selling.

And, UCONN will still play on Big Monday on ESPN! Your team won't!

Reaction Score
And no one knows what you are smoking. Please, go back to studying... I’ve been a UConn fan has been longer than you've been alive, silly kid. I'm sorry you're unrealistic about what's going on around them and don’t take them as legitimate concerns.

Go back & read my earlier posts about Abu, before some of you goons started trying to twist everything. I was the one who said UConn needs to make Abu a priority, before PC gets him since PC has been all over this kid.

Reaction Score
And no one knows what you are smoking. Please, go back to studying... I’ve been a UConn fan has been longer than you've been alive, silly kid. I'm sorry you're unrealistic about what's going on around them and don’t take them as legitimate concerns.

Go back & read my earlier posts about Abu, before some of you goons started trying to twist everything. I was the one who said UConn needs to make Abu a priority, before PC gets him since PC has been all over this kid.

Maybe if you use one more font in your posts, you'll convince me. 2 isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom