looking for small Abu update? | The Boneyard

looking for small Abu update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pc fans are running their mouths because cooley has been twice in a week

Reaction Score
I think Calhoun needs to make Abu a priority. He brings the toughness UConn needs. He's rugged & an excellent athlete. He reminds me of a more athletic Adrien or a Jason Maxiell. It sound like he's looking for a package with SG Jared Terrell. I say get them both... and try to convince Goodluck Okobonboh to join them. All are Boston guys. Now that would be a wish list... I think it's possible.

Reaction Score
I think Calhoun needs to make Abu a priority. He brings the toughness UConn needs. He's rugged & an excellent athlete. He reminds me of a more athletic Adrien or a Jason Maxiell. It sound like he's looking for a package with SG Jared Terrell. I say get them both... and try to convince Goodluck Okobonboh to join them. All are Boston guys. Now that would be a wish list... I think it's possible.
You realize that Calhoun retired and Ollie is now the head coach right?

Reaction Score

I meant Ollie.... LOLOLOLOL Really, I've only had 1 drink!

Reaction Score
Therein lies the issue.....start drinking heavily then post your thoughts! Geez so many rookies:rolleyes:

Hey, I at least I formed sentences, I think! ;) I'm too old to be a rookie... just a newbie on here, so cut me some slack. I'm starting me second. LOL

At least like my thought on recruiting!

Reaction Score
All over him, tent in the front yard, stoking

caw

Reaction Score
PC had a week off between games, UConn did not. Any team with that much time should go see him, if they are interested and he is playing. Abu going to PC twice in a week would be news, like Carrington coming to all those UConn games.

Reaction Score
All over him, tent in the front yard, stoking
I keep hearing these various programs all over people. Who are we all over at this point? With he and Terrell being a package, shouldn't we be all over them?

Reaction Score
PC had a week off between games, UConn did not. Any team with that much time should go see him, if they are interested and he is playing. Abu going to PC twice in a week would be news, like Carrington coming to all those UConn games.

PC is a serious destination for Abu. Cooley has had solid recruiting years. I'd hate for UConn to lose this guy from lack of perceived interest on Abu's part. I really think he's the guy UConn needs. But does Abu need UConn? All this Big East unrest may come back to haunt UConn... sigh...

Reaction Score
I keep hearing these various programs all over people. Who are we all over at this point? With he and Terrell being a package, shouldn't we be all over them?

Right on... Can't take guys being big time recruits within the region too lightly!

Reaction Score
How can Cooley be out recruiting us? There is no reason at all. Please someone tell me why someone would choose PC over us. And yes I drinking heavily Gentleman Jack. If we continued to lose recruits to PC who can we out recruit?

caw

Reaction Score
PC is a serious destination for Abu. Cooley has had solid recruiting years. I'd hate for UConn to lose this guy from lack of perceived interest on Abu's part. I really think he's the guy UConn needs. But does Abu need UConn? All this Big East unrest may come back to haunt UConn... sigh...

I'm not sure how what I said relates to what you are saying.

UConn is going after Abu, UConn had a game against Gtown Monday and flew out to have a game against Cinci. PC was off for a full week and in Providence against SJU Saturday night. Tons of time for Cooley to see him. Cooley recruits hard, but in the end I don't see Abu going to PC. PC fans think they are getting a class of:

Joseph
Terrell
Lindsey
Abu
CP

Let me know when that happens.

As for Cooley's success in recruiting:

2011 (does he get credit for these?)
Henton: good under the radar guy. Top five of PC, PSU, Cleveland State, Duquesne and Utah
Gardner: never played at PC, Fairfield was his second choice

2012:
Dunn: very good recruit who Cooley was on very early when he was at Fairfield. Also local kid.
Ledo: hasn't played at PC, may never, I don't count him until he plays
Fortune: decent player, not exactly a highly rated player though

2013:
Austin: very good pickup, personally not a fan of how he was recruited, but a good pickup
Bullock: underrated or properly rated? Either way not rated highly.

Transfers:
Johnson: no longer at PC
DeRosiers: 5-4.5 big man at Wake Forest
Harris: 2-2 SF at NCST

The two transfers could improve, but they didn't exactly wow anyone in the ACC.

It's probably better than he should be doing, but we will see if he can truly pull a good class going forward. He used UConn's situation to his advantage in consecutive years with the NCAAT ban and Ollie's contract. We shall see, now that those two obstacles are out of the way.

PC also grabbed a highly rated Coleman out from under UConn's nose and left UConn with Lamb.

Reaction Score
How can Cooley be out recruiting us? There is no reason at all. Please someone tell me why someone would choose PC over us. And yes I drinking heavily Gentleman Jack. If we continued to lose recruits to PC who can we out recruit?

Brand name... Catholic 7 bought the Big East name, which PC is still apart of. No one knows what league UConn will be in, which hurts recruiting. I don't even know if the remaining "formerly named Big East" teams will get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament... Sah, huh? If someone knows, let me know. I'm a bit confused.

Reaction Score
Brand name... Catholic 7 bought the Big East name, which PC is still apart of. No one knows what league UConn will be in, which hurts recruiting. I don't even know if the remaining "formerly named Big East" teams will get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament... Sah, huh? If someone knows, let me know. I'm a bit confused.

For the most part I would guess that Northeast kids still view the brand names of UConn and Syracuse more highly than what is going to be left of the Catholic Big East. The CBE is still a pretty good conference, but nothing like just two years ago even. Nothing at all. It's nuts have been chopped off.

I can't imagine any recruit taking Cooley more seriously in an in-home visit than Kevin Ollie. I don't mean that as a diss toward Cooley who is turning Providence in the right direction at least. But Ollie played at and is the coach of one of the top programs of the last generation and he played in the NBA for 13 years. He knows people. He knows hall of famers. He's a city kid. Grew up in tough places, he can relate to inner city kids I would imagine as well as any coach in Div 1.

But I guess we'll see over the next 4 or 5 years..

Reaction Score

They haven't won sh@t! Please they got Dunn and the other kid what's his name from Puerto Rico. They still suck. We lost,?? out on the guy at 6'6" who said he was a pt. We've put how many in the NBA? They have who in the NBA? So your telling me we're A10 material. Game over check you out next decade.

Reaction Score
I was going to say that he was deported to Pakistan after Jerry lost his immigration paperwork, but I googled it and that was "Babu". I was bummed the name didn't match, since the latest update on that guy is that he is now a gynecologist in India (Raj's father on Big Bang Theory). So today's attempt at stupid humor never got off the drawing board.

Carry on, then.

Reaction Score
Relax folks... I'm just saying UConn cannot claim to be apart of a power league these days. The Big East has been sold. Coaches from all other schools will play this against UConn in recruiting, like Ollie didn't have a guaranteed contract earlier this past year. It's a big negative for UConn at this point. Until UConn becomes a part of a solid league, it's a big disadvantage to UConn... Someone tell me, does UConn's league get an automatic bid to the NCAA going forward? Catholic 7 bought the name, but not sure it guarantees them the bid. Serious Q's at this point. Hurts recruiting....

caw

Reaction Score

No BS, you are a PC fan, correct?

Recruits know what league UConn will be in, they may not know the name but that's really not important. Even if UConn moves to another league, it will be the ACC or (wishing) B1G. The league UConn is in will get an automatic bid. Even if the bottom sucks, it's still a league with Temple, UConn, Memphis and Cinci.

More importantly than all of that, recruits know the brand that is UConn. They know Rudy Gay, they know Kemba Walker, they know Andre Drummond, they know Jeremy Lamb, they know Jesus Shuttlesworth, etc. Heck Boston Celtics fans know Donny Marshall also.

Some played for Ollie when he was an assistant and some played with him at UConn, each and every one loves him. Most are on campus during the summer if not during the regular season. Nobody knows guys from PC.

caw

Reaction Score
Relax folks... I'm just saying UConn cannot claim to be apart of a power league these days. The Big East has been sold. Coaches from all other schools will play this against UConn in recruiting, like Ollie didn't have a guaranteed contract earlier this past year. It's a big negative for UConn at this point. Until UConn becomes a part of a solid league, it's a big disadvantage to UConn... Someone tell me, does UConn's league get an automatic bid to the NCAA going forward? Catholic 7 bought the name, but not sure it guarantees them the bid. Serious Q's at this point. Hurts recruiting....

The C7 is not a power conference, heck it doesn't even exist yet.

Reaction Score
The C7 is not a power conference, heck it doesn't even exist yet.

They have the Big East name & better basketball teams at this point, if you don't know this by now, you have not been paying attention.

I am not a PC fan. I'm a UConn fan #1, but if you haven't noticed, a lot of bad things have been happening to UConn lately (APR issues, Post Season ban, ACC Decline) . If you think recruits are not paying attention, then I don't know where you've been looking. Until UConn solidifies their league, it's a big negative to UConn. I don't like it, but it's reality. You can keep hanging your head over years past, but Big Time recruits do not play in the past. They want to play in a top league today.

Reaction Score
They have the Big East name & better basketball teams at this point, if you don't know this by now, you have not been paying attention.

I am not a PC fan. I'm a UConn fan #1, but if you haven't noticed, a lot of bad things have been happening to UConn lately (APR issues, Post Season ban, ACC Decline) . I you think recruits are not paying attention, then I don't know where you've been looking. Until UConn solidifies their league, it's a big negative to UConn. I don't like it, but it's reality. You can keep hanging your head over years past, but Big Time recruits do not play in the past. They want to play in a top league today.

Yeah and play in that top league and power house PC. Well we might as well start recruiting no ranks and hope we get into NIT

So long NCAA PC has our number because they're in the 7

Sh@t alot of bad things have happen to PC. It's called the NCAAMB. They have suck, suck .ow and will suck in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom