Looking Ahead to Texas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looking Ahead to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hopefully he will be a good luck charm. Last year we took my buddy's 9 year old son to his first game ever. He got to witness the game winner by Shabazz against Florida. Of course now he's a UConn fan for life.

Yep, from experience I can say that's the right age.

Reaction Score
Jeez.. you guys are acting like Texas is the repeating national champion. Yes, they have an NBA sized front line, but their pg is out, and they are coached by Rick Barnes! Rick Barnes! We will have a tremendous home court advantage, will be coming off 10 days of beat your practices, and will be ready to play. This team has alawys played down, and (usually) up to its competition. They may have taken WVU lightly, but they won't take Texas lightly. I think our perimiter D will be stifling, neutralizing their advantage downlow (think MSU/Florida/Kentucky). If that's the case, it's a W. The key ingredient overall though is Amidah staying out of foul trouble. If he plays 30 minutes plus I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Jeez.. you guys are acting like Texas is the repeating national champion. Yes, they have an NBA sized front line, but their pg is out, and they are coached by Rick Barnes! Rick Barnes! We will have a tremendous home court advantage, will be coming off 10 days of beat your a practices, and will be ready to play. This team has alawys played down, and (usually) up to its competition. They may have taken WVU lightly, but they won't take Texas lightly. I think our perimiter D will be stifling, neutralizing their advantage downlow (think MSU/Florida/Kentucky). If that's the case, it's a W. The key ingredient overall though is Amidah staying out of foul trouble. If he plays 30 minutes plus I like our chances.

Um, I'm pretty sure they didn't take WV lightly. They were the better team and are currently ranked above us. It could have actually been worse. Huggy kept his two best bigs on the bench for most of the send half, becuase they both had 3 fouls and he didn't need them since they were up by double digits. WV will end the year with a better record than us and we are in a crap conference. Our advantange against Texas will be the home court. Lets hope that is good for +10 point. We will need to shoot better than 75% on FT and between 45 - 60 % on threes and limit the turnovers to under 10 to win

Reaction Score
Um, I'm pretty sure they didn't take WV lightly. They were the better team and are currently ranked above us. It could have actually been worse. Huggy kept his two best bigs on the bench for most of the send half, becuase they both had 3 fouls and he didn't need them since they were up by double digits. WV will end the year with a better record than us and we are in a crap conference. Our advantange against Texas will be the home court. Lets hope that is good for +10 point. We will need to shoot better than 75% on FT and between 45 - 60 % on threes and limit the turnovers to under 10 to win

I'd love to bet on that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

A well lite arena and real hoops would help. It felt like the PR Tip off was being played in a high school gym and the rims acted like those double hooped playground baskets at Charter Oak Park in Manchester and may have contributed to the 50% FT shooting.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Texas is going to pack it in and dare UConn to beat them from outside. The rest is up to UConn.

Reaction Score
We are not shooting 45-60% on threes. Wake up, have you seen our roster? I'll take 35-40 % right now. This will be a good test for us as will Duke, but I won't throw away our season even if we lose both. Unfortunately it would have been better to do one of those games in Feb when we are better, but it is what it is.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Hopefully he will be a good luck charm. Last year we took my buddy's 9 year old son to his first game ever. He got to witness the game winner by Shabazz against Florida. Of course now he's a UConn fan for life.

My nephew is 9 years old as well! Maybe 9 year old fans are good luck? Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
We are not shooting 45-60% on threes. Wake up, have you seen our roster? I'll take 35-40 % right now. This will be a good test for us as will Duke, but I won't throw away our season even if we lose both. Unfortunately it would have been better to do one of those games in Feb when we are better, but it is what it is.

Sure we can. As long as the right people are shooting them. I can easily see us going 6 - 12 or 7 - 13 since we are on our home friendly rims. All our guards can him them sans TSam. Also, Boat was shooting 91% from the FT line before missing 5 FTs. That's not going to happen again. However, while, we can do, I think we have to do it to win, since we are going to get beat on the boards. We also need to put a lot of pressure on Texas to make them turn the ball over like WV did to us....

Reaction Score
9 missed free throws, poor shooting is what did us in. This team needed a loss like this to wake them up and remind them that UCONN BALL is team ball, not one on one ball. They'll be fine, just need to keep pounding and work on that team chemistry. Stay off the ledge guys.

Okay, clearly you didn't watch the WVU game. I'm not as worried about UT as some apparently are but this is a colossal misstatement. If I have any bad feeling it's about Purvis being snakebit. I just want to see a great game from him that would make me feel better (and Omar resurfacing)....building towards March boys.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Um yeah I did. UCONN outrebounded them, shot like crap and played a lot of one on one ball (Boatright lone exeception). This team has potential and all the issues are fixable with more gym time. Ollie will right the ship is all I was saying. Purvis is Purvis, don't see him leading the team so next year is the year we should be worried about unless we land Diamond and his boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom