Looking Ahead to Texas | The Boneyard

Looking Ahead to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If our bigs can play out of their minds and handle UT's frontline, this could be a great way to gain back any respect that was lost tonight.

Reaction Score
If our bigs can play out of their minds and handle UT's frontline, this could be a great way to gain back any respect that was lost tonight.
Our bigs get pushed around like sticks and can't hold rebounds. Do not be surprised if they lose to Texas. They will certainly lose to Duke.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Our bigs get pushed around like sticks and can't hold rebounds. Do not be surprised if they lose to Texas. They will certainly lose to Duke.

I'll be honest, I don't have a good feeling about it. Just trying to find some optimism in the midst of this doom and gloom.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score

"Expectations are the root of all heartache" ?

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
You guys suck. It's one bad game. One loss. Don't be so reactionary.
That's what I like to hear...Im leaning on our fans against Texas to be the real big man...Texas Uconn historically been some of the best CBB games around... les go fam

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
9 missed free throws, poor shooting is what did us in. This team needed a loss like this to wake them up and remind them that UCONN BALL is team ball, not one on one ball. They'll be fine, just need to keep pounding and work on that team chemistry. Stay off the ledge guys.

Reaction Score
Doom & Gloom?

Really?

This WV is not full of chumps.

The Staten kid, for instance, is one of the best players in the country. That much should be obvious from watching him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Doom & Gloom?

Really?

This WV is not full of chumps.

The Staten kid, for instance, is one of the best players in the country. That much should be obvious from watching him.
He kind of reminds me of Shabazz where he can create his own shot and his mid range game is lethal.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If we hold them within 2 touchdowns il be surprised. We cant rebound or break a press.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You guys suck. It's one bad game. One loss. Don't be so reactionary.

Ahh Cheeky, you're young here. In time, you too will be beaten down to the point that you avoid the board (even the internet?) entirely after any loss whatsoever. Unless you are a complete and total masochist.

I do applaud the effort though.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Not sure why all the doom & gloom, it's a loss, it happens.

The reason we lost to the Mountaineers, is the same reason why I feel good about Texas. Matchups

WVU is super quick, aggressive and gave our guards fits. When our guards are not in synch we lose, plain and simple... same reason we couldn't find a way to beat louisvile last year, or Nic Moore and SMU.
Texas will be more of a test for our bigs, but our guards will be able to dictate the game, and when that happens, I like our chances.... Just ask Kensucky

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Certainly helps the game is at Gampel, gotta count for something right? Coming off a loss playing on campus against a big ooc opponent is a lot better than facing that team on the road in a hostile environment.

Reaction Score
Can't believe nobody here is pointing to the specific reason we lost tonight, we need a 2nd ball handler badly. Hopefully baby balls can step into that role, but even if he doesn't, what are the chances barnes makes us pay for it?

Reaction Score

Do not be surprised? I will be surprised if they beat Texas. I watched the game last night, they need to change a lot of things and quick!

Reaction Score
Texas is not a pressing team, not sure why that's even being brought up in regards to that game. Texas will certainly present its own problems but its not like they're going to copy WVU's gameplan, that's not their style. I see posters taking the issues the team had on offense against WVU and transferring them over to other games and it just doesn't work that way. That's like saying because they struggled with Louisville they'll struggle with team X, that's a lazy and stupid approach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Texas is not a pressing team, not sure why that's even being brought up in regards to that game. Texas will certainly present its own problems but its not like they're going to copy WVU's gameplan, that's not their style. I see posters taking the issues the team had on offense against WVU and transferring them over to other games and it just doesn't work that way That's like saying because they struggled with Louisville they'll struggle with team X, that's a lazy and stupid approach.
And while the pressure did hurt them, but I don't expect Daniel Hamilton to have 8 TOs often. I mean, we were within 4 or 5 in the first half, and then Hamilton imploded, and boom, down double figures. Forget the shooting, forget the injury to Purvis (both of which obviously played a role): we fell behind too much in that sequence, and we got exhausted coming back with only Boat, SCII, and Samuel playing at full strength.

This isn't a game I'm taking much from. West Virginia is a solid team, but I think they caught us at a good time for them. Play this game again in February, and I think we win handily.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We better not lose to Texas. I spent $300 on two lower level seats. But no matter the outcome I will be bringing maximum 6th man intensity. These kids need us to will them to a win. And I am bringing my nephew to his first UConn game, so I hope it will be a day to remember for him :) Maybe it will inspire him to play for KO someday.

Reaction Score
We better not lose to Texas. I spent $300 on two lower level seats. But no matter the outcome I will be bringing maximum 6th man intensity. These kids need us to will them to a win. And I am bringing my nephew to his first UConn game, so I hope it will be a day to remember for him :) Maybe it will inspire him to play for KO someday.
Hopefully he will be a good luck charm. Last year we took my buddy's 9 year old son to his first game ever. He got to witness the game winner by Shabazz against Florida. Of course now he's a UConn fan for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom