LJ Peak top 5... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

LJ Peak top 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the videos of Peak, it seems clear he has an extraordinary level of athleticism. I wonder why he's ranked so low. Are they looking at his handle? What? Count me as someone who would be extremely happy with Abu, Chukwu and Peak. I'm talking just one of these guys. I don't know what the national people are looking at, but in a few lists, all 3 are ranked outside the top 50. Then you look at their videos and they are clearly spectacular players who show more ability than top 20 guys. I don't get it.

Maybe it's that judging from videos is foolish, but we've seen too many Jeremy Lambs and and Emeka Okafors and Ben Gordons at UConn to know better. Some of these lower ranked kids should be ranked much higher, and Leak is clearly a kid like that. Love to have him at UConn.

there are 3 things that sites use to rank players. Success against high school competition. Potential for success against college competition. Potential for success in the NBA. That is why it is hard to figure out who is best for UConn to get based on rankings

Reaction Score
Maybe it's that judging from videos is foolish,

I think that's pretty much the gist of it.

The Andre Drummond high school videos didn't show many free throws. In the DeAndre Daniels high school videos, he brought the ball up the court and looked like a point-forward. They don't tell us very much.

Reaction Score
I think that's pretty much the gist of it.

The Andre Drummond high school videos didn't show many free throws. In the DeAndre Daniels high school videos, he brought the ball up the court and looked like a point-forward. They don't tell us very much.

Isn't that an example of the opposite? The videos showed outstanding athleticism for Drummond. He was ranked high (in that sense, he's a very bad comparison here). But he delivered on what the videos showed. Getting down on him for bad free throws is getting way too picky IMO.

You see the power and explosion in Abu and Leak that you don't see in some of the other highly ranked players.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Isn't that an example of the opposite? The videos showed outstanding athleticism for Drummond. He was ranked high (in that sense, he's a very bad comparison here). But he delivered on what the videos showed. Getting down on him for bad free throws is getting way too picky IMO.

You see the power and explosion in Abu and Leak that you don't see in some of the other highly ranked players.

When I watch the Abu videos, he seems to be at a higher level of athleticism and power compared to Black and some others. He even seems to have a better 3 point shot. He's the one I would most like to see us sign just to see what he might do. Plus, it would be really nice to have a guy who is athletic and not someone who needs to add about 25% of their body weight to bang in the trenches. (I have not watched the Peak videos recently....just wanted to jump on the Abu bandwagon as it gets rolling from the station).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom