2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be against playing 3 forwards if we have a solid lead guard up front, but I think that would be a stretch with Diarra/Nowell.

One of the Stewart and McNeely would be coming off the bench, but would get 20+ mpg backing up the 3/4.
I could see a Hass/Nowell-McNeely-Stewy-AK-Samson lineup because I don’t think Hurley wants to dribble as much as we do.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I would be happy with one recruit who fits our values and is highly ranked to choose UConn instead of Duke, Kansas, UNC or Kentucky. Need some help with my memory. Have we ever swooped in and taken a top tier recruit from one of those schools. I heard Daniels mentioned but let’s be honest he was kind of a bust until his junior season. Yes he was serviceable but was rail thin and was not the best rebounder for a guy 6’8” or 6’9”. Newton is a way better rebounder than Daniels and the only thing Daniels did better than Castle was shoot. But by the time Castle reaches Daniels age he will be superior in every facet of the game.

But I just am not going to get caught up in recruiting this off season. Last off season was a negative drain on enjoying an off season of being the champs.

Hurley will figure it out. I am just hoping we keep Kimani and Luke but that is going to end fairly soon. Honestly right now if Hurley just decided to retire I would not want anyone else as our coach other than Kimani or maybe Luke. Moore is too important in his new role of GM and I think that is a position he will thrive in.

Reaction Score
Deandre's performance in the 2014 tournament excludes his name and the word "bust" from being used together in a sentence
Thank you.

Daniels was a beast in both the AAC and NCAA Tournament. His combined stats between the two:

15.6 points, 7.4 rebounds, 1.4 blocks, 54 2P%, 39 3P%, 80 FT%.

Even played small ball five for us too.

He's not a UConn great, but between his sophomore and junior seasons he was a completely solid Husky and most importantly, a key player in the 2014 championship season. I've got your back, DeAndre.

Reaction Score
Deandre's performance in the 2014 tournament excludes his name and the word "bust" from being used together in a sentence
We don't win the title without him and I think he wasn't physically ready early on in his career, thus his slow start. That happens to a lot of players. Castle is a freak because he's already got an NBA body.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I have learned a few things by reading more than posting this week. Some of you are straight up bullies. And as bullies tend to do they associate with each other. I also now understand how UConn had twice the number of jerseys in the building but were not even close to being the loudest fan base. I still have not gotten my voice back four days later.

I know I understand the game quite well. I coached it long enough with enough success to make me secure in that feeling, I took 14 years old who did not understand the word team or defense got them ready for high school for a decade. I really am not interested in what any of the bullies do for a living. I know what one does and it fits.

But no matter the amount of hate you send my way. I will always be a fan of UConn. Not sure where it started but even if I post a truly lovely fan story of how a 15yr old boy was given a game towel and the had it signed by our best Freshman ever and our head coach some of you find a way to criticize that post.

I know I am supporting my team correctly. Because I believe what comes around goes around. So when Hurley saw my son he made a b-line right to him and signed the towel. That one moment made me understand that happened for a reason. So please keep spewing the venom in my direction. It’s time to just do one thing. Let’s go UConn!

Reaction Score
And his sophomore year was nothing to sneeze at, he averaged 12 ponts and 5.5 rebounds a game

Yeah, guys who average double digits as sophomores on a team with a generational ball dominant point guard can't be labeled "busts". That was just a dumb comment.

Reaction Score
I have learned a few things by reading more than posting this week. Some of you are straight up bullies. And as bullies tend to do they associate with each other. I also now understand how UConn had twice the number of jerseys in the building but were not even close to being the loudest fan base. I still have not gotten my voice back four days later.

I know I understand the game quite well. I coached it long enough with enough success to make me secure in that feeling, I took 14 years old who did not understand the word team or defense got them ready for high school for a decade. I really am not interested in what any of the bullies do for a living. I know what one does and it fits.

But no matter the amount of hate you send my way. I will always be a fan of UConn. Not sure where it started but even if I post a truly lovely fan story of how a 15yr old boy was given a game towel and the had it signed by our best Freshman ever and our head coach some of you find a way to criticize that post.

I know I am supporting my team correctly. Because I believe what comes around goes around. So when Hurley saw my son he made a b-line right to him and signed the towel. That one moment made me understand that happened for a reason. So please keep spewing the venom in my direction. It’s time to just do one thing. Let’s go UConn!
Is this because you said Deandre Daniels was a bust and people disagreed? No one was rude to you at all about it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, guys who average double digits as sophomores on a team with a generational ball dominant point guard can't be labeled "busts". That was just a dumb comment.
Lol, he put me on ignore because he can't handle people telling him he's wrong

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Is this because you said Deandre Daniels was a bust and people disagreed? No one was rude to you at all about it.
No I was told I was a schmuck and an idiot and a few other choice names by the group I referenced over the course of a few days. This was just the cumulative effect. But I did say kind of not a complete bust. But what’s the point of talking about specifics. We needed him to play like he did during that run or we don’t win it. I understand that as well as anyone. And again I would challenge anyone who disagreed with me to find a post from this board from his freshman or sophomore year that was positive.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Lol, he put me on ignore because he can't handle people telling him he's wrong
No because you think you are always right and you are an a**. But of course you are smart enough to read my mind.

Reaction Score
Wait what? When did anyone hate on the posts you made about the towel? I feel like the reaction to those were overwhelmingly positive and people thought that was a cool story to share. I feel like maybe you're exaggerating things a bit here.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Wait what? When did anyone hate on the posts you made about the towel? I feel like the reaction to those were overwhelmingly positive and people thought that was a cool story to share. I feel like maybe you're exaggerating things a bit here.
Hate comes in a number of different ways. It is not one dimensional. But I am good I got what I needed off my chest and will limit my exposure to this board and certainly posting anything. I will read what all the experts post but more than likely keep my stories and opinions to my family and friends. I am a borderline boomer and don’t do social media. Knew it was bad before kids started to hurt themselves so never have been on any platforms. My experience on the BY makes me realize I made the right decision.

Reaction Score
Hate comes in a number of different ways. It is not one dimensional. But I am good I got what I needed off my chest and will limit my exposure to this board and certainly posting anything. I will read what all the experts post but more than likely keep my stories and opinions to my family and friends. I am a borderline boomer and don’t do social media. Knew it was bad before kids started to hurt themselves so never have been on any platforms. My experience on the BY makes me realize I made the right decision.

I'd take a Boneyard break for a few days. A step back never hurt anyone.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd take a Boneyard break for a few days. A step back never hurt anyone.

Unless you're taking a selfie on the edge of a cliff.

selfie GIF by Digg

Reaction Score
Yes there are some balloon knots here for sure, I’d bet everyone here has been called an idiot or worse for voicing an opinion. But we’re all here rooting for a team that lies between Boston and New York. balloon knots kind of come with the territory. It’s best to brush it off and ignore them when it happens.

Edit to lol at balloon knots being the autocorrect.

Reaction Score
No I was told I was a schmuck and an idiot and a few other choice names by the group I referenced over the course of a few days. This was just the cumulative effect. But I did say kind of not a complete bust. But what’s the point of talking about specifics. We needed him to play like he did during that run or we don’t win it. I understand that as well as anyone. And again I would challenge anyone who disagreed with me to find a post from this board from his freshman or sophomore year that was positive.
You literally said within the last 2 weeks that you hoped the lives of the people on the tournament committee were cut short because they didn't put Big East bubble teams in. There's a chance you're less of a victim than you believe.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I would be happy with one recruit who fits our values and is highly ranked to choose UConn instead of Duke, Kansas, UNC or Kentucky. Need some help with my memory. Have we ever swooped in and taken a top tier recruit from one of those schools. I heard Daniels mentioned but let’s be honest he was kind of a bust until his junior season. Yes he was serviceable but was rail thin and was not the best rebounder for a guy 6’8” or 6’9”. Newton is a way better rebounder than Daniels and the only thing Daniels did better than Castle was shoot. But by the time Castle reaches Daniels age he will be superior in every facet of the game.

But I just am not going to get caught up in recruiting this off season. Last off season was a negative drain on enjoying an off season of being the champs.

Hurley will figure it out. I am just hoping we keep Kimani and Luke but that is going to end fairly soon. Honestly right now if Hurley just decided to retire I would not want anyone else as our coach other than Kimani or maybe Luke. Moore is too important in his new role of GM and I think that is a position he will thrive in.

Ray Allen.
Kemba Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member