2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to pile on, but the team has six McDonalds's All Americans and they rotate starting lineups.
Cooper Flagg, Liam McNeeley, Derik Queen. Who are the other 3 McDonald's All Americans?

I feel like this whole thing is going off the rails. Watching MVA games the announcers always say 'they're so good a McDonald's All-American comes off the bench'. As Lynyrd mentioned before, this has been true to an extent where Boyle will sit people from time to time to start the game (including Flagg), but during the Chipotle National Championship tournament all 3 of their All-Americans were starters.

Reaction Score
Asa Newell, Robert Wright, and Curtis Givens
Just doing a quick google search they were all nominees but didn't make the final roster. That's still an unbelievable amount of talent on a single team, but explains why I didn't see their names listed as McDonald's All-Americans.

Reaction Score
Wright and Givens were on the roster, Newell was left off only because of the rule that one team cannot have more than five. But all six are in the Top 25.

Reaction Score
Wright and Givens were on the roster, Newell was left off only because of the rule that one team cannot have more than five. But all six are in the Top 25.
I don't want this thread to turn into an argument over this, but there's 24 players on the McDonald's All-American roster and those 3 were not included

Reaction Score
I should have prefaced by saying they were nominees, sorry

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's start with an OV and go from there.
Alex should be playing a little less than that. He gets worn down and has had to do it because we didn’t have anybody to sub until Stewart stepped up. Then AK still got some small ball 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
I don't want this thread to turn into an argument over this, but there's 24 players on the McDonald's All-American roster and those 3 were not included

The point is that there are more than 5 incredibly talented players on the roster and they rotate who starts in turn.

Personally, I could care less about "McDonald's All American" status - it is just a lazy cheat to designate 5-star/high-4-star quality player. One of the reasons to not care is - if I understand correctly - a guy like Newell not being named? How does that happen?

Back to the point: No one is a fixed starter on that team. They are loaded. The rest is semantics and I apologize if my poor description of them caused any harm.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a testament to our collective idiocy or just how far we've come... But some people here are arguing about if we should want a 5 star McD AA.
Oh it's idiocy. Someone would pick apart and complain about LeBron if we were recruiting him. Talent snobs. I also love when everyone worries about having TOO MUCH talent and what about playing time for the 12th guy. Our staff is amazing. Let them worry about who is good enough to recruit and who gets the minutes. Rich peoples problems. It's stress free being a UConn fan and we don't know how to deal with it. It's time to enjoy it. I say pour a drink, kick your fett up, and let the good times roll.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be the 1st time we signed a 5 star wing in Spring out of the blue coming off a natty. If he starts making visits I’ll get a bit of hope but until then, KU.
Hard to beT KzU $ if they really want him

Reaction Score
Why are we even talking about this kid? We’re not on his list of schools?
He hasn't officially announced a final list. There's just the below, which is in this thread somewhere.

Has there been any reports that he's visited anywhere yet?

Since reopening his recruitment, McNeeley has had no shortage of schools reaching out in hopes of adding his shooting and all-around game.

"Kansas, UConn, Kentucky, Houston, Michigan," said McNeeley of who has called. "I'm sure there are more that I'm missing but those are at the top of my mind."

Reaction Score
Alex should be playing a little less than that. He gets worn down and has had to do it because we didn’t have anybody to sub until Stewart stepped up. Then AK still got some small ball 5 minutes.
Confused about your response to my post. To be clear-Until or if we can get Liam on campus for a visit- Can't get too excited about things. Is he a fit? IMO-Yes. Does he fulfill a roster need? IMO-Yes. Asset to our Program? Yes. Never any question. PT considerations always work themselves out-Esp. with motivated players.

Reaction Score
Guy would be a lottery pick this year- he is a sure fire NBA Starter at worst- any program be lucky to have him- will elevate any program & will be the talk of college basketball at some point next season…,

Reaction Score
He hasn't officially announced a final list. There's just the below, which is in this thread somewhere.

Has there been any reports that he's visited anywhere yet?

Since reopening his recruitment, McNeeley has had no shortage of schools reaching out in hopes of adding his shooting and all-around game.

"Kansas, UConn, Kentucky, Houston, Michigan," said McNeeley of who has called. "I'm sure there are more that I'm missing but those are at the top of my mind."

Thanks for posting. Looking in on3 just now, looks like it’s a 2 team race between Kansas and Indiana. Liam McNeeley - Montverde Academy - Small Forward

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What’s fascinating about his shot is that the ball rarely touches rim on his makes. He makes a higher % of swishes than anyone else from this class I’ve watched.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Looking in on3 just now, looks like it’s a 2 team race between Kansas and Indiana. Liam McNeeley - Montverde Academy - Small Forward
The Indiana predictions are residual from his original commitment, and the Kansas ones came in a flurry after Trilly implied Kansas was the expected destination immediately after the decommitment, but basically, no one knows the situation any more than what was in that interview where he listed schools recently.

The site should probably wipe things clear after a decommitment to begin with.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

That’s not really updated.

You’re definitely not the first to question if we’re recruiting him, so to be clear: the dude said himself we’re recruiting him and every single solitary indication is that we are actively recruiting him.

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
I'm going to approach Yum Brands about creating a Burger King All-American team and they can compete with McDonald's to see later on which team eventually produces the best players and which players....flamed out. ;)
lol David Novak is a client of mine, I’ll pass this idea along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89