2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I don’t know what Arkansas fans are expecting. Before this season Muss had been to 2 straight elite 8’s and lost to the eventual national champs both times of I’m not mistaken. How much better do they think Cal is gonna do than that?
He won’t he will flame out in the not so sweet 16s but with much better players!

caw

Reaction Score
Did they win the NCAA tournament?

I want him as much as the next guy but he’s not a lock to start, right? (Assuming we get him.)

No, he isn't but the fact he didn't start in high school has no bearing on that either.

Reaction Score
None of Hawkins, Jackson or DC started for Hurley as true frosh. It took Sanogo half a season to become a starter. And Karaban became a starter after the opening game when Johnson got hurt. The only frosh who walked into a starting spot under Hurley on day one was Castle, and he came here as a likely lottery pick on day one.

Is McNeeley good enough to be a starter next year? Maybe. But given that we don’t even know our roster for next year, and what we think we have coming back, we’ll have to see.

Reaction Score
There’s so much talent at MVA that Boyle sits a different player at the beginning of each game; even Flagg didn’t start every game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, a lot of Boneyard talk and not a peep that the staff has engaged with him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did they win the NCAA tournament?

I want him as much as the next guy but he’s not a lock to start, right? (Assuming we get him.)
Whether he starts depends on Karaban and Stewart. If Karaban is back I imagine we flex 3-4 between those three guys. Could give him a few minutes at 2 in some matchups.

Are we really worried about splitting two positions across 3 guys? Duke has like 7 guys that play 3-4. Highly rated too. It’s clear to me that Ross is more of a guard than I thought.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m somewhat confused by people thinking he wouldn’t fit well. He fits perfectly. A wing with size, IQ and shooting.

We have 2 small guards/handlers, we have 3 bigger wings Ross/Stew/AK if he returns) and then McNeeley is basically in that group. Figuring out 15-25 minutes for 6-7 guys (probably another transfer guard/shooter) is what Hurley is going for, I’d guess.

Add in a big with Samson and there’s your 8-9 guy rotation.

Reaction Score
Whether he starts depends on Karaban and Stewart. If Karaban is back I imagine we flex 3-4 between those three guys. Could give him a few minutes at 2 in some matchups.

Are we really worried about splitting two positions across 3 guys? Duke has like 7 guys that play 3-4. Highly rated too. It’s clear to me that Ross is more of a guard than I thought.
Karaban is not going to play less than 32-34 minutes a game. So, if your math works on that then fine. If not, then try another scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom