2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, 3.0 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just think you are criminally sleeping on Karaban, McNeeley, Stewart, Nowell, Ball, and Mahaney by saying they aren’t high end talent. Especially at the collegiate level. And I didn’t even mention the best shooter in the country in Brea and a guy who was undefeated as a starter(WITHOUT CLINGAN) in Samson Johnson.

That team would be absurd

Don't assume we're getting McNeeley or Mahaney yet. The possibility of getting Timberlaked seems like it's possible here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Same here, I didn’t think it was weird that he wanted to take another visit, but you’d think he knew immediately if he needed another visit or not and who it might be. The fact we haven’t heard anything and it’s clear no visit to another school this weekend yet… seems like good mojo for the good guys
I'm wondering if the fact we have two good guys coming in this weekend and only limited scholarships might have caused him to rethink the wisdom of holding off on his decision.

That's entirely speculation though.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Don't assume we're getting McNeeley or Mahaney yet. The possibility of getting Timberlaked seems like it's possible here.
The possibility of getting Timberlaked is likely possible in every situation going forward to be fair.

Reaction Score
The whole conversation was based off of that hypothetical. We obviously don’t know if they’re coming

Reaction Score
The possibility of getting Timberlaked is likely possible in every situation going forward to be fair.

Of Course - but doing all these minutes projections with lineups including guys haven't committed yet seems premature. I get its satisfying to look forward assuming they come because the vibes are good.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
To three-peat, someone will likely have to because Clingan was the #1 most important player in the entire country this year.
I’m keeping an open mind. I’ve been wrong two years in a row wondering how we’d replace what we’re losing.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a documentary someday on how these recruiting visits all unfold. Do we give recruits deadlines to decide? Do we have a "draft list" and contact players specific we want. Wild West.
How about a Netflix series like Full Swing? They can call it Full Courting Press.

Reaction Score
The term "getting Timberlaked" could mean either losing a transfer you thought you had OR getting a transfer you think is good who isn't OR dodging a bullet by whiffing on said transfer who actually sucks.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The term "getting Timberlaked" could mean either losing a transfer you thought you had OR getting a transfer you think is good who isn't OR dodging a bullet by whiffing on said transfer who actually sucks.
Or getting a phat beat dropped for one of your singles

Reaction Score
Sanogo - best post player in the country along with Timme

Clingan - best defensive big in the country

Castle - best defensive guard in the country

So yeah, having the best creates the pure dominance.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Factoring in the loss of three starters (Sanogo, Jackson, Hawkins) and two rotation players (Alleyne, Calcaterra), we lost basically half of total playing minutes (roughly 60% of starters minutes) and it was posted somewhere that we lost more than 60% of our offense from 22-23 to 23-24.

What we accomplished by repeating was remarkable and the only prior comparisons were two UCLA repeats in their 1967-1973 run; Alcindor, Allen, Warren teams to Wickes, Rowe, Bibby then Wickes, Rowe, Bibby to Walton, Wilks, Meyers. If we do pull off three un a row, not only will we have accomplished something that only UCLA has ever done, we will have done it with teams that were substantially different each year.

I absolutely want the three peat and I would love to be as loaded as possible to make this run. There are a couple things we need to understand with this:

1 - We won't necessarily need to trot out a 7'2" monster or a starting three guard backcourt where all three are between 6'4"-6'6" and can each handle all responsibilities of the one, two and three.

2 - While I would love to once again win it all while being more dominant than we were the year before, we don't need to continually increase our level of dominance in order to win a title. Hell, we can actually win a title by being less dominant in the tournament than the prior two years. We can even win a title without winning every game by double digits. It's been done before.

We won't be able to replicate Clingan. It's impossible. The good news is we can still put together a team capable of winning it all with a different type of player at the five. We can have a different look than the past two years in the backcourt and the forwards and still be capable of making a deep run.

There is more than one way to build a championship team (and we've already proven that a number of times).

Reaction Score
IMG_4795.jpeg

Reaction Score
Donovan Clingan was by far the most impactful player in the country this past year and Cam Spencer was by far the most impactful transfer.
Zach Edey.
Dalton Knecht.

Not that the others are day old bread.

Reaction Score
Zach Edey best offensive player. Clingan best defensive player. Nod goes to Edey 2 time player of the year.

Cam Spencer is a great all around player. Literally does everything. He is as close to an automatic bucket as Sanogo was with his crafty play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom