OT: - Let's go living in the past | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Let's go living in the past

Reaction Score
The MJ Jordan 12 commercial where they’re playing in slo mo and you get snippets of the sneaker, then MJ dunks to end it… an all timer.

Also, lil Penny.

I loved this commercial but Holy crap! Lil Penny!!!! That left my mind until now. Good good call!
LilPennyHardaway-e1644710176633.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not really glamorous or dynamic, but a narrative piece of how basketball was played in the 1950's with the 2 hand set shot.

Reminds me of my days in high school... Not my school's team ME. This was in the 70's; I was a horrible athlete, and the king of the 2-hand set shot AIIIIRRRRR BALLLLLL! :) Also layups over the backboard. My school team was quite good for a tiny school... I didn't try out, would have gotten laughed outa the gym on the first day of tryout.

Reaction Score
If we’re going down memory lane with old commercials, it’s hard to beat the Mansfield Physical Therapy rap from the mid 90s:

“If you’ve been hurt and you need some help,
call Mansfield Physical Therapy.
Just go go go go go…”

Bonus points if anyone can find that commercial

Reaction Score
Reminds me of my days in high school... Not my school's team ME. This was in the 70's; I was a horrible athlete, and the king of the 2-hand set shot AIIIIRRRRR BALLLLLL! :) Also layups over the backboard. My school team was quite good for a tiny school... I didn't try out, would have gotten laughed outa the gym on the first day of tryout.
I wasn't an athlete either and that circumstance dictated that I remained a spectator at games.

One thing about being a non-athlete is that you avoid all those team , sports-related surgeries.

Maybe 6 years ago, at the locker room of a gym and pool where I belonged, I overheard a guy telling another guy how many knee surgeries he had when he was in high school playing hockey and how he now has arthritic knees as a result.

I said to him that when I was younger, I felt bad I couldn't make any teams or knew enough not to try out, but now, I am glad that given my limitations, I didn't have to go through what he went through.

My concluding remark to him was that life has a way of evening things out and everything we do or are unable to do, has a plus and a minus to it.

Reaction Score
Nestle Crunch commercial from 1986 with Larry Bird. The kid in the commercial is Jim McCaffrey, who was a really good player at Holy Cross. I did business with him until he moved to Europe. It was funny listening to the story about how they picked him for the commercial and about working with Bird. The Suns picked him in the 6th round of the NBA draft and then the Celtics picked him up for training camp. So when Nestle wanted to do the commercial they picked him because he was already there.

Reaction Score

Who could forget this remember when it was posted on the old boneyard.

Reaction Score
No. What the hell is that???
yup; it was around the same time the Big East had the 6 personal foul rule. I thought that hurt the teams in the NCAA tournament as league play got pretty rough with that extra foul allowance. But the ACC 3pt line was ridiculously close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom