Lauren Cox to Visit on First Night | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox to Visit on First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Quit when you're behind. ;) The it's you suggested is a contraction for it is. Completely errant. Please let it go.
But doesn't the potential belong to UConn hence the possession apostrophe? Idk just sounds better to me than HER. My English never was very gud :p

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
But doesn't the potential belong to UConn hence the possession apostrophe? Idk just sounds better to me than HER. My English never was very gud :p

Forget that notion about that apostrophe making a possessive out of its. which is a possessive. That apostrophe serves to make a contraction of it is.

No, more important, I confess to having the best of intentions (i.e., discouraging a new poster from nailing other BY posters about usage in a grammatically flawed post). So I stupidly and inexplicably seized on poster's "there" as errant. I offer my sincere apologies to all.

vtcwbuff got it right.

Its would be correct.

Now you know why I ceased doing "ahems."

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think she already had it
we'll never know... but we see how a lot of other "recruits" fizzed when they chose other schools.

I understand "UConn isnt for everyone"

Reaction Score
Simply as stated that: "Stewart would still have been terrific had she gone elsewhere."
Let's not turn this into a UCONN vs ND or Geno vs Muffett thing or a how dare you on a UCONN fan board kind of vibe.

Have you ever read McGraw's Bench on ND Nation? They say the same thing that we say here. Oh come to ND Muffet will
coach her to blah, blah, blah. I have NEVER seen a UConn fan post on that board.
I guess their fans get bored with that forum as it has so little posts that seems so provincial.
I don't care where the recruits go, if they don't go to UConn. I agree that MOST #1 or top players are really good when they get to college, where their game gets refined by some coaches, or not.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Have you ever read McGraw's Bench on ND Nation? They say the same thing that we say here. Oh come to ND Muffet will
coach her to blah, blah, blah. I have NEVER seen a UConn fan post on that board.
I guess their fans get bored with that forum as it has so little posts that seems so provincial.
I don't care where the recruits go, if they don't go to UConn. I agree that MOST #1 or top players are really good when they get to college, where their game gets refined by some coaches, or not.
Q:Have you ever read McGraw's Bench on ND Nation?
A:No I have not.
I am having trouble following the remaining points in your post.

Reaction Score
With your quote you "realized"you lack any potential to talk about the Huskies in any way because the potential I measured between you and I compares with you being the rest of WCBB and I the Connecticut Huskies!!!

Nuh Uhh!

Reaction Score
HEY! If you continue to hassle Boneyarders about their grammatical shortcomings and I guarantee that a hard rains a-gonna fall on you! :rolleyes:

And, BTW, trade the their you mistakenly used and replace it with her. ;)

My, my. This is harsh criticism. I see that "rains" should have an apostrophe, but far be it from me to point that out to a brother in blue. The world is beset with apostrophes; we can do with one less. I've already removed one from Aja.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
My, my. This is harsh criticism. I see that "rains" should have an apostrophe.

Last ahem. ;)

Your eyesight is failing.

Bob Dylan didn't need an apostrophe in (a hard) rains (a-gonna fall) and neither did you.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
HEY! If you continue to hassle Boneyarders about their grammatical shortcomings and I guarantee that a hard rains a-gonna fall on you! :rolleyes:

And, BTW, trade the their you mistakenly used and replace it with her. ;)

Kibitzer, your grammar lessons are usually spot on, but you have a mixed construction here: the subordinate clause, "If you continue . . . , " requires a comma after "shortcomings," then drop the "and."

Reaction Score
Last ahem. ;)

Bob Dylan didn't need an apostrophe in (a hard) rains (a-gonna fall) and neither did you.

My eyesight IS failing, no question. But if written in English, then "rains gonna fall" means rain IS gonna fall. Anyway, I was just having some fun with all this silliness. If Robert Zimmerman wants to omit the apostrophe, who am I to question?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
bth_surrender.jpg bth_surrender.jpg
My eyesight IS failing, no question. But if written in English, then "rains gonna fall" means rain IS gonna fall. Anyway, I was just having some fun with all this silliness. If Robert Zimmerman wants to omit the apostrophe, who am I to question?

Hmmmm. It is REMOTELY possible that we are both right.

Perhaps Dylan used "a-" before gonna as a shortie for "are."

OK, I admit but I hadda try. Touche to you!

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Then there's Lands' End, in which the apostrophe is in the wrong place. They acknowledged it a few years ago. Probably would cost millions in legal fees to change it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Was reading Cox's blog and she said that she wants to make her decision for the November signing period. I am not sure what those dates are.

She also revealed that she is a Type I diabetic, which I was not aware of in the past. I share this horrible disease with her and I cannot imagine being so active and trying to control my blood sugar. When I go to the gym or even mow the lawn my blood sugar becomes much more unpredictable. Kudos to her for wanting to help bring awareness to this disease. Wherever she lands she will need to find a good endocrinologist, as that is a vital part of living a healthy life as a diabetic.

For the record, Baylor Medical has an excellent endocrinology center. I hope she already uses them for her diabetes management.
Reminds me of a bit of Bobby Clarke. An article on him in Boys' Life made me a Flyers' fan. I thought it was pretty cool that he could manage that disease and compete at the high level athletically.

Reaction Score
Managing diabetes is certainly a challenge for her as an athlete. Also a challenge for her coaches. How much can you push? What is a physical limit as opposed to mental? How do you push her "beyond what she thought she could do" ? A bit more complex than with a player not dealing with diabetes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Managing diabetes is certainly a challenge for her as an athlete. Also a challenge for her coaches. How much can you push? What is a physical limit as opposed to mental? How do you push her "beyond what she thought she could do" ? A bit more complex than with a player not dealing with diabetes.

Very good point. This disease requires that all those around the diabetic be in tune with the person's health. Her roommate is going to suddenly feel an extra amount of responsibility that she would not otherwise have.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very good point. This disease requires that all those around the diabetic be in tune with the person's health. Her roommate is going to suddenly feel an extra amount of responsibility that she would not otherwise have.
At UCONN she will have a choice of roommate that have been former teamamates and actually traveled outside the country with Lauren (Dangerfield, KLS, Boykin, Collier).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
At UCONN she will have a choice of roommate that have been former teamamates and actually traveled outside the country with Lauren (Dangerfield, KLS, Boykin, Collier).

If she rooms with one of them their lives are going to change drastically for 3 years, which is true of any roommate she has in college.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she rooms with one of them their lives are going to change drastically for 3 years, which is true of any roommate she has in college.
Very true. In that case I nominate Boykin as best prepared. She has a brother I believe legally blind and actually transfrerred HS to watch over her brother.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Very true. In that case I nominate Boykin as best prepared. She has a brother I believe legally blind and actually transfrerred HS to watch over her brother.

Is this a good time to mention that she already knows Ali Patberg, who I've read is a health nut? ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I say give that girl a break from the responsibility now that she is off to college. I nominate KLS since she has a lot of sisters and could adopt Cox as her new sister. Plus, they are both the number 1 recruits in their respective classes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I say give that girl a break from the responsibility now that she is off to college. I nominate KLS since she has a lot of sisters and could adopt Cox as her new sister. Plus, they are both the number 1 recruits in their respective classes.
So are you saying you want Lauren to come to UCONN?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is this a good time to mention that she already knows Ali Patberg, who I've read is a health nut? ;)
No. We will not mention that she was a team mate of Ali Patberg and Arike Ogunbowale also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom