Laglow hoping to hear from TCU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Laglow hoping to hear from TCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all these crazy stories and happenings are why i love the trail grind. its extremely hard to break thru in certain spots and rise overall from nothing to something. were doing it!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so to parlay that^ as some of u know i was around some recruiting of a friend back in my hs days if u have ever read a RE rant of mine on ct kids. anyway, before this kid ended up in the b10, he had verballed to a acc school. want to know why? GS came in one morning and bought the table some BECs and AP's and we all had a fun chat. The MD coach came in and did the same, twice. He also re appeared one of those times for lunch. a simple chicken sandwich and fries can put you in the lead. #trailgrind

Reaction Score
so to parlay that^ as some of u know i was around some recruiting of a friend back in my hs days if u have ever read a RE rant of mine on ct kids. anyway, before this kid ended up in the b10, he had verballed to a acc school. want to know why? GS came in one morning and bought the table some BECs and AP's and we all had a fun chat. The MD coach came in and did the same, twice. He also re appeared one of those times for lunch. a simple chicken sandwich and fries can put you in the lead. #trailgrind

Who is GS and what are BEC's and AP's?

Reaction Score
You can't bitch about the program struggling if you don't want them to play the flipping game. And if you want P to be like Edsall, that's fine. I don't want him to be like Randy Edsall. I'd like to think he can do more than Randy Edsall. The best teams flip recruits and have their recruits flipped. That's a fact.

Why must I always have to explain myself twice to you. My whole issue is and has been kids commiting and then soon after we read or hear they are open to something better or hoping this school offers, etc

When I said coaches don't have to be ok with it I am talking about not being ok with committing and then letting the world know you are open to "better" or school specific offers .

If you are committed than you don't care if another offer comes a long. If you are committed you don't tell people you hope this school or that school offers. You are too busy building relationships with the coaches and the players at the school you committed to.

These kids haven't really committed, they've just taken the safe route just in case. Taking a spot and if they move on they screw up our coaches recruiting. If you are ok with that fine. I'm not

Edsall would have pulled their offers by now as well as he should. PP is getting used.

Either commit or don't commit None of this in the middle crap.

Kids flip a lot with the big schools. You didn't see this kind of maybe stuff when Edsall was here. PP is ok with it Edsall was not.

Can't be much clearer on where I stand.

By the way.....if a kid is hoping for a big time offer after committing and gets excited when he gets one, great......just keep it to yourself like 95% of the other recruits.

Reaction Score
You can't bitch about the program struggling if you don't want them to play the flipping game. And if you want P to be like Edsall, that's fine. I don't want him to be like Randy Edsall. I'd like to think he can do more than Randy Edsall. The best teams flip recruits and have their recruits flipped. That's a fact.

And even Edsall is playing the flip game now.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I had Schiano but you lost me on the AP. We need an HFD Glossary... :)

ahh that one was over board on my end. those aren't well known, its more of a friends living room lingo.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I figured out Schiano an Bacon Egg and Cheese. Had no idea what AP was.

Reaction Score

For the last time it is NOT ABOUT FLIPPING!!! Do you hear me? It's about kids commiting who aren't really commiting. We are their safety net.

Plenty of kids commit somewhere and then change their mind. I get that.

These kids we are getting to "commit" have not made up their mind. They are accepting any date to the prom they can hoping for a hotter date later on.

Try and stay on topic and stop twisting my words. By the way...Please show my post where I said the program was struggling. Yeesh....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
How about we change the word "verbal" or "commit" to some other word, like "penciled" until we have the recruit's signature on the papers for signing day, when we can say they're "inked". I.e., Lagow is penciled in at UConn, but he still might get inked to TCU. Honestly I think we're talking semantics here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no legal or NCAA definition of "commit" or "verbal".

Reaction Score
How about we change the word "verbal" or "commit" to some other word, like "penciled" until we have the recruit's signature on the papers for signing day, when we can say they're "inked". I.e., Lagow is penciled in at UConn, but he still might get inked to TCU. Honestly I think we're talking semantics here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no legal or NCAA definition of "commit" or "verbal".

The NCAA definition of commit is when you sign the paper on 2/1. Per the NCAA rules, there are no commits prior to 2/1.

Reaction Score
It's painfully obvious that you have never followed college football recruiting before the last few months. But by all means, keep living in fantasy land.

For the last time it is NOT ABOUT FLIPPING!!! Do you hear me? It's about kids commiting who aren't really commiting. We are their safety net.

These kids we are getting to "commit" have not made up their mind. They are accepting any date to the prom they can hoping for a hotter date later on.

Try and stay on topic and stop twisting my words. By the way...Please show my post where I said the program was struggling. Yeesh....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i'm impressed

I've got a lot of fat friends, your guys didn't invent 'BEC'. Based on Maryland being involved my guess was that a certain coach was somehow convincing McDonald's to fry up some early apple pies.

Reaction Score

And? We didn't even used to be the backup.

Reaction Score
i don't know what everybody's bickering for, after we curb stomp NCState none of our commits will be looking elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom