Laglow hoping to hear from TCU | The Boneyard

Laglow hoping to hear from TCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A TCU scout reporter wrote a story on Laglow and his desire to hear from TCU. Hope nothing materializes and he ends up at Uconn. There is growing interest for him now that he's been preforming well at camps.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere on here that until we do well for another 8 years or so we should be ok with this.

The new motto should be "UConn, a great place to play unless you can find something better".

Reaction Score
I read somewhere on here that until we do well for another 8 years or so we should be ok with this.

The new motto should be "UConn, a great place to play unless you can find something better".

It's not that the coaches should be ok with it, it's that they have to be ok with it.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
A TCU scout reporter wrote a story on Laglow and his desire to hear from TCU. Hope nothing materializes and he ends up at Uconn. There is growing interest for him now that he's been preforming well at camps.

Sorry, but if we're going to discuss our own players and recruits, can we please spell their names correctly? It looks sloppy

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Sorry, but if we're going to discuss our own players and recruits, can we please spell their names correctly? It looks sloppy
I liked this, though I have to admit to misspelling Khairi Fortt's first name. I take full blame for not convincing him to transfer to UConn.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I liked this, though I have to admit to misspelling Khairi Fortt's first name. I take full blame for not convincing him to transfer to UConn.

I knew there was some reason

Reaction Score
It's not that the coaches should be ok with it, it's that they have to be ok with it.

Actually the coaches don't have to be ok with it. This group chooses to be ok with it.

Edsall would have no part of it. When it's a sure stud I can see it, but not for these guys.

When a kid commits it changes how coaches recruit. When a kid changes his mind in January it hurts the team.

Reaction Score
Actually the coaches don't have to be ok with it. This group chooses to be ok with it.

Edsall would have no part of it. When it's a sure stud I can see it, but not for these guys.

When a kid commits it changes how coaches recruit. When a kid changes his mind in January it hurts the team.

Name a single program that has had prolonged success that didn't play the flipping game.

And no, winning 7-8 games a year in the big east doesn't equal prolonged success. I think we're all hoping that UConn football becomes more than just Randy Edsall.

Reaction Score
Edsall is doing things at MD that disgusted him when he was here. When someone's job is on the line it makes them do funny things.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think I'm going to focus on the games and the kids already in our program. The more I follow recruiting the less I like college football.

I love when people finally make that plunge.

Reaction Score

Wow, I always read that as Laglow, I had to look at it twice, my bad

Reaction Score
If TCU offers Lagow, does he get bumped to 4 stars?

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting at all. But we have to play the game like everyone else.

Reaction Score
Name a single program that has had prolonged success that didn't play the flipping game.

And no, winning 7-8 games a year in the big east doesn't equal prolonged success. I think we're all hoping that UConn football becomes more than just Randy Edsall.

Why must I always have to explain myself twice to you. My whole issue is and has been kids commiting and then soon after we read or hear they are open to something better or hoping this school offers, etc

When I said coaches don't have to be ok with it I am talking about not being ok with committing and then letting the world know you are open to "better" or school specific offers .

If you are committed than you don't care if another offer comes a long. If you are committed you don't tell people you hope this school or that school offers. You are too busy building relationships with the coaches and the players at the school you committed to.

These kids haven't really committed, they've just taken the safe route just in case. Taking a spot and if they move on they screw up our coaches recruiting. If you are ok with that fine. I'm not

Edsall would have pulled their offers by now as well as he should. PP is getting used.

Either commit or don't commit None of this in the middle crap.

Kids flip a lot with the big schools. You didn't see this kind of maybe stuff when Edsall was here. PP is ok with it Edsall was not.

Can't be much clearer on where I stand.

By the way.....if a kid is hoping for a big time offer after committing and gets excited when he gets one, great......just keep it to yourself like 95% of the other recruits.

Reaction Score
If a recruit is looking to hear from elsewhere then he's NOT committed. It's that simple. If you look up the definition of commitment one can easily see that this kid is not committed. He has not decommitted from UCONN meaning he's still interested if TCU does not call. But that's not the same thing as being committed imo.

I hope the coaching staff focuses on Casey Conchron as the future QB anyways.

Reaction Score
Two points:
1. This article is on a TCU specific site & written for the benefit of their audience, so I'm inclined to use the take with a grain of salt approach.
2. If it's true however, how does this affect UConn's further Texas recruiting? R.L. stated that he was going to speak to other recruits about investigating playing for the Huskies. What kind of message does it send if, in essence, his actions are actually saying "Just Kidding!"?

F

fortebleedsblue

The question these recruits ask themselves more and more is if they would rather play big time football with big time bowls or in a lame duck conference that may end up on the cartoon network. Play teams like WVU, Texas, Oklahoma Florida St., Clemson, Oregan, USC, BAMA, Florida, Michigan, Ohio State or play teams like Boise, SMU, Temple, Rutgers. Louisville is having the same problem... Get use to it.

Coach: "come play for us and help us win conference championships"

Recruit: "cool ...what bowls would that land me in?"

Coach: "well we still have an affiliation with the Beef O' Brady bowl... Our ex Commisioner seemed to have a special fondness for that bowl sponsor"

Recruit: "ok I'll commit for now"

pj

Reaction Score
The question these recruits ask themselves more and more is if they would rather play big time football with big time bowls or in a lame duck conference that may end up on the cartoon network. Play teams like WVU, Texas, Oklahoma Florida St., Clemson, Oregan, USC, BAMA, Florida, Michigan, Ohio State or play teams like Boise, SMU, Temple, Rutgers. Louisville is having the same problem... Get use to it.

Coach: "come play for us and help us win conference championships"

Recruit: "cool ...what bowls would that land me in?"

Coach: "well we still have an affiliation with the Beef O' Brady bowl... Our ex Commisioner seemed to have a special fondness for that bowl sponsor"

Recruit: "ok I'll commit for now"

It's not going to play out that way. Either the Big East will get a big contract from NBC, national visibility on network TV, and have a major bowl for its champion in the rotation for the national playoffs, or it will be raided and UConn will be in the B1G or ACC.

Reaction Score
i think some of you are getting a little too upset considering this all originated with some TCU blogger's comments. if RutgersAl said one of our commits was hoping for a Rutgers offer would it really make you want to change the way we recruit? this guy's comment is meaningless. maybe Lagow will sing here, maybe he won't, but it won't have anything to do with this clown's comment. every year you hear about 7-8 guys hoping for other offers and every year one or two guys ends up going elsewhere, and every year we have a couple last minute replacements for them. it's all part of the process and nothing to get worked up over.

i agree with jimmy though, my goal is to get to the point where my following of recruiting begins on signing day. it used to be exciting to find out about the whole class all at once. this process is just tedious

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Recruiting process is fun to follow...if you are a Gator fan. For teams other than the elite...it is just a painful, slow, frustrating process. Even the elite programs have disappointments...but they are outweighed by the successes. When I say elite....I am talking about a dozen schools or so. Not observer's definition of elite.

I realized what a crapshoot recruiting was when I talked to a good friend of mine who played at Penn State about his recruiting process. This is someone who has their MBA and is very successful in business. He said he was interested in WVU also because he liked their uniforms. That was it..nothing else was appealing about the school except for uniforms..and they were seriously considered before picking PSU. He realizes now that it sounds ridiculous...but kids are kids and trying to figure what they are thinking is a waste of time...lol.

That was when I realized there is no way to apply logic to this process and you just need to sit back and hope for the best.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He said he was interested in WVU also because he liked their uniforms. That was it..nothing else was appealing about the school except for uniforms..and they were seriously considered before picking PSU.

GOTTA get some new unis.....STAT!! That's why we're missing out on recruits!

In all seriousness, your story was very insightful and shows that we can think that there are all these great things that attract recruits when in reality it can be as simple as the kid liked blue and gold!

I ignore recruiting and try not to get to hyped until signing day is over and the kid is officially a Husky

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc