Kyla Irwin Commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“They didn’t really give me a position,” Kyla Irwin said. “They said that the things I’m good at, I’ll do. And that the things I need to get better, I’ll improve.”

I really love this answer.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Assuming no serious injuries or departures, the roster for 2016-2017 already has 13 players, one more than the current roster (2016-2017: Boykin, Butler, Chong, Collier, Dangerfield, Edwards, Ekmark, Irwin, Lawlor, Nurse, Samuelson, Tuck, and Williams).

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Assuming no serious injuries or departures, the roster for 2016-2017 already has 13 players, one more than the current roster (2016-2017: Boykin, Butler, Chong, Collier, Dangerfield, Edwards, Ekmark, Irwin, Lawlor, Nurse, Samuelson, Tuck, and Williams).
I'm liking the sound of that team.

Reaction Score
I am not surprised that Geno and CD would want a kid like this. She's a gym rat who will work her tail off, do a lot of the dirty work and be all about the team. Coach's kid, too. Not every kid on a team is going to be a McD's AA.
Gardler was a coach's kid and she had some grit.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“I’m not sure that one thing really stuck out more,” she said. “It was a lot of things. Just knowing you’re going to be a part of UConn … I can’t even describe it. UConn speaks for itself. I’m just unbelievably happy." Oh to be a fly on the wall when Geno and Co. sprung the offer on her. http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...ndout-kyla-irwin-commits-to-powerhouse-UConn/

Welcome addition to the UConn family. Poise, grit, skill ... a powerful combination of traits often sought and found by UConn's great recruiters.

Reaction Score
Icebear said:
She likely will bring stuff similar to Gardler and that may be just what the staff are hoping for from her. Her mom was a very tough post player.

But will Kyla be able to run down court, put a bobby pin in her mouth, tuck back her hair with said bobby pin and immediately thereafter receive a pass and cooly drain a three pointer?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Kyla Irwin @kyirwin25 · 2h 2 hours ago
Beyond proud to announce that I have verbally committed and will be a part of the UConn Women's Basketball team, a dream come true
1f499.png

Reaction Score
Have to remember that Lawlor is a walk-on and Tuck could just say she is going to enter the WNBA draft in 2016 along with Moriah and Stewy… She could possibly be a top 5 pick that year and could consider it (don't kill me lol just saying it is a possibility.)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There will be hell to pay on the PSU board where Rene supporters still look for any excuse to slam Coquese. I won't report it because they'll slam me for gloating for UCONN.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
But will Kyla be able to run down court, put a bobby pin in her mouth, tuck back her hair with said bobby pin and immediately thereafter receive a pass and cooly drain a three pointer?
I understand she is already practicing that move with either hand.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Doesn't Geno like to keep his team at 12 to 13 players? Will he consider going to 15 if there are other players from the 2016 class interested?

Reaction Score
Remember, coaches cannot talk about recruits. Trust Geno. He knows whose coming, considering it or out of the running. I'm thinking she reminds me of Handsmyer. I used to love Handsmyer's grit and abitlity to mix it up.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I am curious about the rankings, but if Geno wanted her, that's more than enough for me. Nine national championships says his player evaluation and development are miles beyond reproach.

Welcome Kyla!

Reaction Score

I love it! If she can, she'll be a true Husky who can help us win games!

Reaction Score

I love it! If Kyla can, she'll be a true Husky who can help us win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom