KState Will Not Release Leticia Romero | Page 6 | The Boneyard

KState Will Not Release Leticia Romero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Transfers do not sign to the best of my knowledge a National LOI. So there is at least one error in the article if that is correct?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Hey Pap; I am willing to bet that Pres. Shulz has not found my thoughts very welcome! :D I have been sharing my thoughts with him several times a day, whenever it occurs to me. I hope and trust that a couple of million others have been sharing with him as well.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Hey Pap; I am willing to bet that Pres. Shulz has not found my thoughts very welcome! :D I have been sharing my thoughts with him several times a day, whenever it occurs to me. I hope and trust that a couple of million others have been sharing with him as well.
I wrote him again today. Thus far, no response. Imagine that! (I suspect this is about as effective as writing your congressman but it can't hurt and it makes me feel better.)

Like most things, if enough people bring a total storm down on these guys they WILL cave.... probably "for the good of a foreign student-athlete even though she knew the rules going in".

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tweet by a writer at S.I. (Note: Meyers will have a problem with his choice of words. :) )

Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples 5h
The latest twist in the Leticia Romero hostage crisis makes Kansas State look even dumber. http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/mtsu/2014/05/23/mtsu-can-talk-transfer/9522089/…
Yes I do. (not that it matters)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

I took you advice Elz and wrote to the president...and since there is no restriction on political conversation on the good Prez' account, I filled out the argument that I crept around above, and directly queried whether this is just an example of local culture as evidenced in the attitudes and policy's adopted by local government, not unlike parallel examples in Iran and Saudi Arabia.

I suggested that aside from resigning himself; he might ameliorate the situation by firing the athletic director and disbanding the committee,
this weekend.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What these clowns may not realize is that it is not just the University that is getting a black eye from this. Their own professioual futures are getting slimed as well. I have been trying to make them aware of that daily.;)

Reaction Score
I emailed this guy.... and it wasn't pretty.

Kirk H. Schulz
kirks@k-state.edu
President, Kansas State University

Here's mine:

Kirk H. Schulz
kirks@k-state.edu
President, Kansas State University

Sir,
I am writing this letter with the highest respect for your office. Please understand that WCBB is a very important subject for me. I am a very long term and dedicated UConn Husky fan and have become aware of your schools actions on behalf of this player through our sports forum.

Your schools actions against this young woman are now being scrutinized by the largest college BB fan base in the country, both men's and women's.

I understand the schools concerns about tampering and if offered proof, I might take your side of the discussion. Unfortunately I do not see anything other than your school destroying a weaker opponent for no discernable reason. This does not seem to be something that should exist in the world of US WCBB, or any college sport for that matter.

Just so you are aware, UConn Husky nation exists in every corner of the country right now. We have decided that you will not prevail in this instance to destroy this young lady. The entire nation is being brought up to speed by the UConn Boneyard (BB forum) that includes the men's fans as well.

Every current and future college BB player, both men and women are now aware of what you are doing. It is being broadcast to every corner of the land. Your BB program will now survive this type of publicity. I would advise you to cease and desist. Perhaps an apology should also be forthcoming to avoid the firestorm heading your way.

Sincerely,

Watanabe (Boneyard handle)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Here's mine:

Sincerely,

Watanabe (Boneyard handle)

In such an instance, I sign my name and list affiliations.
In my view, the effect of the excellent sentiments are weakened if the writer chooses to remain anonymous.

Reaction Score
I posted the following e-mail on the FREE LETICIA ROMERO post and thought it fits here as well! No matter whether you use the wording, HOSTAGE or BLACKMAIL, or what-ever this is still wrong! And now it appears that KS State will not budge no matter what the outside world says or does, they are sticking to their side and circling the wagons for a long fight!

I have just sent the following e-mails to John Currie, Pat Bosco, and Kirk Shultz,:

To: John Currie, Athletic Director Kansas State University
Pat Bosco, University Policy Committee
Kirk Shultz, University President

As a huge WBB fan, both College and WNBA levels, I have been appalled at the lack of humanity the Kansas State Academic and Athletic Departments have shown Leticia Romero, in her battle to get her simple right to transfer to a University of her choice!
The horror story of Ms. Romero being held hostage by your University has gone viral! The WBB world has hopefully organized to get the word out to ALL potential Kansas State recruits in ALL sports, not just WBB, from going to Kansas State, thus leading to the destruction of the University's Athletic Department!
How can you call yourselves "educators"? What can possibly be gained by your heartless actions and policies?
Have you not gotten the word that SLAVERY has been banned in the USA since the mid 1800's?
I hope you all wake up and come to your senses and allow Leticia Romero her transfer papers without any restrictions!

Yours for WBB,
Rick Sherman
New London, CT

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Sherm, that is old news and the committee declined to reconsider. No one can email the committee directly, as their identities are secret.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
What in the world is wrong with that athletics department? Let Leticia go!

Reaction Score
Geno should schedule a home & home with Middle TN for 2015-16, organize a Leticia rights appreciation day for ESPN to cover

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Their athletic dept facebook page is now accepting comments. There seem to be quite a few. I hope it continues.

Reaction Score
If I am ever a head coach on the college level, I would have no problem releasing a player so that they could attend school elsewhere. I understand the part about wanting kids to honor their choices and be responsible. But if a kids is not happy at your school, why make it that much more complicated for the kid? Talk about the stress, the missed classes, and problem several other problems added on, all because some person with an ego wants to prove a point.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Judd Mourning ‏@Juddmourning 18h
@JayBilas as a K-Stater and former hooper under Altman I am embarrassed over the Romero situation. What needs to happen to fix it?

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 17h
@Juddmourning @kstate_pres @John_Currie I was an easy decision. Twice. Clearly, there was pettiness and vindictiveness in the decision.

Judd Mourning ‏@Juddmourning 17h
@JayBilas @kstate_pres @John_Currie I agree but something is not adding up. Seems like an EASY decision. And it's turned into a PR nightmare

Reaction Score
In such an instance, I sign my name and list affiliations.
In my view, the effect of the excellent sentiments are weakened if the writer chooses to remain anonymous.

Did u do anything like an email? I guess after being critical of someone it's always best to take a nap instead of helping to correct an injustice. Good thing you trolled my email, did I spell all my words corrrrectly?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Did u do anything like an email? Of Course

I guess after being critical of someone it's always best to take a nap instead of helping to correct an injustice. Good thing you trolled my email, did I spell all my words corrrrectly?

Bit of an overreaction, Neh?
Little late too, just noticed?

Reaction Score
Bit of an overreaction, Neh?
Little late too, just noticed?
Yeah, just noticed. I keep thinking we are all on the same page here and it gets my hackles up when it feels like I get back stabbed.
Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog