Krajewski broken collarbone, out 6-8 weeks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Krajewski broken collarbone, out 6-8 weeks

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
His passing got more accurate as the game went on. Wow.
Maybe we should break all our QB collarbones am I right?

I remember a play were he got popped in the shoulder and was very slow to get up (not the targeting). Probably happened then.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I broke my collar bone playing football. I just had to wear a strap across my body/shoulders to keep it immobilized for four weeks.

If he needed surgery, it must have been really messed up (that’s a technical medical term).

Reaction Score
Tom Matte was the HB on the Unitas Colts that had to come in to win games after several QBs went IR. #41. Think he played some QB in college. Pre-Earl Morrall.

Guess I’m really old.
He had the plays written on his sleeve. Unheard of in an era when quarterbacks actually called their own plays. ( except Cleveland. Paul Brown alternated ends who carried in the next play).

Reaction Score
Who's the emergency wildcat QB? Skanes played the position in HS, Rose might have a future playing Tight End on Sunday's so you can't change his position. Miles Foerster the bell tolls for thee.

We have no luck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Delaware almost beat Pitt this week. We just don't have the coaching staff to make that happen. And none of 3 inexperienced QB's are going to change that fact.

I feel like Krajewski could have a bright future in the right situation and hope he recovers quickly. But when we have a chance to take the momentum of the game this week (and we will), the proof will not be whether a QB makes a great individual play, but whether the coaches panic, hesitate or stare at the play book until they bail and call a TO. Or there's confusion and a penalty, or a fumble. Either the offense is in sync and blocking and just being efficient or it isn't.

First string QB back in this week. So show us what you were working on for the last 6 months. At home against a mediocre team can we compete and look like an offense that at least does something well consistently? Or are we still a struggling work in progress without the progress. Whether QB A, B, or C is better than the other is secondary to whether the foundation of an actual plan is solid and we can execute a competent scheme. Can we? Do we have one? This would seem to be a measuring stick game to determine whether we're moving forward or just stuck in the past trying to get by on the cheap. Our players are as good as Delaware's. I'm fairly confident of at least that. Can our coaches show us they can run an offense? This would be a good week to show it.

Reaction Score
too bad y’all didnt teach him how to slide.

Wasn't there a targeting call on that slide? Not sure if it was that one but I recall the defender hitting him high and probably on the collarbone. Steven Krajewski looked like he was hurting when he got up and was slow to get up.

Reaction Score
Delaware almost beat Pitt this week
After Pitt played well against Ped St and pulled an upset of UCF, NFW their players were overconfident facing a Delaware team with NO impressive wins. By contrast, the Blue Hens’ players themselves were likely pumped up after being trounced 2 weeks before and sneaking out a 1 point win over Penn. Better examples likely exist to support the post.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Was looking forward to seeing either Krajewski or Zegiotis get some game action against some of the very bad teams on our schedule. Seeing Beaudry, who will be gone in 8 games, doesn't really do much for me as a fan, or for the program.

I know the reason we've sucked is because we haven't developed any 5th year redshirt seniors, but what the hell, gives us something to watch or to care about.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As a "Superfan" by Jimmy S. I will continue to support the team as I have the past five years. Yes the worse five years since they moved in The Rent and yet I jeer. How horrible, huh.

I don't like seeing them lose and last year was the hardest year ever, but I do believe the team is heading in the right directions even if it is slow.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Was looking forward to seeing either Krajewski or Zegiotis get some game action against some of the very bad teams on our schedule. Seeing Beaudry, who will be gone in 8 games, doesn't really do much for me as a fan, or for the program.

I know the reason we've sucked is because we haven't developed any 5th year redshirt seniors, but what the hell, gives us something to watch or to care about.

Beaudry has two years remaining including this year.

Reaction Score
too bad y’all didnt teach him how to slide.
Pretty sure when he was he took a cheap shot. Not all qbs go down. Obviously he’s tough if he cracked his collarbone early enough and kept playing. Kudos to that

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pretty sure when he was he took a cheap shot. Not all qbs go down. Obviously he’s tough if he cracked his collarbone early enough and kept playing. Kudos to that

certainly is tough. but he took hits because he didnt know how to slide. coaching failure across multiple levels.

Reaction Score
certainly is tough. but he took hits because he didnt know how to slide.
Should probably work on it. It’s that southern rush propst ball. The kids a winner and competitor try’s to get every yard he can. Bet he learns how to when he comes back

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Should probably work on it. It’s that southern rush propst ball. The kids a winner and competitor try’s to get every yard he can. Bet he learns how to when he comes back

lol yeah good players avoid unnecessary contact because... a couple of yards are less valuable than your collarbone.

but if you wanna believe its better for a qb to be tough is than smart go crazy.

Reaction Score
lol yeah good players avoid unnecessary contact because... a couple of yards are less valuable than your collarbone.

but if you wanna believe its better for a qb to be tough is than smart go crazy.
To eachs own I seen him play since he transferred to Georgia. He was deff a winner and as you say good player. Check the stats and articles on him. Proofs in the pudding

Reaction Score

Also there’s a time to slide and a time not too. First down yardage and not take a hit go down. He obviously knew he had to hit the turf and got lit up like a Christmas tree when he did. So what’s the answer? Slide get rocked don’t slide get rocked? Outcome is the same. Pretty sure many qbs in hs college and even pros have been injured by sliding after taking a cheap shot. Sometimes it’s better to deliver the blow than take it

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also there’s a time to slide and a time not too. First down yardage and not take a hit go down. He obviously knew he had to hit the turf and got lit up like a Christmas tree when he did. So what’s the answer? Slide get rocked don’t slide get rocked? Outcome is the same. Pretty sure many qbs in hs college and even pros have been injured by sliding after taking a cheap shot. Sometimes it’s better to deliver the blow than take it

lol do you really need me to dig up my real time group texts from the game. he got lit up consistently because he didnt know how to avoid contact. he was failed by every coach he’s had.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

@noeynox

Someone actually called it. There are 30 posts of the same theme.

7FF6116D-C678-4133-9ADF-AD6B77327D8C.png

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Well. Captain Obvious would state we are more than likely going to see a lot of hand offs to Mensah and Thompkins, regardless of deficit.

Reaction Score
Not sure who his doc is, but if it is Bob Arciero at UConn he has one of the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom