Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

BCF

Reaction Score
I'm gonna go ahead and say Storrs has just as much Dominican food as Dayton, Ohio. That is: none.
You never been to Hartford I am guessing? And I am sure their are Dominicane on campus. The state of Kansas has none.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
If Hurley and the staff could add Brea, McNeeley and Reed, that would be a nice haul. Improvement from the returning playerd plus those 3, plus the 2 incoming freshmen, would pretty much fill what we need and give us a shot at a repeat.

I wonder though, if Hurley would Iike to find a defensive perimeter stopper who can also take his man off the dribble to replace Castle, but they're extremely hard to find. I guess if they can play solid team D and light it up from all over the floor, we can probably win without this type of guard. It will be really interesting to see what pieces Danny ends up adding via the portal.

I wouldn't mind them adding another 5 who can score and/or defend. We won it all the past two years going only 2 deep at the 5, but would love to pick up another 5 (4/5 combo) like Danny Wolf. Being able to rotate 3 bigs where you don't have to worry so much about foul trouble would be huge, but I guess I'm getting a bit greedy. I'm not implying any of the current players be pushed out, but if we were to have enough ships, why not?
Pitino proved that scholarships limits are no longer limiting in the days of NIL.
Bre, Hausen and Reed would be just as great IMHO. I think folks are sleeping on Singare, he can certainly contribute as a rotational 5 next year.

Reaction Score
Brea is a hard guy to read. He is not an emotional guy like Spencer. He is like a silent assassin. But he is a competitor. Not afraid to get a tough rebound or take the ball to the hoop when they try running him off the 3pt line (which just about every team tried to do). From what I have seen, he would fit perfectly in Hurley's offensive system but I am no way near qualified to make that call. I 100% trust Mr. Hurley and his staff.

ETA: Another issue with him - and this was true watching pretty much everyone in a Dayton uniform that did not have Holmes on the back of their jersey, defense might be an issue.

If there's one thing I'm 100% comfortable with by now--it's our staff turning nearly any D1-level player into at least a serviceable defender.

I remember watching Joey C in his first few games thinking "oof...needs to dramatically improve his D or else we can't play him." And lo & behold, by the last 1/3 of the season, he wasn't a liability on D.

Same story (albeit to a lesser extent) with Killa Cam.

My guess is we wouldn't even be pursuing him if the staff doesn't think we can improve his defense.

On a related note: I'm gonna predict that next season is the season Glu finally improves his D enough that he gets 6-10 quality minutes/game. Maybe more.

Reaction Score
Yes, but the proximity to Dominican food (Willimantic) is probably closer than whatever the equivalent to Dayton is.

There's Mexican and Puerto Rican food in Willi and some other Carribean places IIRC, but no Dominican.

Reaction Score
I don't see Kansas or Kentucky as a threat this time. As someone who is married to a Dominican from the Bronx. She can't go 3 days without Dominican food. CT has around 60k Dominicans living here. After 4 years in Ohio. I know he wants to be closer to the Bronx. Add in the basketball side and what uconn has done with transfers I think we are in a good position. SJU worries me more than Kansas. View attachment 99724
If he was basing his college choice on his nationality and food options we would be better off if he was Puerto Rican.

BCF

Reaction Score
What's the best one? Mi Sabor?
They are one of my favorites. But without trying all of them it's hard to say. But that's the point. There are a lot of options in that area. None in Kansas. Plus he can always go home to the Bronx on the weekends.

BCF

Reaction Score
If he was basing his college choice on his nationality and food options we would be better off if he was Puerto Rican.
C'mon man. Obviously that's not the only reason. Basketball wise is there really much difference between Kansas and uconn. Of course I am biased. But the little things such as being close to home and having access to Latin American cuisine have a lot to do with comfort which is also important

Reaction Score
True, but if that's what he was basing his college decision on, we should look elsewhere ;)

Reaction Score
I don't see Kansas or Kentucky as a threat this time. As someone who is married to a Dominican from the Bronx. She can't go 3 days without Dominican food. CT has around 60k Dominicans living here. After 4 years in Ohio. I know he wants to be closer to the Bronx. Add in the basketball side and what uconn has done with transfers I think we are in a good position. SJU worries me more than Kansas. View attachment 99724
Any spots you recommend for Dominican food in NYC or CT?

BCF

Reaction Score
McNeely would be a much better get- just fyi- either one would be nice- McNeely is the real deal & by far the better player.
Why is he a better person? That's a weird statement?

Reaction Score
There's Mexican and Puerto Rican food in Willi and some other Carribean places IIRC, but no Dominican.
No there definitely are, I grew up there. For sure, yes, there are primarily more Mexican and Puerto Rican spots, but I know for sure there are a couple Dominican spots.

Reaction Score
No there definitely are, I grew up there. For sure, yes, there are primarily more Mexican and Puerto Rican spots, but I know for sure there are a couple Dominican spots.

I lived in Willi as of 4 years ago. I visit friends there at least twice a month. There are no Dominican food spots. The general Latin grocery store is the best you're going to do. I don't know what to tell you man; good effort, but this is a rather stupid thing to dig your heels in about. People in Willi go to Hartford on New London for decent Dominican food.

This is a silly, inconsequential point anyways. He's committing to play basketball and make money. Not because of local food choices. He lives in Dayton--f%*^ing--Ohio for God's sake.

BCF

Reaction Score
You see the flag? It matters. If you ever been to Washington heights then you know.
1000015358.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm gonna go ahead and say Storrs has just as much Dominican food as Dayton, Ohio. That is: none.
Southbridge Mass is just outsde of walking distance from campus. I can't speak of the restaurants, but they have a decent sized Dominican population.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Waterbury probably has the highest concentration of Dominicans in the state and they have several Dominican restaurants. I hope we don't lose him to Teikyo Post.
Lol…or UConn-Waterbury. Is that still there?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey if it helps him commit, I'll order him doordash once a week and deliver it to Werth. Their Mofongo is dynamite
That's a NCAA violation, unless, of course, you hire him for NIL purposes, then you can buy him a car every week, if you want.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom