Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hermann is a complete disaster. Every time I begin to think that Rutgers in the B1G will be good for their football program, I am reminded that Hermann will be the person responsible for hiring their next coach. She can't possibly get that hire right if she can't get something as simple as honoring a kid as deserving as Eric Legrand.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hermann is a complete disaster. Every time I begin to think that Rutgers in the B1G will be good for their football program, I am reminded that Hermann will be the person responsible for hiring their next coach. She can't possibly get that hire right if she can't get something as simple as honoring a kid as deserving as Eric Legrand.
She's perfect for Rutgers in every way.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If there was ever a case where a school needed a "do over" it is Rutgers. Re-hire Pernetti and Schiano and be happy with what you had/have.

Reaction Score

It wasn't her responsibility to honor him. I'm just laughing at her for what she said to the kid.

Reaction Score
Wtf did Hermann do here? This was all Barchi, and when he decided not to go with Eric he made her call him.

Nothing to do with Julie here.

Reaction Score
Wtf did Hermann do here? This was all Barchi, and when he decided not to go with Eric he made her call him.

Nothing to do with Julie here.

Jay, if LeGrand was accurate in quoting her, this is hardly how an administrator interacts with someone. Agree it was Barchi but her quote raised eyebrows if accurately reported.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
DC, not NYC for the B1G

ESPN College BBall ‏@ESPNCBB 37m
Sources: D.C. to host Big Ten tourney in '17: http://es.pn/1mykga1

Reaction Score
Eric tweeted it. Not the best of moves but he seemed really hurt by what happened, and I don't blame him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Upstater and JayRU - if you guys want to argue the semantics of what reportedly the Rutgers AD said to a former player over a Rutgers commencement ceremony ( and God knows you will endlessly) take it out of key tweets for Christ sake.

Reaction Score
Upstater and JayRU - if you guys want to argue the semantics of what reportedly the Rutgers AD said to a former player over a Rutgers commencement ceremony ( and God knows you will endlessly) take it out of key tweets for Christ sake.

No one is arguing. What argument? This is civilized. Look up the word. The thread is 34 pages. If we're going to pollute the board with extra threads to talk about tweets when one or two posts here will suffice, this will become an unholy mess.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
I'm with you. . .crystal clear. Who would pay $5,000 when you can get it for $5?! ;)

Well yeah - but for $5 you also get IT (STD).

Reaction Score
One's the Mecca of college basketball and the other is a gaudy whorehouse in Brooklyn.

They're both about 18,000 seats.
You are a little harsh on Barclay's Center. Have you ever been there? I went to the Maryland game. It was quite a nice arena. Way better than anything in CT as a matter of fact. I agree it is a pain to get to and the Garden is a much easier commute, but the venue was actually better than MSG.

Reaction Score
Barclays is better than MSG but it doesn't have the same aura as MSG. I think most would agree with that.

Reaction Score
Barclays is better than MSG but it doesn't have the same aura as MSG. I think most would agree with that.

Haven't been to Barclays yet, but I imagine you are probably right in the sense that Barclays is nicer (as it is brand new), but MSG has the aura. Its like the new Yankees Stadium. It is very nice, much nicer than the old stadium, but it lacks a quality that the old stadium had.

Reaction Score
The thing is, us being Rutgers and UCONN fans, we shouldn't think like that being the proverbial new kids on the block. Don't let the old timers have their 'auras', it just gives them an advantage that isn't real.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Haven't been to Barclays yet, but I imagine you are probably right in the sense that Barclays is nicer (as it is brand new), but MSG has the aura. Its like the new Yankees Stadium. It is very nice, much nicer than the old stadium, but it lacks a quality that the old stadium had.

MSG Just went through a major renovation. It's not the same building it was for Taliek's 35 footer let alone the Garden in which Willis Reed played. I haven't been there for a hockey game, but the Knicks have been bad to mediocre for so long, I doubt the MSG aura exists as it did in the past.

Reaction Score
It only exists in the minds of the media that is stuck in the past. The problem is that their opinions are amplified so much more than anyone else's.

Reaction Score
Agree with businesslawyer...been to basketball games at most of the major arenas in America over the years and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing like MSG. Nothing is even close. The atmosphere and the electricity are evident when you are 5-10 blocks from the arena. Its NYC for gosh sake...it has no equal. You can grab a steak dinner or a slice...you can walk to MSG or take the subway....regardless, the energy is unparalleled.

Sure it's an oval shaped arena like most others, but the history is the history, regardless of the seat configuration and you feel it from jump street.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree with businesslawyer...been to basketball games at most of the major arenas in America over the years and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing like MSG. Nothing is even close. The atmosphere and the electricity are evident when you are 5-10 blocks from the arena. Its NYC for gosh sake...it has no equal. You can grab a steak dinner or a slice...you can walk to MSG or take the subway....regardless, the energy is unparalleled.

Sure it's an oval shaped arena like most others, but the history is the history, regardless of the seat configuration and you feel it from jump street.

It's interesting to see the variation in views on this. I think it is special due to the history, and is special for UConn fans because of our particular history. My first trip to MSG was for our semi-final win in the NIT, which we won the next night (while I was back on campus). So it has those kinds of memories for me.

But objectively, as a place to travel to for a game? It isn't high on my list. I think you are either a NY person or you're not. I'm not. I can't stand the city really, it's my least favorite major city of all that I've visited. But people who love NY assume everyone else does.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Players and fans alike will say that a game in the garden is special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom