Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The only way the ACC adds another team, never mind adding two, is if ESPN funds it by upping their contract. I don't see this happening.

Reaction Score
Roomie, I didn't see anything all that bad in there. Seemed like the same threat of breaking away and changing the rules. Could they really do this? Any legal ramifications given the impact on universities left out of the P5? I can't see institutions (and their politicians) letting this breakaway republic ruin what schools have worked so hard to achieve. Can you see the CT legislature sitting still while UConn becomes a 2nd class citizen. It will make for great soap opera.

The'...I think this tweet was born out in the newest thread posted this morning re: the NCAA's plan.

I am concerned for no other reason that CR has never benefited UCONN and we are always on outside looking in. The challenge for us is that over the long term we will not be able to financially sustain the commitment assuming current revenues deriving from our AAC affiliation stay the same. (after of course the funds from Big East collapse are doled out).. over time UCONN will only be able to sustain this level of financial commitment with substantial state aid. I do not think our legislature will write open-ended checks to subsidize the athletic dept long term. Admittedly, these are long range concerns, but if this new governance structure does not trigger more realignment resulting in UCONN in BiG or ACC, we really are in for a long, slow decline.

Reaction Score
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt17m
Maryland files a $157 million counterclaim vs. ACC. Alleges Wake Forest/Pittsburgh officials tried to recruit unnamed B1G schools to leave.

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt15m
This counterclaim was filed in North Carolina, because the Maryland issues have been stayed until the N.C. court resolves matters there.

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt12m
Alleges that b/c of "counsel and direction...received from ESPN," the ACC has tried to lure other schools "to extract more lucrative terms."

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt9m
From the Maryland AG office: "We allege the ACC is confiscating NCAA monies that belong to Maryland when it has no right to do so."

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt5m
Office of the Attorney General spokesman says "The Big Ten schools involved must remain confidential until trial or discovery." Darn.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I'd like to know when the offer was made. I highly doubt that any B1G school would accept. Before Maryland left, I thought the ACC might have a shot at luring Penn State, but that was remote.

What other unnamed schools besides Penn St would even make sense for the ACC to offer? Ohio State???????????????????? hahahaha

Reaction Score
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt17m
Maryland files a $157 million counterclaim vs. ACC. Alleges Wake Forest/Pittsburgh officials tried to recruit unnamed B1G schools to leave.

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt15m
This counterclaim was filed in North Carolina, because the Maryland issues have been stayed until the N.C. court resolves matters there.

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt12m
Alleges that b/c of "counsel and direction...received from ESPN," the ACC has tried to lure other schools "to extract more lucrative terms."

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt9m
From the Maryland AG office: "We allege the ACC is confiscating NCAA monies that belong to Maryland when it has no right to do so."

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt5m
Office of the Attorney General spokesman says "The Big Ten schools involved must remain confidential until trial or discovery." Darn.

You have to set up a dedicated thread to this! I am very interested in the alleged "counsel and direction" the ACC received from ESPN. This might have legs!

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
You have to set up a dedicated thread to this! I am very interested in the alleged "counsel and direction" the ACC received from ESPN. This might have legs!
More talk means more movement is inevitable. Soon...

I'm a million times ore confident than I was 5 minutes ago about us finding a landing spot in either the ACC or B1G.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score

And yes... ESPN's counsel... mwahhahaha! They are obviously trying to rip into B1G/Fox using the ACC, just as they did with the Big East.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn Dan said:
I'd like to know when the offer was made. I highly doubt that any B1G school would accept. Before Maryland left, I thought the ACC might have a shot at luring Penn State, but that was remote.

What other unnamed schools besides Penn St would even make sense for the ACC to offer? Ohio State???????????????????? hahahaha

PSU and Northwestern are the only possibilities and that is stretching the definition of "tried to recruit".

The important part of this is the potential discovery into the ACC's plans to raid other conferences and ESPN's involvement in the same.

Reaction Score
Would Maryland have inside information? Would GDF be called to testify? This could be fun.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
PSU and Northwestern are the only possibilities and that is stretching the definition of "tried to recruit".
It was two schools, so PSU is a definite, but maybe Rutgers???? If they moved (99.9% unlikely), would leave Maryland on an island.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

The important part of this is the potential discovery into the ACC's plans to raid other conferences and ESPN's involvement in the same.
Yes - a great development.....and so, it makes me also think more about the conspiracy at ESPN with all its upper level mgmt. from Syracuse/BC and any other place not UConn.

Reaction Score
Can someone post a link to the article a create a new thread? Would appreciate it.
This might be what we need to set more things in motion. At the very least, it will get ugly and be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
It was two schools, so PSU is a definite, but maybe Rutgers???? If they moved (99.9% unlikely), would leave Maryland on an island.
Latest tweet says it was two B1G schools East of the Mississippi.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes - a great development.....and so, it makes me also think more about the conspiracy at ESPN with all its upper level mgmt. from Syracuse/BC and any other place not UConn.

And if it is a conspiracy...so? What does that change? Nothing. Maybe we can sue ESPN, but that's about it. It's also unlikely.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And if it is a conspiracy...so? What does that change? Nothing. Maybe we can sue ESPN, but that's about it. It's also unlikely.

Yep, I don't disagree with you at all. I was just venting. All ESPN conspiracy talk is a case of 'so what' because there is nothing that can be done about it. We have to find other means to advance the UConn case and kicking ESPN in the shins isn't one of them.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Stinger92860 said:
Would Maryland have inside information? Would GDF be called to testify? This could be fun.

They may or may not have all the info depending if an MD rep was on various membership committees. But, they know enough to show where the bodies are buried.

I don't think they mean RU, though they may have approached them at some point. I wouldn't rule out OSU or even Michigan as someone they reached out to. But, I am certain it was a quick, no followed by laughter. Only a minority factions within PSU would have entertained it at all, then said no.

It's likely a bluff by MD to force the ACC to drop their case. As in, let us go without penalty or we tell what we know about the ACC and ESPN's role in CR.

Reaction Score
It's likely a bluff by MD to force the ACC to drop their case. As in, let us go without penalty or we tell what we know about the ACC and ESPN's role in CR.

From your lips to Kemba's ears.

Reaction Score

just read your post now, and had posted something similar in another thread (I gotta be quicker) . No doubt those were the 2 targets.

Reaction Score
Tweet of the Week!

Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPNJan 14
So Maryland files suit vs. ACC. Next it sues Military Bowl because Terps couldn't beat Marshall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom