Kentucky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Considering Lunardi had them as a 2 (although Palm had then as a 6) going into last night its safe that they are not in any danger of missing the tournament, the SEC is so bad that I would be supirsed if they lost any more than 4 games down the stretch.

I wonder how Marcus Lee feels being a top 25 recruit and MCDAA and not being able to get in games?

Reaction Score
Hate to be the conspiracy guy, but college basketball has lost some of its amateur appeal to me. By which I mean, the media has taken what used to be a fairly level playing field and made it somewhat tilted. This year is a good example. I got sick of hearing about Wiggins, Parker, and Randall. But really, it was just as much about hyping the 3 schools as it was the kids. You're a 13 year old kid out there and all you hear is "Oh Baby! Jabari! He's dynamite. Coach k. Coach Cal. Wiggins!" and how long before those schools become your goal?

So now we have a system where huge money is involved, and ESPN and others have a vested interest to pump up their top 10 or so programs, which are on constantly, and it's getting to the point where the "big boys" have a recruiting/money advantage due to media bias.

Not a novel concept, I know, but I'm writing it down to appease myself.

Reaction Score
The Harrison twins both look kind of gay to me. Not saying gay is bad or anything. They just both look like they are gay.

Reaction Score
Hate to be the conspiracy guy, but college basketball has lost some of its amateur appeal to me. By which I mean, the media has taken what used to be a fairly level playing field and made it somewhat tilted. This year is a good example. I got sick of hearing about Wiggins, Parker, and Randall. But really, it was just as much about hyping the 3 schools as it was the kids. You're a 13 year old kid out there and all you hear is "Oh Baby! Jabari! He's dynamite. Coach k. Coach Cal. Wiggins!" and how long before those schools become your goal?

So now we have a system where huge money is involved, and ESPN and others have a vested interest to pump up their top 10 or so programs, which are on constantly, and it's getting to the point where the "big boys" have a recruiting/money advantage due to media bias.

As someone who loves basketball, I used to be an enormous MCBB fan, frequent poster on main NCAA hoops boards, etc. Now, for the reasons you have mentioned, I only watch UCONN games and the NBA. The whole CR deal was the icing on top. The American system of "amateur" athletics is absurd and becomes more and more of a joke as the years go on.

Reaction Score
Kind of have to call you out on that comment, not really acceptable.

How about "effeminate;" would you deem that to be acceptable? I just wanted to run it by you first to make sure that it merited your seal of approval...

Reaction Score
The Harrison twins both look kind of gay to me. Not saying gay is bad or anything. They just both look like they are gay.
You're not "saying" gay is bad, but you're sure as hell implying it. Otherwise, why say it at all? See?

It'd be like saying, "hey, those twins look like Nickelback fans. Not that there's anything wrong with being a nickelback fan." Then why point it out?

So, regarding the twins, why point it out? What if they exhibit traits that you consider indicative of homosexuality. Why point it out?

Were you:

Attempting to reveal a secret that they may be keeping?
Attacking their masculinity?
Demonstrating your startlingly acute gaydar?
Filling out their character by pointing out nuanced facets of their demeanor?

Or,

Were you just being a ?

Cuz me, I think you were just being a , I think that you view gay men as inferior to hetero men, and I think that you just couldn't resist the urge to be a dooshbag - and dude, unlike being born gay, there IS something wrong with choosing to be a dooshbag.

Reaction Score
You're not "saying" gay is bad, but you're sure as hell implying it. Otherwise, why say it at all? See?

It'd be like saying, "hey, those twins look like Nickelback fans. Not that there's anything wrong with being a nickelback fan." Then why point it out?

So, regarding the twins, why point it out? What if they exhibit traits that you consider indicative of homos e xuality. Why point it out?

Were you:

Attempting to reveal a secret that they may be keeping?
Attacking their masculinity?
Demonstrating your startlingly acute gaydar?
Filling out their character by pointing out nuanced facets of their demeanor?

Or,

Were you just being a ?

Cuz me, I think you were just being a , I think that you view gay men as inferior to hetero men, and I think that you just couldn't resist the urge to be a dooshbag - and dude, unlike being born gay, there IS something wrong with choosing to be a dooshbag.

I was just being a "" the same was others are being "d!cks" when they make fun of coach K for hugging men or Cooley for having bald spots.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

It includes having JayZ in the dressing room (I mean locker room) after winning the NC. Totally dirty program, but seems untouchable. If that was JC coming out on the court, the NCAA would have viewed the tape and decided on a four game penalty by now.

Reaction Score
I was just being a "" the same was others are being "d!cks" when they make fun of coach K for hugging men or Cooley for having bald spots.
No. Not the same. But you thinking they are the same explains why you wrote what you did.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ok experts. Just came across this article re Kentucky running out of time this season:

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/29/3059214/john-clay-in-one-and-done-world.html

It says "...
no matter how they play, the likes of Julius Randle, James Young, Aaron Harrison and his twin brother Andrew are all headed to the NBA at season's end. That was the bargain all along."

For those that watch a lot of hoop, are the Harrison twins good enough to get drafted? Overrated?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ok experts. Just came across this article re Kentucky running out of time this season:

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/29/3059214/john-clay-in-one-and-done-world.html

It says "...
no matter how they play, the likes of Julius Randle, James Young, Aaron Harrison and his twin brother Andrew are all headed to the NBA at season's end. That was the bargain all along."

For those that watch a lot of hoop, are the Harrison twins good enough to get drafted? Overrated?
That was the bargain all along? I hope that's in writing somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom