Kentucky Not Ranked | The Boneyard

Kentucky Not Ranked

Reaction Score
Wait...I thought I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago talking about what a great coach Cal is? You realize that our coach (who most agree is not cutting it) outcoached Calipari in 2014? This guy consistently has a crazy amount of talent and falls short of where he should be. His 1 championship was with Anthony Davis (a once in 20 years type of talent). And for those saying let's trade KO for Calipari...no thanks. I'd rather have a clean program than the dirt that his slime picks up.

Reaction Score
Have to defend him a little while also saying it's his fault. First kids don't learn the game like they used, in turn they are use natural gifts. They don't listen very well unless you find the one's that do so a full team of them has to be very difficult. But that's the model he provided the parents and the NBA dreams, how's that working for UK fans? LOL...guy can coach, not great but he's good just created his own monster.

Shows how much better a coach K is with a similar model.

Reaction Score
Wait...I thought I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago talking about what a great coach Cal is? You realize that our coach (who most agree is not cutting it) outcoached Calipari in 2014? This guy consistently has a crazy amount of talent and falls short of where he should be. His 1 championship was with Anthony Davis (a once in 20 years type of talent). And for those saying let's trade KO for Calipari...no thanks. I'd rather have a clean program than the dirt that his slime picks up.

KO coached circles around many top coaches in 2014, unfortunately that was the last time we've seen it...Coach Cal is not a great in-game X's and O's coach but he is arguably the best recruiter in the country which is a huge part of a coaches job. Guy only has 1 championship but he's made plenty of final fours and I think most fans would trade KO for him in a heartbeat right now.

Reaction Score
Yet Kentucky has 4 kids that could potentially go in the first round. I dont get it. Fultz went #1 on a bad team. Perhaps our bad season shouldnt hold back Jalen from entering the draft? Although I dont see him on any boards.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Have to defend him a little while also saying it's his fault. First kids don't learn the game like they used, in turn they are use natural gifts. They don't listen very well unless you find the one's that do so a full team of them has to be very difficult. But that's the model he provided the parents and the NBA dreams, how's that working for UK fans? LOL...guy can coach, not great but he's good just created his own monster.

Kids these days

Reaction Score
KO coached circles around many top coaches in 2014, unfortunately that was the last time we've seen it...Coach Cal is not a great in-game X's and O's coach but he is arguably the best recruiter in the country which is a huge part of a coaches job. Guy only has 1 championship but he's made plenty of final fours and I think most fans would trade KO for him in a heartbeat right now.
Coached circles around? Ummmmm

Reaction Score

I mean, K lost in the round of 32 last season with Giles, Tatum, Grayson Allen, Kennard, Amile Jefferson, Frank Jackson, etc. The year before that he had Brandon Ingram and got housed in the sweet 16. This season he already had a stacked roster when the best big man in college basketball fell into his lap and have still lost to BC and N.C. State.

He's obviously a great coach, but the biggest reason he's winning like he is is because he gets the best players every single year. Even Cal is settling for lesser guys now. The way it's all played out with the U.S.A. basketball and him picking under-qualified Duke guys for the teams and now him swimming in top five players every year is nauseating, especially when Cal's guys have outperformed his at the next level by quite a bit.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It's actually pretty pathetic the lack of success Calipari has had with the talent he has had.
He convinces all the top guys to sign, then parades them around at the NBA draft like he developed them.

It is very difficult to win a national championship, which is hard to understand as a UConn fan. But there are several coaches that would do better with the talent Calipari has acquired over the years.

The last 2 national champions-UNC and Nova- are built on a culture of developing their best players until senior year, while also mixing in young talent. Wichita St. is another good example.

I think we are starting to see that 1 and dones are not the formula for college success, but rather success in the headlines. Unless you get Anthony Davis.

Reaction Score
We almost lost to monmouth and Coppin State this year, but Thanks for the update on Kentucky!

It's comments like this that cause me to wonder if people are actually like this in the real world or if this is just the place they come to be miserable. This is clearly a thread about Kentucky. If you don't want to see a post about Kentucky or would like to continue to complain about the state of our program, you can click on any number of other threads. Not every expressed idea has to be connected to UConn basketball but thank you for keeping us in line since we clearly have a huge impact on the program.

Reaction Score
It's actually pretty pathetic the lack of success Calipari has had with the talent he has had.
He convinces all the top guys to sign, then parades them around at the NBA draft like he developed them.

It is very difficult to win a national championship, which is hard to understand as a UConn fan. But there are several coaches that would do better with the talent Calipari has acquired over the years.

The last 2 national champions-UNC and Nova- are built on a culture of developing their best players until senior year, while also mixing in young talent. Wichita St. is another good example.

I think we are starting to see that 1 and dones are not the formula for college success, but rather success in the headlines. Unless you get Anthony Davis.

The last two UNC teams have been built on a culture of signing nasty players out of high school and then keeping them against all odds to their junior and senior seasons. Incidentally, that might have something to do with why their recruiting has dropped off.

There are multiple ways to skin a cat. The top three teams in KenPom right now are Nova, Purdue, and Virginia. I don't think the Duke model where they take the best three high school basketball players on the planet every year will be going out of style any time soon, either. Last I checked they have a pretty damn good team and could win it again this season.

Reaction Score
Whoever called the squid a great coach was clueless. Ollie outcoached, with Calhoun's players, a mediocre squid with his players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom