Kentucky is PATHETIC! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentucky is PATHETIC!

Reaction Score
Yes, it is. We can all agree. It's still pathetic and reeks of sadness based on the interactions with their fanbase
You're acting the people on Rupp Rafters created that newspaper or wrote that headline.

Reaction Score
reading their fans demand huge payments for coaches, player, etc.. is a bit much for me. I can't say Connecticut (or any program for that matter) is much better. We are all in the race to buy wins and championships, but Kentucky fans are by far the worst in this regard.

Reaction Score
Pope is a good coach. He's going to succeed at Kentucky. They might not win the recruiting wars, but he's going to bring in shooters to run that offense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They should just hope he's the next Kevin Ollie.

caw

Reaction Score
The problem with this hire is Pope will never get 3-4 years he needs to build a program (one that UK fans say they want) properly.

They been complaining non stop that all Cal did was recruit 5* freshman and all butt hurt that their current class have pretty much all asked out. Now they want everyone of the 5* that are available nowHead bang

I think Pope is a good coach but do not think we will ever find out at UK.

If this was pre- NIL and all the portal movement I would agree. Now they can buy the players he wants/needs to quickly pull together a squad. He also has a pretty blank slate to fill the roster. Next year may be rough but for his year two he has zero excuses.

His problem is that while his teams play some interesting offense it was very flawed defensively. He is almost the inverse-Hurley in that he has a good offensive philosophy but needs to change how he coaches defense.

Reaction Score
If this was pre- NIL and all the portal movement I would agree. Now they can buy the players he wants/needs to quickly pull together a squad. He also has a pretty blank slate to fill the roster. Next year may be rough but for his year two he has zero excuses.

His problem is that while his teams play some interesting offense it was very flawed defensively. He is almost the inverse-Hurley in that he has a good offensive philosophy but needs to change how he coaches defense.
inverse-Hurley Pre-2023 season.

Reaction Score
The most entertaining fan board on the internet by far.

The bi-polar mood swings on that forum are an absolute joy to witness.

I've been over there lurking far more than I care to admit... It's legit watching the world's worst tennis match. They legit destroyed Cal on the way out for only recruiting five star guys and then lost their collective minds when they hired Pope because he wouldn't be able to lure 5 star guys. Then they got pissed that the Cal 5 star recruits left saying good riddance, we'll finally recruit authentically and now are clamoring to get McNeeley because they need a 5 star guy.

Reaction Score
The problem with this hire is Pope will never get 3-4 years he needs to build a program (one that UK fans say they want) properly.

They been complaining non stop that all Cal did was recruit 5* freshman and all butt hurt that their current class have pretty much all asked out. Now they want everyone of the 5* that are available nowHead bang

I think Pope is a good coach but do not think we will ever find out at UK.
This +100

Pope may very well develop into a very to great coach but rooting out the old culture and installing your own takes time for even the best coaches (see Dan Hurley for exhibit A).

If he’s not winning big by year three the entire state will be in meltdown mode and I’ll be here to watch every second of it.

Reaction Score
Anything to sell papers and generate clicks. Sure enough the OP went into the trap like a mouse going for the cheese.

Reaction Score
I've been over there lurking far more than I care to admit... It's legit watching the world's worst tennis match. They legit destroyed Cal on the way out for only recruiting five star guys and then lost their collective minds when they hired Pope because he wouldn't be able to lure 5 star guys. Then they got pissed that the Cal 5 star recruits left saying good riddance, we'll finally recruit authentically and now are clamoring to get McNeeley because they need a 5 star guy.
Me too … Rupps Rafters is pure gold … the UK fanbase is so entertaining. Fran Fraschilla commented on them being whacked and the immediate response is for him to get back to the job of Bill Self

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom