Karaban gets his own sandwich | The Boneyard

Karaban gets his own sandwich

Reaction Score
If any of you remember, in August 2022 I ran into Karaban at the local sandwich shop and we talked for a few minutes. He knows who I am but didn't know I was a huge UConn fan. Unfortunately I have not seen him since then. Well the place named a sandwich after him, Alex "The King" Karaban. I hope he's getting some NIL money for this.

I don't have an Instagram account so if someone could click on the post on Vin Bin's Instagram account below and link the post that would be great. My son gave me the screen shot so here it is. Pretty funny.

1703699281609.jpeg

Reaction Score
Love Vin Bin. Have gotten multiple sandwiches at the Marlboro one. Next time I go I'll get this (since I assume it will be at both this one and the one on 9 in Southboro).

Reaction Score
THIS is what the NIL stuff should be about.

If the Vin Bin owners see this - send me an email or DM. If you create a banner ad for your business, I'll run it here, gratis.
I'll mention it. Not too many UConn fans up here in Southbrough, MA though.

My son said we'll have to stop by later this week and try the sandwich.

Reaction Score

If the Vin Bin owners see this - send me an email or DM. If you create a banner ad for your business, I'll run it here, gratis.
It's what most people believed NIL would be about, but with no guidance or policies from the NCAA you get a free for all that's going to ruin "amateur" sports.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'll mention it. Not too many UConn fans up here in Southbrough, MA though.

My son said we'll have to stop by later this week and try the sandwich.

'That's why the offer is easy to make. :)

With that said, a fraction of 1% of monthly traffic is still hundreds of people in this area. Not likely to make much of a difference, but it's still worth offering.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
'That's why the offer is easy to make. :)

With that said, a fraction of 1% of monthly traffic is still hundreds of people in this area. Not likely to make much of a difference, but it's still worth offering.
Did you ever offer it to the Red Fox restaurant in Middletown? They've become good friends to the program and have been great about offering guys NIL opportunities.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe OT but I hope the Dairy Bar doesn't wait for another natty to bring back Hurley Almond Swirley.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

At least ask for Christmas Dinner sammiches.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Stephan Castle maybe a future NBA player but he's not the best secret Santa, just saying. ;)

Reaction Score
Just had a King Karaban sandwich. Pretty good. I'm not a big chipotle mayo person but the fresh mozzarella counteracts it so it wasn't too spicy. They said it's selling very well. The NIL deal was the idea of a friend of Alex's that works at Vin Bin and he set the wheels in motion. Cost is $15 so I'm assuming Alex is getting about $1 for each sandwich since all their other sandwiches are either $13 or $13.75.

I asked about having a banner ad on the Boneyard. Nobody working in the Southborough store had any clue how to respond to that. The owner, Rick Lombardi, spends most of his time at the Marlborough store. So better to ask him. If I'm by there I'll ask him.

King Karaban Sandwich.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom