K.O. on CBS This Morning...this morning | The Boneyard

K.O. on CBS This Morning...this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting, great watch. Certainly seems like he'll go to the NBA at some point but hopefully we get a bunch of years out of him first. Anyone hear anything on contract negotiations? We need to increase his pay ASAP

Reaction Score
OMG. Every day I thank Jim Calhoun twice. Once for all he did as a coach, and a second time for ensuring that Kevin Ollie would succeed him. KO is possibly the most charismatic coach in college basketball, and one of the best human beings too.

BTW, I thought Gayle King was awesome. Great questions, and one right after another. That was a super interview. I feel so good about the future of our program.

Reaction Score
Has he been in a room with Diaco yet? Between energy vampires and championships chasing us, that room would be a gold mine of quotes

Reaction Score
Has he been in a room with Diaco yet? Between energy vampires and championships chasing us, that room would be a gold mine of quotes
Based on nothing.....I think KO is here to stay. He would be a fool to say otherwise, but I think he is a college coach with NBA ability. Only OKC scares me. If you are going to leave a blue-blood program for the NBA, you would only do so if you are going to have one of the top 5 or 6 players in the League on your roster.

Reaction Score
I'm praying we get 10 years from him. Is that too much to ask? Back the truck up and don't be cheap. Phenomenal interview. 6 minutes prime time morning coast to coast, can't buy that kind of press. The best recruits should be lining up outside his door. Wonder when we hear something?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BTW, I thought Gayle King was awesome. Great questions, and one right after another. That was a super interview. I feel so good about the future of our program.

Gayle was in Hartford when KO was a player.

Reaction Score
OMG. Every day I thank Jim Calhoun twice. Once for all he did as a coach, and a second time for ensuring that Kevin Ollie would succeed him. KO is possibly the most charismatic coach in college basketball, and one of the best human beings too.

I couldn't agree more with this. In the corporate world, they say that one of the CEO's most important jobs is to identify and groom a successor. JC certainly isn't a corporate type, but he knocked it out of the park on this one...

Reaction Score
I'm praying we get 10 years from him. Is that too much to ask? Back the truck up and don't be cheap. Phenomenal interview. 6 minutes prime time morning coast to coast, can't buy that kind of press. The best recruits should be lining up outside his door. Wonder when we hear something?
I don't think many top recruits were watching that, but I agree that every ounce of exposure he gets is 100% positive. I think were going to be a whole lot tougher to handle with Ollie than we ever we're with Calhoun. Also I really like how our coach has such a great nickname that is all his own, we'll be KOing opponents in the big dance for years to come. Praise Ollie!

Reaction Score
I dawned on this old guy that that the most important message KO took from JC had Little to do with basketball.
That's the part of JC that's gets overlooked the most.
It's giving the gift of that lost art called father-hood
Watching four kids graduate is bigger for him than the NC.
KO could never get to do that at the NBA level.

Reaction Score
Based on nothing.....I think KO is here to stay. He would be a fool to say otherwise, but I think he is a college coach with NBA ability. Only OKC scares me. If you are going to leave a blue-blood program for the NBA, you would only do so if you are going to have one of the top 5 or 6 players in the League on your roster.

Larry Brown told Ollie to not even think of going back to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie is a magnificent coach but a he is an even better man. UConn has the best men's basketball coach in the country bar none. Most teams achieveing great success stumble when the old coach retires. UConn might be the first school to stumble even or possibly stumble up after the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom