K.O. on CBS This Morning...this morning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

K.O. on CBS This Morning...this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO is about molding boys into men- and not just on the court. I doubt he wants a baby sitting job for spoiled multimillionaires. He wants his life to mean something- and making 3 million a year is enough for most people to get by on.
But after 10 years and a couple more rings, why not take the challenge and step up? Not concerned he's leaving soon, but if he dominates why not?

Reaction Score
What-ifs are for the other 67 teams that were in the tournament.
Indeed. And by the same token, IF Donyell hits one of two free throws, and IF UConn isn't matched up with the eventual national champions in 1995 and 2002, and IF Ricky Moore doesn't get hurt against Colgate, and IF Tate George doesn't lose the steal out of bounds with :01 left in 1990, and IF AJ Price doesn't get mixed up with the laptop nonsense and miss 2006....

Or even, how about IF Tyus Edney doesn't hit the layup against Missouri...

UConn has had way more than their fair share of bad luck and bad bounces in their time.

Similarly, you could say what IF Tate doesn't hit "the shot", or Rip doesn't hit the shot against Washington, or whatever...

Reaction Score
Superstar Coach, Brand spanking new Practice Facility, National Champs...can you honestly ask for anything else!? Two years ago we were clawing for something to go right...now look! Even if we are in the AAC for the next few years other schools are going to be trying to schedule games against us instead of us trying to call them

I agree with all of this. What KO has done is set back the hands on what some believe is the "Doomsday Clock."
I think he's actually stopped the clock and thrown away its key.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Geno once said "we have Diana, and you don't". Well, we have KO, and you don't. Talk about the whole package. The future couldn't be brighter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Based on nothing.....I think KO is here to stay. He would be a fool to say otherwise, but I think he is a college coach with NBA ability. Only OKC scares me. If you are going to leave a blue-blood program for the NBA, you would only do so if you are going to have one of the top 5 or 6 players in the League on your roster.
I am officially pulling for OKC and scottie brooks to win the NBA title.

Reaction Score
You heard it here first everyone………2009-10 or so after he talked to a bunch of 10-17 year olds at Loomis Chafee for his basketball school……

KO is a star!!!!!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, seriously, you can say that about any team.

I mean, UConn manhandled Villanova (2 seed), Iowa St., Michigan St., and Florida.

I found it amusing you needed to qualify Villanova as a 2 seed. Every other team stands alone. Villanova? "But Villanova was a 2 seed"!

Reaction Score
I'm in Love, with Kevin Ollie.
HUGE MAN CRUSH!!!!!!

httdTH6M.jpeg

Reaction Score
Indeed. And by the same token, IF Donyell hits one of two free throws, and IF UConn isn't matched up with the eventual national champions in 1995 and 2002, and IF Ricky Moore doesn't get hurt against Colgate, and IF Tate George doesn't lose the steal out of bounds with :01 left in 1990, and IF AJ Price doesn't get mixed up with the laptop nonsense and miss 2006....

Or even, how about IF Tyus Edney doesn't hit the layup against Missouri...

UConn has had way more than their fair share of bad luck and bad bounces in their time.

Similarly, you could say what IF Tate doesn't hit "the shot", or Rip doesn't hit the shot against Washington, or whatever...
IF Dyson doesn't get hurt in 09

Reaction Score
But after 10 years and a couple more rings, why not take the challenge and step up? Not concerned he's leaving soon, but if he dominates why not?
To win more titles than Calhoun.

Reaction Score
I found it amusing you needed to qualify Villanova as a 2 seed. Every other team stands alone. Villanova? "But Villanova was a 2 seed"!

That's because the words, "Villanova" and "Two Seed" have never been heard together in modern times, and may never be used together in a sentence ever again.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's because the words, "Villanova" and "Two Seed" have never been heard together in modern times, and may never be used together in a sentence ever again.

Yup, that's what I was chuckling at. The only reason he put them on the list was because they were a two!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nice. Missed one.

This is probably a great thread on its own.

Off the top of my head, I can still see KEA limping against Tennessee, and a ball wedged between backboard and rim in San Antonio, and AJP stopped after 9 minutes in the USan Diego game. Then again, ISU w/Niang is the one game I think may have turned out differently.

Fwiw, I also always imagine Adrien in there for more minutes banging against George Mason & beating them at their own game.

In essence, every NCAA loss is the one that stopped UCONN from thereafter going all the way.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Off the top of my head, I can still see KEA limping against Tennessee, and a ball wedged between backboard and rim in San Antonio, and AJP stopped after 9 minutes in the USan Diego game. Then again, ISU w/Niang is the one game I think may have turned out differently.

I didn't think that team was going to do much, but damn it was gutting for AJ, after the previous injuries.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I didn't think that team was going to do much, but damn it was gutting for AJ, after the previous injuries.

Yeah, I know, but the other two I really didn't close the door until those moments.

Reaction Score
This is probably a great thread on its own.

Fwiw, I also always imagine Adrien in there for more minutes banging against George Mason & beating them at their own game.

In essence, every NCAA loss is the one that stopped UCONN from thereafter going all the way.

Tough to say, we held Big 12 POY Ejim to 7 pts and with Niang in Hogue doesn't go off for 30+. It probably would have been more of a game though. Plus Kentucky was supposed to dominate inside and look how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom