Just moved into my dorm.. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Just moved into my dorm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
actuarial science. Im going to reapply to the business school though because accounting was my first choice
If you've got any questions about the business school shoot me a DM. I'm currently a junior in the business school.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey aburks, it was suggested in another thread that you wander over to Gampel and the Champions Center to see if you can get any pick up game reports, etc. Grab someone from the dorm and head over so you can post. Having asked to leave when I was watching a closed practice, I can tell you it's not a big deal.

...Just a little something to keep you busy.;)

Reaction Score
Hey aburks, it was suggested in another thread that you wander over to Gampel and the Champions Center to see if you can get any pick up game reports, etc. Grab someone from the dorm and head over so you can post. Having asked to leave when I was watching a closed practice, I can tell you it's not a big deal.

...Just a little something to keep you busy.;)
me and my friends have to head over that way to sign up for some bball and soccer intramurals so i'll check it out if i can get into the practice facility

Reaction Score
Could be worse. He could be poor Tony Robertson. He was here four years, and UConn won a title the year before he arrived and the year after he left.
tony was that duuuuuude. poor guy!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
me and my friends have to head over that way to sign up for some bball and soccer intramurals so i'll check it out if i can get into the practice facility
See! You're no longer homesick.

Reaction Score
First thing- Don't be an actuary. It's a fleeting profession. If you do choose to be one, don't take the tests until after you graduate college, that way you can actually enjoy school. I have two friends: friend A chose to do a bunch of his exams through college and made a ton of money right out of college. Friend B had way more fun in college and started his exams after school and now are both pretty much caught up 5-7+ years out of school. Friend A regrets it.

Another opinion: You cannot be afraid of who you are and meeting new people. I am one of the foolish people who got arrested the first night of college by having a huge party. Yes i regret that aspect, but i was put on the map from day 1. i had a glorious 4 year career (donna how i made it out in 4) but the moral of the story is you can't glue yourself to your room, your dorm, etc. You need to get out there and be as outgoing as possible. It always sounds cliche when people say this is the best 4 years of your life, but it really is. I had a very very tight knit crew in high school, and now as i prepared to get married, only 1 of those people is going to be in my wedding party.. the others- my college friends (and my brother). Just live it up man. Be care free, make mistakes, but make sure you take care of academics. My freshman year i got a 2.2 and only 9 credits and got suspended from the soccer team for a semester. Not the way to succeed academically, or please your parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom