July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There will always be Celtics Lakers talk.

Might as well have some of the singalong to go along with the talk

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins vs St. Michael Albertville - Dec 6, 2016

A game never posted here before from Paige's freshman season. Paige had 21 points and 6 assists while sitting out big chunks of the second half.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Two things concerned me. Azzi clearly had a problem with her leg or legs and Paige was not wearing a mask. Fudd could not move well on defense.

Reaction Score
If we measure the angles spanned by the different colleges, UConn is at 90 degrees (as well as being at the top and closest to her brain), all other schools 45 degrees.
Yeah, but all her attention is focused on Stanford....the "eyes" have it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Two things concerned me. Azzi clearly had a problem with her leg or legs and Paige was not wearing a mask. Fudd could not move well on defense.
Not to be a totally wet blanket but to add a third concern. This AAU team (GTS Fusion) is Under Armour affiliated. Azzi formerly played AAU for the Fairfax Stars. The Fairfax Stars are Nike affiliated. Azzi won Nike Nationals with the Faixfax stars in 2017. Both Katie and Tim were coaches for the Stars. Had Azzi returned to the Fairfax stars this season her teammates would have been Kiki Rice and Saylor Poffenbarger.
Maybe those MD shorts that Azzi keeps wearing.... Nah..... I'm not even going to finish the thought-too depressing to think about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So her parents stopped coaching AAU and she moved to a different team. "Yawn".

Reaction Score
Not to be a totally wet blanket but to add a third concern. This AAU team (GTS Fusion) is Under Armour affiliated. Azzi formerly played AAU for the Fairfax Stars. The Fairfax Stars are Nike affiliated. Azzi won Nike Nationals with the Faixfax stars in 2017. Both Katie and Tim were coaches for the Stars. Had Azzi returned to the Fairfax stars this season her teammates would have been Kiki Rice and Saylor Poffenbarger.
Maybe those MD shorts that Azzi keeps wearing.... Nah..... I'm not even going to finish the thought-too depressing to think about.
Have you been watching and listening to a lot of this deep state conspiracy stuff that's so popular right now? Just checking to see if you're OK. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So her parents stopped coaching AAU and she moved to a different team. "Yawn".
Katie and Tim are still coaching her new AAU team. Get some coffee if you need it.

Reaction Score
Katie and Tim are still coaching her new AAU team. Get some coffee if you need it.

They own and run GTS Fusion. Does that mean she is going to go to an Under Armor school IDK. Kevin Plank went to the same high school as Azzi. But I have no idea if that has any meaning in her decision.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They own and run GTS Fusion. Does that mean she is going to go to an Under Armor school IDK. Kevin Plank went to the same high school as Azzi. But I have no idea if that has any meaning in her decision.
Thanks. I did not know any of that. Is GTS Fusion an entirely new organization-recently started?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Was there a game that her team played Amari DeBerry's team?
Not that I'm aware of. There was a scrimmage against the U16 Philly Belles but DeBerry plays for the U17 team.
The two teams must have played recently maybe not at Penn State but in this clip is Olivia Miles who Plays on Amari Philly Belles team.

Reaction Score

I know this is going to be considered blasphemy on this board, but Fudd is extremely overrated right now. I realize that it is extremely tough coming back from a bad injury like Fudd suffered, but she just does not look anything close to the best player in the country. Don't get me wrong, she is still as smart and savvy a basketball player as you will ever find, she has an amazing pull up, she is lights out if left open behind the arc, she is a tremendous leader the way she is always picking her team up, and she plays extremely hard! She just doesn't have that "it" factor that she used to have! She is obviously not fully back yet, but she looks extremely slow right now, she was never really an elite athlete, it's just that her lack of athleticism really stands out now. She doesn't have the handle or speed to play the 1 in college like some have suggested. She is a below average defender at this point, lacking the length to alter shots and the foot speed and lateral quickness to defend the drive. She struggled to get separation to get open and was very inactive without the ball on offense. Again, I know it is very early in her recovery and I hope she really gets back to form as time goes on because she has worked so hard and deserves it. I still would like her to commit to UConn, but I wouldn't be heart broken if she went somewhere else.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins vs Minnetonka - 3/14/17 - State Playoffs

Bueckers makes the game look way too easy even as a freshman. Driving layups, floaters, backdoor cuts, a couple highlight-reel passes; IOW the usual.

Paige finished with 31 points (12-17 FG), 5 rebounds, 5 assists

Reaction Score
I only watched the game against Riverside. She definitely was injured towards the the end of the first half. She didn’t play in the second half and wasn’t even on the bench for a lot of it. About 12 points and 3 steals isn’t too bad for 1 half of a game.

Reaction Score
Hopkins vs Minnetonka - 3/14/17 - State Playoffs

Bueckers makes the game look way too easy even as a freshman. Driving layups, floaters, backdoor cuts, a couple highlight-reel passes; IOW the usual.

Paige finished with 31 points (12-17 FG), 5 rebounds, 5 assists

Did a little research and this is interesting. Hopkins and Minnetonka HS are both public and in Minnetonka. Bueckers played as a freshman at Hopkins even though it is listed as one of the only HS in Minn. still offering classes in only grades 10 thru 12. So I wonder how she did that. Minnetonka is much larger with 3300 students to 1600 for Hopkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom