Josh Perkins and Rashad Vaughn Talking Package Deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Josh Perkins and Rashad Vaughn Talking Package Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He said "successfully". Debatable answer. Won a ship w/ them, but both of them bailed and didn't care for JC. I am not a fan of package deals, but Vaughn and Perkins are both amazing talent.
I consider a national title "successful" regardless of how their career ended. No Alex, no title. I'd take a similar result from Perkins/Vaughn any day

Reaction Score
The kid wants to go to Kentucky. Next.

Newsflash: if we stop recruiting kids who are interested in Kentucky we might as well try to land in the NESCAC.

Keep thinking interest in Kentucky is a character flaw and keep being surprised when they land top 5 classes.

Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything on Jordan McLaughlin? I think we're too late to the Perkins show...
Why would you say that? Perkins continues to say UConn and Kentucky are his top 2 schools and he wants to visit both. And Kentucky hasn't even offered him yet since they want Mudiay and Jones more. So UConn has a great chance with Perkins.

3UConn, when you talk to Perkins ask him about his quote that he doesn't feel like he's anyone's backup plan. Well Josh, you're Kentucky's backup plan. So do you or don't you like being someone's backup plan? You're UConn's top option at PG.

Reaction Score
3UConn, when you talk to Perkins ask him about his quote that he doesn't feel like he's anyone's backup plan. Well Josh, you're Kentucky's backup plan. So do you or don't you like being someone's backup plan? You're UConn's top option at PG.
Sorry about this but there must have been some confusion. I'm not talking with Perkins but I will be talking with Jordan McLaughlin at some point. I'm also going to be talking with Malachi Richardson.

Reaction Score
I consider a national title "successful" regardless of how their career ended. No Alex, no title. I'd take a similar result from Perkins/Vaughn any day

Fair enough good reasoning

Reaction Score
Why would you say that? Perkins continues to say UConn and Kentucky are his top 2 schools and he wants to visit both

Perkins has never said that Uconn/UK are his top 2. If anything, UCLA is the leader in the clubhouse.

Reaction Score
Where have you heard ucla leader

Not saying it's a done deal, just that we're late to the party and seem to be playing catch-up at the moment. If he really is going to commit on August 25, then Kentucky has to actually offer him a scholarship and Uconn has to actually get him on campus before then to have a real shot. We can't afford any car trouble.

The UCLA stuff is mostly just a lot of writing on the wall, nothing more. Alford's been on him since New Mexico, he's already visited, they fit the Vaughn package deal scenario, he's a west coast kid, almost all of the predictions on 247sports have him picking UCLA, etc.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah the Vaughn package deal, our late entry to this one, and his roots out west make me believe he won't come here. I think we'll be lucky to actually get him on campus. If we do, then our chances increase exponentially. If not, then bye bye.

Reaction Score
Not saying it's a done deal, just that we're late to the party and seem to be playing catch-up at the moment. If he really is going to commit on August 25, then Kentucky has to actually offer him a scholarship and Uconn has to actually get him on campus before then to have a real shot. We can't afford any car trouble.

The UCLA stuff is mostly just a lot of writing on the wall, nothing more. Alford's been on him since New Mexico, he's already visited, they fit the Vaughn package deal scenario, he's a west coast kid, almost all of the predictions on 247sports have him picking UCLA, etc.
O.K., fair enough. But he visited UCLA over a month ago and hasn't comitted and is considering other visits. Obviously have to get him on campus or UConn has no shot. But if he makes the trip and Kentucky never offers then I think UConn has a decent chance.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hey, if he wants a little bit of west coast, we have a little bit of west coast in Kevin Ollie.

it would be great to shift our focus from recruiting Germany to recruiting L.A. Having 3-4 top so. cal. guys on the team each year would be nice.

Reaction Score
Ucla has made a real run at perkins. Tos had a ucla article that shows who they have followed during the last few months. Uncla watched just about every game

Reaction Score
So it seems both UCLA and UConn are after both Perkins and McLaughlin. If Perkins does go to UCLA, does that help us with McLaughlin?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So it seems both UCLA and UConn are after both Perkins and McLaughlin. If Perkins does go to UCLA, does that help us with McLaughlin?
I would think so. I'd rather have McLaughlin, he's a 2-3 year player minimum and is a Shabazz hybrid. And he's said to be the best shooter in the class.

Reaction Score
I view Perkins as the most important recruit in this class. I am not comfortable with Purvis playing point guard in more than a limited capacity and the combination of size and court vision Perkins possesses can take a team to the next level.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I view Perkins as the most important recruit in this class. I am not comfortable with Purvis playing point guard in more than a limited capacity and the combination of size and court vision Perkins possesses can take a team to the next level.
yeah but he has a year of no pressure to develop under ollie for that year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69