Josh Perkins and Rashad Vaughn Talking Package Deal | The Boneyard

Josh Perkins and Rashad Vaughn Talking Package Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/articles/rashad-vaughn-josh-perkins-talking-package-deal/#more-99428

Perkins said Baylor, Gonzaga, UConn, Minnesota and USC also told him they would be watching him.

He is planning on visiting Kentucky and UConn sometime in August.

“We start school Aug. 7 so it’s probably going to be after then,” Perkins said of those visits.

As for the UConn visit, Perkins said, “East Coast basketball is a little different but UConn’s a great program and we’re going to see what they have to offer.”

These package deals rarely work out. But I wouldn't mind if Perkins likes UConn and tells Vaughn to check them out.

Reaction Score
The chances for Perkins are slimmer if this is true........again sometimes these kids just hope and dream though, then they eventually realize they have different ideas of what fits. I'm still amazed with Calipari sending emails to Vaughn about him and Muiday but nothing to him, yet he's "waiting for their offer"?? C'mon Josh don't accept sloppy 2nds, land in Storrs where you know they want you!

U

UCONNfan1

I don't recall JC ever successfully recruiting a "package deal". Does anyone recall if he ever did? Not sure how Ollie would feel about it. Not sure i'm keen on the "check out UCONN and see what they have to offer" comment, but I'm probably reading way too much into it. It sounds similar to "what are you going to do $ for me" a-la Kentucky. But like I said, probably reading too much into it!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't recall JC ever successfully recruiting a "package deal". Does anyone recall if he ever did? Not sure how Ollie would feel about it. Not sure i'm keen on the "check out UCONN and see what they have to offer" comment, but I'm probably reading way too much into it. It sounds similar to "what are you going to do $ for me" a-la Kentucky. But like I said, probably reading too much into it!

Coombs/AO

Reaction Score
If they were at the same high school I would say it happens but I doubt it now.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything on Jordan McLaughlin? I think we're too late to the Perkins show...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything on Jordan McLaughlin? I think we're too late to the Perkins show...

I agree that this does not sound good, but if we get a visit, there's a puncher's chance. This "go as a combo deal" often does not materialize, but not good to hear.

Reaction Score
I will be talking with him sometime. But I know he's going to be visiting here.

Reaction Score
Now that it's the live period we should be finding out who's coming for an official in August and September. These are the kids the staff feels they have a good chance to land.

Reaction Score
It's official he's being watched:
@FinkelsteinNERR: John Calipari, Kevin Ollie, Scott Drew & Steve Alford all watching Josh Perkins right now at @BreakoutClassic

Reaction Score
It's official he's being watched:
@FinkelsteinNERR: John Calipari, Kevin Ollie, Scott Drew & Steve Alford all watching Josh Perkins right now at @BreakoutClassic

That was fast 3. Just check my twitter and Finkelstein posted that 1 minute ago

Reaction Score
Coombs/AO

He said "successfully". Debatable answer. Won a ship w/ them, but both of them bailed and didn't care for JC. I am not a fan of package deals, but Vaughn and Perkins are both amazing talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom